PDA

View Full Version : G73JW random crashing

Shanaftw
09-08-2011, 03:16 PM
So for about a month now I've been having a really bad problem with my laptop. It will randomly shut off completely while I'm playing a game(I have yet to have it crash when out of a game). I have done extensive temperature monitoring/benchmark testing and the problem is not happening due to overheating.

I bought the laptop around march of this year.

I have tried formatting and reinstalling windows.
I have ran memtest 86+ for 7+ passes without errors.
I have ran seatools harddrive test without errors.
I have tried multiple video drivers.
I have tried changing audio drivers.
I have tried uninstalling power4gear/turbo boost.

I have no idea what else to do at this point, if anyone has some suggestions please by all means let me know.

attached below is a screenshot of my event log and my one and only minidump thats been created

xeromist
09-08-2011, 06:46 PM
I would make sure that you also have the latest BIOS and chipset drivers. Do you get any useful information when you double click any of those errors?

Shanaftw
09-08-2011, 07:01 PM
I flashed bios to version 250 right after i posted the thread, crashes continue. As far as chipset drivers, I have no clue what to look for there.

As far as the errors go, the only recurring thing I see is ntoskrnl.exe crashing

going to run prime95 for a few hours, then try driver verifier. will post back with results.

xeromist
09-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Well, I would just review Chastity's driver and firmware sticky to see if there's anything there you haven't updated yet. Beyond that you really don't have much to go on. Does it happen in more than one game?

Shanaftw
09-09-2011, 03:19 PM
I've updated everything, I absolutely cannot crash this pc from any stress test. But logging on to WoW still causes it.

xeromist
09-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Have you tried any game other than WoW?

Shanaftw
09-09-2011, 06:48 PM
I play heroes of newerth as well, its crashed on it in the past but doesnt anymore. Not sure why, I reinstalled WoW last night and it didnt help.

Shanaftw
09-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Installed the intel chipset update and a few dx updates, no crashes yet.. lets see if it stays that way.

Shanaftw
09-12-2011, 04:24 AM
crashes are back, I'm giving up thanks anyway.