PDA

View Full Version : Asus G73JW -> F9 leading to windows repair?

binary3
09-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Im in need of resetting my Asus, however if I press F9 during boot, i will come to the windows repair menu, which isnt what I need. Is there any way I can make F9 lead to the restore partition menu again?
In advance, thanks!

-Binary3

xeromist
09-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Are you pressing it when the ASUS logo first appears? If you wait too long it will not come up.

binary3
09-09-2011, 04:10 PM
I am pressing it right at start, done it before on other laptops. would be great if somebody can tell me how to fix it, my brand new computer is currently unuseable, and the only way to fix this is to reset it to factory state.

xeromist
09-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Sorry, I do not know why you would not have this. Did you reformat the drive? Also note that I think it says loading Windows files when you first do the restore but then it goes to the ASUS restore, you've let it go all the way and it still boots to Windows?

If this is a brand new machine and it's not working then I would just return it to the vendor for an exchange.

binary3
09-10-2011, 01:13 PM
well it aint that new, had it 1-2 months.
When i press F9 I come to the menu where i, amongst other options can start windows repair and such things, but to my knowledge i should have reached the asus screen by now. The compter was reformtet, but I made sure that the resotre partition wasnt touched

xeromist
09-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Something is not working right. If you pressed F9 as soon as you turned it on and then didn't touch anything it would either load the restore menu or be booting into windows direct. F8 is supposed to take you to the startup selection. If you just turn it on and don't press any buttons does it go to the same startup menu? (indicating that perhaps F9 is doing nothing at all)

I guess I should have asked, what is the laptop doing that makes it unuseable? Perhaps the two are related if the hard drive is having problems. Clearly it turns on but does boot into Windows, give an error message, crash?

Chastity@ASUS
09-13-2011, 12:45 AM
You need to wait for the Asus screen to hit F9. If you do it too soon, the keystrokes are ignored.