PDA

View Full Version : Panels (aluminum palm) of my g750jx has a electricity when its plugged into charger

blackbomb
12-10-2013, 03:06 PM
I noticed it today when my laptop was plugged in into a charger , I could feel something around the panel .

It was kindda a vibration ... I was feeling electricity ... it wasn't much and that bad but still I was wondering why it's happening ??

When I unplugged it ,that was gone !!

Does anyone have any idea what's going on with my Laptop ?? Is it a charger problem or motherboard ?

Sorry for asking stupid questions ... I just am worried a bit .

villiansv
12-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Unless it's a static electricity jolt (and the way you're describing it, it doesn't sound like it), you should RMA or exchange from your vendor if possible (it's usually faster). This shouldn't happen, and while it's very unlikely that you would ever get shocked with anything strong enough to cause damage to you, the potential for damage to the sensitive electronics is very high.

pscza
12-10-2013, 05:19 PM
Not sure on your A/C feed for your Power Brick (PB) is it two pin or three pin ? I am also not sure whether the Asus PB bridges the ground through to the negative pole on the D/C feed (for static dissipation). If your power socket is three pin - A/C plus earth (pin or side connector) you could have a floating earth on your A/C socket.

If it is an A/C socket with earth try the notebook+PB at a different power socket preferably at another location and check if the sensation is still present.

If you have a two pin feed, definitely RMA at least the PB.

wrangler
12-10-2013, 06:49 PM
My AC power supply with 3-prong U.S. cord shows about 965 ohms between its ground prong and the negative side of its DC output, for what it's worth.

Prostar Computer
12-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Not sure on your A/C feed for your Power Brick (PB) is it two pin or three pin ? I am also not sure whether the Asus PB bridges the ground through to the negative pole on the D/C feed (for static dissipation). If your power socket is three pin - A/C plus earth (pin or side connector) you could have a floating earth on your A/C socket.

If it is an A/C socket with earth try the notebook+PB at a different power socket preferably at another location and check if the sensation is still present.

If you have a two pin feed, definitely RMA at least the PB.

This. First resort is to try another socket, and preferably somewhere else. If you experience it then as well, you'll need to contact Asus support, as you may need a new AC adapter.