PDA

View Full Version : G74SX-BBK11 stuck on system restore?

Magicbucks56
12-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Its been about a couple amonths that my asus keeps freezing on start up nd the only way i could fix it is by doing a system restore. Ive done a system restore about 6 times now and recently i dont know what happened but when i go to system restore nothing comes up except a command prompt that i cant type anything in. I burned a windows repair tools and tried to launch it, would freeze as well. Doing a normal boot takes me to the system restore but nothing happens. Is there any way to fix this?

Pitcher@asus
12-16-2013, 01:58 AM
you mean you press F9, it can not restore now after you do system restore? do you have make any resoter image in USB? it is strange, i never hear about this problem, you can send to service center to check it or buy recover CD from asus e-store to try again.

Magicbucks56
12-17-2013, 12:38 AM
I have a windows 7 recovery disc but it doesnt work. I had to go into F2 change it so the disc is launched first then when it was launched i chose the language then it did an infinite load. I had it loading for a whole day and nothing.

indianacarnie
12-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Have you tried running a sfc/scannow to find and possibly repair any corrupted system files? Here's a link to a tutorial on how to do that if you haven't before :http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

cl-Albert
12-18-2013, 08:19 PM
I have a windows 7 recovery disc but it doesnt work. I had to go into F2 change it so the disc is launched first then when it was launched i chose the language then it did an infinite load. I had it loading for a whole day and nothing.

Not sure if I understand everything correctly, but sounds like you are having trouble booting to a Win7 recovery disk as well as a repair disk which makes me think you may really be having hardware problems rather than software if you want to start checking into this.

If you are able to safely replace or swap the hard drive (you might even try to boot to a disk without a hard drive installed, but some may not work this way) or memory (try removing extra memory and running 1 module at a time in different slots in case of a bad memory slot), consider giving these things a try.

If you happen to have a spare USB DVD drive or a bootable USB drive, you may want to compare with them to see if there could be any problems related to your DVD drive (although this probably doesn't explain why you were seeing freezes originally and could be caused by something else).

Anyway, just wanted to run this by you to see if it makes any sense and you can always send it back to ASUS for out-of-warranty service if you didn't already know.

Magicbucks56
12-21-2013, 12:09 AM
Unable to access command prompt.

Magicbucks56
12-21-2013, 12:10 AM
I purchased a recovery disk from the Asus E-store and purchased a new HDD. Thanks for the help