PDA

View Full Version : Help! I don't know where else to look!

brswattt
12-07-2013, 01:33 AM
Ok, bought this laptop maybe a week ago.
I installed and updated the new NVidia drivers to play bf4, cod ghosts, and CoH2.
I can't play any games due to them crashing 1 min into gameplay.
I tried to factory reset- playing on that driver.
Doesn't work, crashes still.
I can play Elder Scrolls III morrowind with no problem - so I'm assuming it's something to do with the newer games.
I get directxdevice removed error device hung errors.
Looked it up online - tried every solution. I can't solve it.

I'm running windows 8 not 8.1

Could it be possible that I got shipped a bad GPU?

Anything will help, I'm so desperate at this point.

Pjay12
12-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Hey

Im not very experienced but I have a solid system running so Ill try to help you out.
Before I recommend anything. what is the Nvidia driver you installed?

reka121402
12-07-2013, 01:45 PM
For Battlefield 4, does it actually launch into a multiplayer game and you can play for those few seconds and then you get kicked? Or does it happen in single player as well?

I upgraded to 8.1 and BF4 gave me fits because Punkbuster (built in anti hacking service) was kicking me due to conflicts. You may be experiencing the same problem.

brswattt
12-07-2013, 09:03 PM
I have installed the 331.93 but I have tried to 331.82. I also use driver sweeper to make sure I do a clean install.

Update: I have been able to play for a solid while when I DOWNCLOCK my gpu -50mhz. I don't want to do this :(
and for the bf4, It's not the multiplayer. It's singleplayer.
Every game I play it plays for 1 min or so, then It gets a rainbow pixelated screen and crashes and says the driver has stopped responding.

Rawand
12-07-2013, 09:58 PM
i thing you need install some software like OPEN AL and DirectX ...

brswattt
12-07-2013, 10:15 PM
i thing you need install some software like OPEN AL and DirectX ...

Do you really think I haven't tried the obvious here? I have directx installed obviously if I can play the game when I downclock my gpu lol

Rawand
12-07-2013, 10:43 PM
what about open al ?

DeltaActual
12-07-2013, 11:02 PM
hmmm... have you overclocked your card in the first place???

brswattt
12-07-2013, 11:17 PM
hmmm... have you overclocked your card in the first place???

Nope, factory settings. out of the box.

brswattt
12-07-2013, 11:18 PM
what about open al ?

No, not open al....didn't think that was needed really..?

brswattt
12-07-2013, 11:20 PM
what about open al ?

No, not open al....didn't think that was needed really..?

DeltaActual
12-07-2013, 11:46 PM
Must be your GPU then. Contact service center, or exchange, if possible.

brswattt
12-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Must be your GPU then. Contact service center, or exchange, if possible.

The thing is, I looked up the problem and people with other graphics cards had to do the same stuff, underclock their cpu. why...?

DeltaActual
12-08-2013, 10:34 AM
The thing is, I looked up the problem and people with other graphics cards had to do the same stuff, underclock their cpu. why...? what people? where? i didn't had to do a thing.

reka121402
12-08-2013, 03:22 PM
It sounds like a faulty gpu, just contact where you bought it and swap it for another unit. These things happen sometimes, and they are always such a headache, but it is a pretty obvious flaw and shouldn't be too hard to swap.

brswattt
12-09-2013, 04:14 AM
It sounds like a faulty gpu, just contact where you bought it and swap it for another unit. These things happen sometimes, and they are always such a headache, but it is a pretty obvious flaw and shouldn't be too hard to swap.

exchanged it, and all is good now. thanks!

hmscott
12-09-2013, 04:46 AM
I have installed the 331.93 but I have tried to 331.82. I also use driver sweeper to make sure I do a clean install.

Update: I have been able to play for a solid while when I DOWNCLOCK my gpu -50mhz. I don't want to do this :(
and for the bf4, It's not the multiplayer. It's singleplayer.
Every game I play it plays for 1 min or so, then It gets a rainbow pixelated screen and crashes and says the driver has stopped responding.

brswatt, sorry, but I think you have done exactly what it takes to resolve this to the GPU being under spec. If it won't run at stock speeds - and does work fine when you down clock 50mhz (GPU clock or Mem clock?) then it is a marginal GPU / paste job.

You should contact Asus with your debugging results, and they can arrange an RMA for your laptop.

I wouldn't accept it under spec, since a normal GPU OC's to +135 on all G750's. Memory clock varies from 5500-6500mhz depending on the model.

It's better to get it fixed now, as you don't know if it will get worse over time. A loose heatsink could pull away further over time.

Let us know how it works out for you. Good luck.

brswattt
12-09-2013, 07:06 AM
brswatt, sorry, but I think you have done exactly what it takes to resolve this to the GPU being under spec. If it won't run at stock speeds - and does work fine when you down clock 50mhz (GPU clock or Mem clock?) then it is a marginal GPU / paste job.

You should contact Asus with your debugging results, and they can arrange an RMA for your laptop.

I wouldn't accept it under spec, since a normal GPU OC's to +135 on all G750's. Memory clock varies from 5500-6500mhz depending on the model.

It's better to get it fixed now, as you don't know if it will get worse over time. A loose heatsink could pull away further over time.

Let us know how it works out for you. Good luck.

yeah man thanks, but I exchanged it at my vendor and it's awesome now :) thanks dude!

hmscott
12-09-2013, 07:27 AM
yeah man thanks, but I exchanged it at my vendor and it's awesome now :) thanks dude!

Awesome!, that's the best news!, you were able to swap it with the seller instead of waiting for Asus RMA turn-around :)