PDA

View Full Version : [Help] G750JW_Stranger sound with Battery Charger

NayruLove
12-14-2013, 02:51 AM
Hello everyone,
I just bought a g750jw-db71 few day ago (fullbox, sealed), and I have a problem with the Battery Charger (Powerbrick?).
When it's plugged in, it makes a stranger sound like a kettle when water are going to be boiled.
Sometimes this sound is low, and sometimes it's noticeable from 2 metres.
So someone could please tell me if I should go to warranty center and tell them to change my Battery Charger? I don't want a day when I play a game and it suddenly explose :(
Thanks very much, and sorry about my bad English :d

hmscott
12-14-2013, 06:15 AM
Hello everyone,
I just bought a g750jw-db71 few day ago (fullbox, sealed), and I have a problem with the Battery Charger (Powerbrick?).
When it's plugged in, it makes a stranger sound like a kettle when water are going to be boiled.
Sometimes this sound is low, and sometimes it's noticeable from 2 metres.
So someone could please tell me if I should go to warranty center and tell them to change my Battery Charger? I don't want a day when I play a game and it suddenly explose :(
Thanks very much, and sorry about my bad English :d

#1 ==> Stop plugging it in the wall socket - it could cause a fire or worse.

#2 ==> Call, Email, etc Asus to Fedex/Quickship you a replacement - or if you have a local dealer get them to swap a good one from another new unit.

#3 ==> Go to the Asus eStore and buy a backup AC Adapter, for the piece of mind. The one I order just arrived today :)

NayruLove
01-03-2014, 05:57 AM
#1 ==> Stop plugging it in the wall socket - it could cause a fire or worse.

#2 ==> Call, Email, etc Asus to Fedex/Quickship you a replacement - or if you have a local dealer get them to swap a good one from another new unit.

#3 ==> Go to the Asus eStore and buy a backup AC Adapter, for the piece of mind. The one I order just arrived today :)

Thanks hmscott, I went to warranty center last week and they got the adapter for replacement. And now they send me new one :d. A bit slow due to geography but is acceptable :d

hmscott
01-03-2014, 06:07 AM
Thanks hmscott, I went to warranty center last week and they got the adapter for replacement. And now they send me new one :d. A bit slow due to geography but is acceptable :d

NayruLove, glad you got it all fixed and safe :)

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how it worked out. Asus can be slow, but they do come through eventually. :)