PDA

View Full Version : Question on general durability of G750JX

D_MaULeR
12-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Hey guys, I recently purchased the G750JX and I'm loving it as much as you guys do. The keyboard is absolutely splendid to play/type on with it's mechanical feel (almost like a Razer Blackwidow) and the GTX770M has great OC potential (not to mention the chassis's heat management and ventilation design). The price is pretty much comparable to that of a Nissan R35 vs. a Porsche 911 Turbo/Ferrari (cheapest supercar on the market), but if it's one thing that still bugs me in my mind is the durability of this thing.

Now don't get me wrong, I really really do love this monstrosity, but the bulk of the chassis does concern me, especially when I'm lugging it around in my G73 backpack. I want to ask the people who were unfortunate enough to encounter a few accidents with the laptop: How well does it fare against accidental hard knocks against the table/other object and small minor drops like letting it down a little too high on the table(both in a backpack and normal use)? Does it damage the components really easily? Obviously I'm not going to toss it around like a macbook but I'm just concerned of my baby. XD

Shawnnepc
12-17-2013, 03:04 AM
Hey guys, I recently purchased the G750JX and I'm loving it as much as you guys do. The keyboard is absolutely splendid to play/type on with it's mechanical feel (almost like a Razer Blackwidow) and the GTX770M has great OC potential (not to mention the chassis's heat management and ventilation design). The price is pretty much comparable to that of a Nissan R35 vs. a Porsche 911 Turbo/Ferrari (cheapest supercar on the market), but if it's one thing that still bugs me in my mind is the durability of this thing.

Now don't get me wrong, I really really do love this monstrosity, but the bulk of the chassis does concern me, especially when I'm lugging it around in my G73 backpack. I want to ask the people who were unfortunate enough to encounter a few accidents with the laptop: How well does it fare against accidental hard knocks against the table/other object and small minor drops like letting it down a little too high on the table(both in a backpack and normal use)? Does it damage the components really easily? Obviously I'm not going to toss it around like a macbook but I'm just concerned of my baby. XD

It does fairly well.

Obviously if you drop it at the wrong angle it can crack or worse.

Prostar Computer
12-17-2013, 05:06 PM
It's robust and will hold up better than a garden variety, $300 system for sure. Any laptop is susceptible to severe damage when it's dropped though.

It can take dings and smacks and hold up, but you should still treat it like an egg if you want it to last you. :)