PDA

View Full Version : Change the display on Asus g750JX

Drask
12-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Is it possible to change the display on this laptop? I don't mean to a 3D 120mhz, I mean to an IPS Glossy Panel, with better colors, instead of the matte display (I really hate the matte display, but was the only one available where I live).

Is this possible? If so, where can I find more information?

villiansv
12-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Yes you can. It's as simple as replacing an LCD panel on any other laptop. You probably won't find videos specific to the G750, but the predecessor G75 has a few videos on youtube that show you how to do it. It's pretty much the same process - remove rubber legs, unscrew, pop plastic bezel, unscrew old screen, disconnect it, connect new one, then reverse the process.

chokko
12-06-2013, 10:47 AM
i'm hoping Pierre has done his http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?40762-Anyone-replace-their-AUO-matte-screen before I get my screen on Wednesday.

If he hasn't, I will post pix.

Drask
12-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Is it expensive? Also Which one would you recommend, I'm looking for a 1080p IPS glossy screen

chokko
12-06-2013, 12:02 PM
$100 plus shipping

I would love to have IPS too, but don't think there are any for this.

Pierre990429
12-06-2013, 12:21 PM
i'm hoping Pierre has done his http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?40762-Anyone-replace-their-AUO-matte-screen before I get my screen on Wednesday.

If he hasn't, I will post pix.

Hello, thanks for the help. (I also replied on the thread you linked at)
No, I haven't done it yet.
I think I need some pictures (or a video).
The exact locations of the "clips" on the bezel would be useful.

I'm not sure the bezel of the G75 is 100% the same. (I know the "replace G75 screen" video)

Also, on the other thread, it's said that you pry the bezel by putting your finger on the inside of the bezel (where it touches the screen itself).
Isn't it risky? To open it, don't you have to press hard, and maybe damage the screen?

When I replaced the Dell M170 screens, I always started from the outside. The bezel on the Dell is thicker, too, and looks less fragile.

Drask
12-07-2013, 06:59 AM
$100 plus shipping

I would love to have IPS too, but don't think there are any for this.

Which display did you buy instead?