PDA

View Full Version : G75VW - Windows 8.1 Driver Issues

duffany
12-12-2013, 05:23 AM
I have an ASUS G75VW, and I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1.
I allowed the Windows 8.1 install to do its thing...

But as a result, my G75VW is no longer a pleasure to use.

GRAPHICS: After installing 8.1, I allowed Windows update to install the latest NVidia drivers, version 331.82. (I've got an NVidia GTX 670M). Ever since then, my computer's graphics have just been really shoddy. Games like Crysis, Portal 2, and even MINECRAFT aren't nearly as smooth as they used to be (I will get a bunch of random jumps every few frames, and some lag), and even simple things like resizing Windows just don't look smooth at all.

I've tried installing other (older) drivers, but every time I do, I get a message from the installer saying that the installer cannot find compatible hardware, or something like that.

AUDIO: When running FL Studio, projects that I used to be able to open and edit with no problem now result in 100% CPU usage, and I can't even edit some of my projects anymore because the audio keeps cutting out / skipping as a result of the CPU usage. And if I have a song playing and try to open a new project, then the audio driver sort of spazzes out and repeats the last few bits of audio over and over and over again, several times per second. (It's MASSIVELY annoying.) Driver version is VIA HD Audio 6.0.10.1400.

Has anyone run into either of these issues with their G75VW, or does anyone know how to solve either of these issues? My computer used to be an absolute beast, and it's gone to complete sh*t after the Windows 8.1 upgrade. I've really just been depressed lately as a result.

At any rate, if ASUS would release updated drivers for Windows 8.1, that would be absolutely fantastic. And in fact, I'm extremely disappointed that they haven't at this stage. I've been having problems for nearly 2 months.

lazzy
12-12-2013, 11:15 PM
I have a lots of problem after upgranded windows 8.1 on my G75vw 3D, i changed mode sleep after 10m but it is always on.
It's freze (in 1m) sometime after 1h turn on, there is notification on bottom "the driver NVDIA Windows Mode Kernel verson 327.02 stopped responding ". I don't know how to rollback windows 8
I think ASUS must be release new version for widnows 8.1

duffany
12-17-2013, 06:07 AM
Bump?

aarruda
05-18-2014, 02:25 PM
I have the same problem. I never can update my vídeo drivers or i will have vídeo problems. The maximum is the version 314.22.

I hate this problem!

Wickman
05-19-2014, 08:57 AM
Have you guys tried to download the latest Nvida drivers with the GeForce tool?
http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience'