PDA

View Full Version : Power adapter Issue Icon going crazy

ags79
12-16-2013, 03:44 AM
I noticed today that my computer was saying no power adapter was plugged in even though it was. When checking the adapter that came with this gaming laptop, I heard it was beeping, and it shocked me a little. The guy at best buy where I bought this from said that since I didn't get the bes tbuy warranty that I have to contact Asus. So I have submitted a ticket. This laptop is only 4 months old. The only solution from Bestbuy was to purchase a $70 rocketfish power adapter that doesnt even meet the power requirements. Now when I start up a game or any processor heavy program the battery icon starts going crazy where is flickers on and off saying its plugged in , its not plugged it, on and off. Does anyone know what the heck is going on with this thing? lol

Pitcher@asus
12-16-2013, 03:59 AM
please move mouse to icon on the right corner, click mouse right key, turn on/off the icon.

ags79
12-16-2013, 04:10 AM
That stopped the screen brightness flashing, is there another way to find out my battery life? Because with a game up thats when it was really flashing and even though it was plugged in the battery was going down...

hmscott
12-16-2013, 06:36 AM
That stopped the screen brightness flashing, is there another way to find out my battery life? Because with a game up thats when it was really flashing and even though it was plugged in the battery was going down...

With the way the G750 relies on the Power Supply to run the GTX at full speed - on Battery it is throttled - I wouldn't Game until you get a replacement AC adapter that can deliver the required juice.

I had this issue when a client assigned me a Macbook with a low wattage charger. I put the laptop under heavy use so it quickly was apparent that it couldn't charge and run the computer load I was giving it - the power / charge icon kept going on / off in MacOSX.

You might want to order a 2nd adapter from the Asus eStore so you are never left high and dry again - you can get Fedex next day delivery as well :)

http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=6517

ags79
12-16-2013, 07:04 AM
yea I getcha makes sense. Thanks for the heads up I was totally confused =)