PDA

View Full Version : Not 3d Compatible? I didn't know!

Hasson82
12-03-2013, 10:01 PM
I purchased the G750jx-T4199H thinking this model would be 3d ready. I had read countless reviews and an Asus description of the g750jx as being 3d ready. 1 month after purchasing this device I now learn that the 3d screen is not standard and is
'optional'. I feel like a complete idiot as the 3d function was a big selling point for me. any advice other than give myself a slap?

villiansv
12-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Consider that 3D reduces your frame rate in half (has to draw the same scene twice). You wouldn't be able to play new games at high quality, and the situation will quickly get worse with new games coming out.
3D is simply a gimmick that nvidia is trying to push, it may make sense with a desktop SLI or Titan setup, but on a laptop its usability is questionable at best. Not to mention that many people experience headaches/tiredness from the 3D vision.

That being said, you could probably get 3D working if you must. You need the glasses and a 3D TV connected via HDMI. Would depend on what HDMI port the G750 has - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hdmi#Version_1.4 has info on 1.4a vs 1.4b, but I can't seem to find info on which version we have, exactly.

Shawnnepc
12-04-2013, 12:52 AM
I purchased the G750jx-T4199H thinking this model would be 3d ready. I had read countless reviews and an Asus description of the g750jx as being 3d ready. 1 month after purchasing this device I now learn that the 3d screen is not standard and is
'optional'. I feel like a complete idiot as the 3d function was a big selling point for me. any advice other than give myself a slap?

All 3D ASUS models have 1 x 3D glasses bundled with the product. All the US based models also have basemodel-xx-3D in the model name (not sure how europe / asia is handled) Technically, your laptop can output 3D with a supported display & the NVIDIA 3DTV Play software.

Also as villiansv stated, there's a severe overhead cost in rendering 3D as the image is being produced twice per frame which puts significant strain on the GPU.

Pitcher@asus
12-04-2013, 03:44 AM
yep, if you buy 3D model, you can check your box have 3D glasses and do you have IR senser on top of screen near camear.

Hasson82
12-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Thanks guys, i feel better knowing that performance would've been greatly reduced if my screen had been capable of 3d. Next time I will buy a desktop. Thanks again.