PDA

View Full Version : G73SW issue.

Pete88
12-21-2013, 05:06 AM
Hello everyone.

I'm here to sadly announce that my beloved out of warranty G73 was dropped on the ground by mistake. (Not my mistake thought)

Now I am experiencing a bad issue.

The laptop will actually start but no POST at all.

Hard drive led flickers at the beginning but then it stops, the screen doesn't even light up.

I tried to switch hard drives, remove ram, and any other possible thing but the outcome is still the same..

What do you think the damage is actually affecting? Could it be the mobo or the monitor itself?

Now that I'm out of warranty what do you suggest me to do?
I've seen many bad reviews about Asus support when you send your laptop in.

Should I send it there or should I use a third party repairing company?

Thanks for your attention!

Zygomorphic
12-21-2013, 12:52 PM
If you don't see anything, it sounds like the display has issues. The motherboard may also be damaged, since it isn't continuing to access the HDD. I would recommend contacting the ASUS support in your region to determine the cost of repair. I'd recommend against 3rd-party repairers.

Pete88
12-23-2013, 09:56 PM
If you don't see anything, it sounds like the display has issues. The motherboard may also be damaged, since it isn't continuing to access the HDD. I would recommend contacting the ASUS support in your region to determine the cost of repair. I'd recommend against 3rd-party repairers.

So after a few days I left my computer sitting there, today I was about to ship it to Asus.

My cousin came by and just right before going to UPS, he wanted to turn it on to see the actual issue.

And....TA-DA! It just started working back again.

Weird but, so far so good.

If it will stop working or start doing some weird stuff I will post it thought!

Zygomorphic
12-23-2013, 11:51 PM
So after a few days I left my computer sitting there, today I was about to ship it to Asus.

My cousin came by and just right before going to UPS, he wanted to turn it on to see the actual issue.

And....TA-DA! It just started working back again.

Weird but, so far so good.

If it will stop working or start doing some weird stuff I will post it thought!
I am not going to even pretend to know what just happened there...Congratulations to your cousin for the magic touch! :) Let us know if anything happens, and I'm hoping it's all good from now on! :)

Pete88
12-24-2013, 05:09 PM
Nvm today didn't turn on again. Guess I'll have to send it to Asus. I will make a little prayer to have a decent support on this one!

Pete88
12-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Update.

Looks like removing the battery did the job again. But then it stopped working AGAIN. So I removed the battery AGAIN but it didnt work...so what I did was just restart my laptop, tap the screen and it worked back again. Wtf I am so confused right now.

Should I open it and check connectors and stuff inside? I've already done it on other computers, maybe I should try with this one too...

Pete88
12-24-2013, 06:32 PM
31539 I have also noticed this "bug".

Nvidia control panel is displaying a different Screen Resolution than the one that is actual set. Could it be a bug or dunno? :\