PDA

View Full Version : Power brick issues

jamesgillre
12-17-2013, 10:58 PM
Having just resolved my power jack connector (replaced) last month, I plugged my laptop in today to find it wasn't charging. My power supply brick has no green power LED on either. I guess it means time to replace the brick also? I checked nothing was loose and also tried a different wall socket.

Also where is a good place to buy a replacement? Are there any aftermarket ones that are respectable/safe?

Pitcher@asus
12-18-2013, 03:05 AM
when you plug adapter only, whether can be charger and power on? can you try same power adapter to plug to other laptop? if ok, i think your laptop power jack, need to replace, if not ok, borrow friend poewer adapter to plug, if ok, you just buy new power adapter.

cl-Albert
12-18-2013, 08:33 PM
If your AC adapter has a power LED, make sure you check it again after you unplug it from the notebook and after it has been unplugged from the power outlet as well for a minute or two.
It's possible your AC adapter light will only go out when you plug the AC adapter into the notebook which could indicate the problem is really from the notebook side (try removing the battery to test it again if this is the case).

If you would still like to purchase another AC adapter (and are out-of-warranty which you may want to double-check if necessary), consider checking with your local ASUS support for more information at this page http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# .

Hopefully they can help you confirm the warranty status and sell you another adapter if necessary or provide more assistance with this.

jamesgillre
12-18-2013, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Firstly my warranty expired 15days ago. Unfortunate.

Secondly, my power adaptor has a green LED but does not light up at all at any point whether plugged into the laptop or not. I am pretty confident this means that it needs replaced. It did tend to heat up alot and it was the original supply that came with my g53sw incase anyone is wondering if it was aftermarket product.