PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8.1 Issues

CurrySonic
12-08-2013, 03:39 AM
I updated to 8.1 a week or two ago.

There are obvious issues right after. Most notably the subtle black and grey lines which I haven't has since I updated Nvidia back in windows 8.0.

Some of my Start(Apps) Shortcuts pathways are no longer valid. The icons, for example, Battlefield 3 will be a general exe icon and will not initiate anything as the pathways is no longer valid. I can open it through its file in programs/BF3.

Wifi randomly goes to limited after the update. I have reinstalled the Wifi adapter driver, but still acts up time to time.

Also, Asus Install is no longer on the computer after install. I have no idea why. And eSupport file is gone.

What I might do when I have some time and when more drivers are out for 8.1; is to do a fresh install (asus backtracker) and update to 8.1.

Anyone care to share their windows 8.1 experience with the 750 or in general?

kingfish
12-08-2013, 04:57 AM
mine was working well. upgraded from 8 to 8.1. but i dont update my GC driver.
everything works fine now but before, i upgraded to 8.1 i also problems like the "change setting.." is not working. and yes some of the app was gone. 3ds max stopped working.etc...

what i did was reinstall 8 then after few days upgrade to 8.1.
all apps working.

:)

CurrySonic
12-08-2013, 05:38 AM
what i did was reinstall 8 then after few days upgrade to 8.1.
all apps working.

:)

That is what I am planning to do! Good to know it worked out for you. Thanks!!!! ;):o:D