PDA

View Full Version : Very bad experience with Asus model G750JX

joeyce
12-03-2013, 11:31 PM
I bought an Asus model G750JX, with 2 identical products I have had the following technical problems:
NVIDIA 3D VISION glasses were faults in the charging of the battery, exaggerated flicker of the lenses that I have caused severe headache and vomiting
The notebook screen freezes with black screen and have to be manually restarted 2 or 3 times to get it started.
The screen colors change inexplicably loading the operating system Windows 8.
I played a simple game Wizard101 3d ready, and the characters of the game every now and then you could see the dark face, seemed faceless, with the colors changed, while activating the 3D screen has not been able to play because I pointed out an error in setting 3D.
By performing the calibration of the 3D and colors, windows 8 upgrade and update all possible drivers, the result has not changed
For 2 times asus was limited to email me to ask for the product assitance.
Total disappointment of bad policy asus, lack of skilled technicians to explain correctly the problem and describe the technical support service is limited to send the copy and paste email already prepackaged, sending RMA for repair and refuse to be replaced, the product.
For notebooks I've always bought Dell products, products that I have never had a problem and I have a DELL Inspiron 1720 laptop purchased back in 2008, which has never gone in for service and you do not ever broken in my life I had never success such a bad experience with a notebook as it was for this Asus product.
Does anyone perhaps have had my very bad experience?

Shawnnepc
12-04-2013, 12:46 AM
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your new G750.

What issue did you have with charging? The glasses should be plugged into your USB port for about 1HR before your first use.

Excessive flickering of the glasses can be caused by interference with the 3D glasses. This may occur due to distance, fluorescent lighting or improperly placed emitter.

Please take a cellphone or camera and view where the 3D emitter is (should be near the webcam) look for a light while the 3D is enabled. (Our eyes cannot see infrared but cameras will show it as visible light) Let me know if the light is rapidly blinking or if it appears to be blocked by the bezel.

Once we determine the cause of the interference we can then find a fix.

As far as the picture distortion is concerned... Did the picture look correct during the initial wizard setup?

Welcome to the ROG community, hopefully we can sort your 3D issues out :)

I bought an Asus model G750JX, with 2 identical products I have had the following technical problems:
NVIDIA 3D VISION glasses were faults in the charging of the battery, exaggerated flicker of the lenses that I have caused severe headache and vomiting
The notebook screen freezes with black screen and have to be manually restarted 2 or 3 times to get it started.
The screen colors change inexplicably loading the operating system Windows 8.
I played a simple game Wizard101 3d ready, and the characters of the game every now and then you could see the dark face, seemed faceless, with the colors changed, while activating the 3D screen has not been able to play because I pointed out an error in setting 3D.
By performing the calibration of the 3D and colors, windows 8 upgrade and update all possible drivers, the result has not changed
For 2 times asus was limited to email me to ask for the product assitance.
Total disappointment of bad policy asus, lack of skilled technicians to explain correctly the problem and describe the technical support service is limited to send the copy and paste email already prepackaged, sending RMA for repair and refuse to be replaced, the product.
For notebooks I've always bought Dell products, products that I have never had a problem and I have a DELL Inspiron 1720 laptop purchased back in 2008, which has never gone in for service and you do not ever broken in my life I had never success such a bad experience with a notebook as it was for this Asus product.
Does anyone perhaps have had my very bad experience?

Pitcher@asus
12-04-2013, 03:49 AM
you mean you sent to RMA, it is unable to get fix your problem?
or you call hotline to our service center, our man can not explain or fix your problem?

Shawnnepc
12-04-2013, 02:24 PM
you mean you sent to RMA, it is unable to get fix your problem?
or you call hotline to our service center, our man can not explain or fix your problem?

3D Vision questions are usually ignored on the ASUS support phone.

The reps need to tell the customers to contact NVIDIA for 3D Vision help instead of giving them generic replies or ignoring them.

joeyce
12-10-2013, 11:52 PM
MODEL G750JX-CV200H
MODEL G750JX-CV038H

CLARIFICATIONS

As for the notebook, the color changes without explanation, I have made 10 times the color calibration, but the settings are not retained.
Upgrading Windows 8.1 did, updating all drivers did.

REMEMBER THAT THE LAPTOP DOES NOT START WITH NEW DRIVER, BLACK SCREEN,
I am forced to manually shut it down for 2 or 3 times to get it to turn on

Unacceptable, UNACCEPTABLE, unacceptable

Below I have put a link to my video for you to see that the 'UFO NOTEBOOK does not retain the color settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngwEMgLpoC4

If it was just for a bit of color faded, I could also postpone, but crazy things the texture of the games is often distorted in the details of the faces of the characters in the games, as if there was a light bulb off of the face.
You just can not be waived.
As for the glasses, were put in charge for 3 hours, the sunglasses do not come on, stay off, to make them work I'm forced to keep connected the usb cable.
The glasses have been tested directly on the monitor with no other lights around, the flickering is unbearable, vomiting vomiting vomiting.

In addition, SHAWNNEPC, I inform you that with regard to the NVIDIA 3D glasses, I contacted technical support via chat, and I'm sorry to tell you but things are not like you have written.
NVIDIA does not by technical support on products sold along with other products, or provided as a gift, as is the case with UFO NOTEBOOK ASUS.
In fact, I was told that the product must be returned to the seller, or to manufacturer, to replace the product with UFO NOTEBOOK ASUS.

As for the ASUS engineers, I have not received any assistance, this thing I was very surprised because in the past the technicians have proved efficient and collaborative with customers, perhaps in ITALY ASUS in recent years has fired all the engineers, they kept they only responded with an email copy and paste to re-enter the product in assistance with the RMA return, not denoted by a hardware failure (faulty hardware UFO LOL!!).

