PDA

View Full Version : G46vw keyboard issues

hewhosnipes
12-17-2013, 04:41 PM
Well first off this laptop worked flawlessly for a couple months, until the last month or so certain keys stopped responding, restarting doesn't fix the issue and its the same keys every time. I can't figure out what is causing it as its never been dropped or anything else noticeable. Anyone else care to shed some light on this? I can nearly use it, even had to post this using my phone.

Clintlgm
12-17-2013, 09:48 PM
Well you can RMA it for repair if your under warranty? otherwise there is a company that sells replacement key (http://www.replacementlaptopkeys.com/asus_g_laptop_key.html), I have replace my "J" key and no longer have issues with it. unfortunately they do not list the G46 it might be worth contacting them as they may have them just not listed yet?

cl-Albert
12-17-2013, 10:43 PM
If you have a USB keyboard around to try, you may want to make sure that works at least and there isn't anything in the software causing problems (not likely, but it's possible?).

Otherwise, if more than 1 key is not working, don't expect replacing the key caps/assemblies will help, so if you are under warranty, it may just be a better idea to go the RMA route if possible.

Although I haven't been involved in any G46VW keyboard repairs and am not sure what is causing the problems this time, possibilities may include a loose cable, defective keyboard that needs to be replaced (sometimes caused by liquid damage although hopefully not the issue this time if everything else appears ok), and even a motherboard problem.

hewhosnipes
12-18-2013, 06:38 AM
Thats the route I was about to go, figured it wouldn't hurt to check to make sure I didn't miss something stupid. Thanks for the help guys.