PDA

View Full Version : Event Viewer Error Message

JackNaylorPE
12-15-2013, 09:15 PM
Keep getting the following error

"The BCM42RLY service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified."

Have uninstalled and reinstalled all networking drivers twice....no change

Intel LAN Driver V18.5.54.0 for Windows 7/8/8.1 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)
Wi-Fi Driver V6.32.223.1 for Windows 7 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)

Any suggestions ?

billyray520
12-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Just a shot in the dark: do you use Avast free antivirus?

JackNaylorPE
12-16-2013, 07:26 PM
Nope.... Use Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite

In fact, now windows taking long time to boot, In order of appearance....
======================================

Warning: WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped.
Module Path: C:\Windows\System32\bcmihvsrv64.dll

Warning: WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped

Warning: The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2.

Warning: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V
Network link is disconnected.

Critical: A problem has occurred with one or more user-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated. This may temporarily interrupt your ability to access the devices.

Critical: The device AMDA00 Interface (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

Error: The BCM42RLY service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

chrisnyc75
12-16-2013, 08:22 PM
Are you using Windows 8.1? There's an issue with "user mode drivers" in 8.1, sounds like it could underly what you're seeing

JackNaylorPE
12-17-2013, 06:47 AM
No Windows 8.1 ... see siggie for hardware / OS

Moved on a bit .... made some progress .... well one step forward., two steps back

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?41399-Lost-Wireless-on-M6F

HiVizMan
12-17-2013, 12:24 PM
You hvae AIsuite or some other ASUS software installed could you list which please.

billyray520
12-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Can you go back in the event viewer to a time when you were NOT getting those errors?

JackNaylorPE
12-18-2013, 02:44 AM
You hvae AIsuite or some other ASUS software installed could you list which please.

Asus Boot Setting
Asus Gaming Mouse
Asus MemTweakIt
Asus PC Diagnostics
ROG RAM Disk
Sonic Radar
RoG Bench

Had AiSuite installed bur removed it as saw repeated posts on the subject and yes, used removal tool in admin mode. Was doing a damn fine job controlling my pumps and fans too....finally got it set up the way I wanted.....and figured .... and was working fine w/ wireless there..... and then I said .... "lemme try and get rid of those event viewer messages."

And now I am in worse shape :) Moved on a bit .... made some progress on the emssages .... well one step forward., two steps back .... no wireless anymore.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?41399-Lost-Wireless-on-M6F

Can you go back in the event viewer to a time when you were NOT getting those errors?

Not any more .... But the WUDFr and BCM errors have been there since day 1

billyray520
12-18-2013, 03:38 AM
I know you have re-installed the drivers over and over but here's what I'd do:

* Uninstall drivers (wireless BCM ones) from Device Manager (delete software as well.) Uninstall them from Programs too, if they are there.
* Reboot. Make sure you have nothing for wireless.
* Reinstall Asus Broadcom wireless drivers
* Reboot.

I just went through this with my Bluetooth drivers. I got all kinds of insane messages and errors which just didn't make sense. Somehow the drivers got corrupted. Once that happens Windows is completely useless in tracking down the problem.