MY NEW PRODUCT, 2 HOURS OF LIFE, I MUST SEND TO TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE RMA (BROKEN) !!!!!!!!!...

UNACCEPTABLE.

I am returning the notebook for the second time in the second seller, I have exercised the right of withdrawal for non-conforming product, according to the Italian law and European law
This is the second notebook purchase
I'm buying back the product for the third time, this will be the last time, let's see if this time this UFO NOTEBOOK works.
If the third time this UFO NOTEBOOK does not work, I declare ASUS failed. It definitely will not be buying ever more a product of this brand.

Shawnnepc
12-11-2013, 05:29 AM
Sorry to hear that.

Please note that you did not follow the steps I asked of you in the prior post and as such never gave us the opportunity to assist you

Hopefully the replacement will function as you are expecting.

Best of luck,

Shawn

MODEL G750JX-CV200H
MODEL G750JX-CV038H

CLARIFICATIONS

As for the notebook, the color changes without explanation, I have made 10 times the color calibration, but the settings are not retained.
Upgrading Windows 8.1 did, updating all drivers did.

REMEMBER THAT THE LAPTOP DOES NOT START WITH NEW DRIVER, BLACK SCREEN,
I am forced to manually shut it down for 2 or 3 times to get it to turn on

Unacceptable, UNACCEPTABLE, unacceptable

Below I have put a link to my video for you to see that the 'UFO NOTEBOOK does not retain the color settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngwEMgLpoC4

If it was just for a bit of color faded, I could also postpone, but crazy things the texture of the games is often distorted in the details of the faces of the characters in the games, as if there was a light bulb off of the face.
You just can not be waived.
As for the glasses, were put in charge for 3 hours, the sunglasses do not come on, stay off, to make them work I'm forced to keep connected the usb cable.
The glasses have been tested directly on the monitor with no other lights around, the flickering is unbearable, vomiting vomiting vomiting.

In addition, SHAWNNEPC, I inform you that with regard to the NVIDIA 3D glasses, I contacted technical support via chat, and I'm sorry to tell you but things are not like you have written.
NVIDIA does not by technical support on products sold along with other products, or provided as a gift, as is the case with UFO NOTEBOOK ASUS.
In fact, I was told that the product must be returned to the seller, or to manufacturer, to replace the product with UFO NOTEBOOK ASUS.

As for the ASUS engineers, I have not received any assistance, this thing I was very surprised because in the past the technicians have proved efficient and collaborative with customers, perhaps in ITALY ASUS in recent years has fired all the engineers, they kept they only responded with an email copy and paste to re-enter the product in assistance with the RMA return, not denoted by a hardware failure (faulty hardware UFO LOL!!).

MY NEW PRODUCT, 2 HOURS OF LIFE, I MUST SEND TO TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE RMA (BROKEN) !!!!!!!!!...

UNACCEPTABLE.

I am returning the notebook for the second time in the second seller, I have exercised the right of withdrawal for non-conforming product, according to the Italian law and European law
This is the second notebook purchase
I'm buying back the product for the third time, this will be the last time, let's see if this time this UFO NOTEBOOK works.
If the third time this UFO NOTEBOOK does not work, I declare ASUS failed. It definitely will not be buying ever more a product of this brand.

joeyce
12-11-2013, 09:16 PM
steps have been performed correctly, but the problem remained
Without opening unnecessary controversy and even unnecessary procedures, it would be much appreciated technical advice.
The 3D glasses are not a priority for me.
You gave advice only for those, but for the very serious defects of the notebook, you have not written anything.
For accuracy I'm a computer technician specializing in hardware and software.
I know very well how to recognize a PC does not work
The fact is that ASUS does not want to recognize that the WINDOWS 8.1 and this notebook model has flaws compatibility with the nvidia driver and the video card hardware.
thanks

Shawnnepc
12-11-2013, 09:35 PM
It would appear that your overexposed picture is related to NVIDIA Lightboost 2 Technology (Lightboost exaggerates system brightness/ gamma to counteract the 3D glasses dimming effects) which is apart of NVIDIA 3D Vision.

I asked you to check and see if the emitter is misfiring as this is what controls Lightboost.

IF we can rule out 3D vision issue then we can start working on the actual hardware itself.

The vast majority of customers are not having issues with their laptops so it's possible you could of just gotten a dud.

Hopefully your replacement will work defect free and all will be well.

Please keep us updated on your situation so we assist in any way that we can :)

steps have been performed correctly, but the problem remained
Without opening unnecessary controversy and even unnecessary procedures, it would be much appreciated technical advice.
The 3D glasses are not a priority for me.
You gave advice only for those, but for the very serious defects of the notebook, you have not written anything.
For accuracy I'm a computer technician specializing in hardware and software.
I know very well how to recognize a PC does not work
The fact is that ASUS does not want to recognize that the WINDOWS 8.1 and this notebook model has flaws compatibility with the nvidia driver and the video card hardware.
thanks

joeyce
12-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Point out that the defect of color occurs in all games, with no use 3D glasses off.
The textures of the colors and graphics is corrupted on the details of the games.
Also note, that with the new updated drivers for your video card nvidia windows 8.1 and the monitor of my notebook is turned off, will not turn on.
I returned the notebook to the seller, I am now waiting for the refund to new order with a new supplier, I do not want to give up, this notebook has always been in my desires.

Rawand
12-14-2013, 12:01 AM
Did you tried on windows 7?
I had dell 3d vision on win 7 never had such problem

I ordered g750jx-cv200h. From italy item not shiped yet I spoke to the, today i ask the, about any problems with laptop or with 3d they said we order from the company unopened coming i think will be ok otherwise if you had problem return item or contact RMA. You have 2years warranty