PDA

View Full Version : No 3D Support on G750JH...???

Swampthing
12-22-2013, 03:12 AM
So I purchased the G750JH laptop this weekend off Amazon, and was eager to replace my "aging" G74SX with 3D.

Although I think this is quite an excellent laptop, I am a bit upset over the lack of 3D. I can't seem to find anywhere to enable it, and it almost appears that 3D is not supported.

This is what I assumed was true. It's on their website: New NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX discrete graphics have the muscle to pump out amazing visuals in even the most demanding games, put up on a full HD 1080p screen. Beyond ultra-detail and effects, you also enter a world of 3D with G750. Its screen is NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ compatible and supports active shutter and NVIDIA® 3D LightBoost™ technologies, so games in 3D look awesome with fast refresh and smooth performance. There are already hundreds of titles that support 3D, and more are being added all the time. If you like your games with literally more depth, take a look at this.

Thus far I have not found an option to set up stereoscopic viewing. I have tried to 3D nVidia Vision glasses alone, and with the USB sensor. The sensor lights up and was recognized by the laptop, but that didn't change anything... :(

wrangler
12-22-2013, 04:57 PM
Did you buy the 3D model, or are you using an outboard 3D monitor?

Swampthing
12-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Everywhere I look there is only one model for sale. Even the ASUS website for the product does not differentiate between a "3D model" and a normal one. See http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/ASUS_ROG_G750JH/

Do you have a reference link from ASUS showing there are two distinct models of G750JH? I've seen other people mention this but it appears to be based more upon rumor than anything else. The current website for the G750JH states that it is compatible (not certain models) with 3D nVidia Vision technology...

villiansv
12-22-2013, 06:55 PM
There are 3D and non-3D models of the JH and JX (not sure about JW). If your laptop came with the nvidia glasses, it should be a 3D model from what I've heard.

Swampthing
12-22-2013, 09:19 PM
Can you point to a source link for that? I called ASUS on their Customer Service line and they also confirmed there is only ONE model and they say it does support 3D. What that truly means is anyone's guess.

This laptop DOES support 120MHz. If you go into custom resolutions, you can choose to go that high. I tried it and it does still look fine... but no one seems to know how to enable the 3D viewing.

Shawnnepc
12-22-2013, 10:11 PM
So I purchased the G750JH laptop this weekend off Amazon, and was eager to replace my "aging" G74SX with 3D.

Although I think this is quite an excellent laptop, I am a bit upset over the lack of 3D. I can't seem to find anywhere to enable it, and it almost appears that 3D is not supported.

This is what I assumed was true. It's on their website: New NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX discrete graphics have the muscle to pump out amazing visuals in even the most demanding games, put up on a full HD 1080p screen. Beyond ultra-detail and effects, you also enter a world of 3D with G750. Its screen is NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ compatible and supports active shutter and NVIDIA® 3D LightBoost™ technologies, so games in 3D look awesome with fast refresh and smooth performance. There are already hundreds of titles that support 3D, and more are being added all the time. If you like your games with literally more depth, take a look at this.

Thus far I have not found an option to set up stereoscopic viewing. I have tried to 3D nVidia Vision glasses alone, and with the USB sensor. The sensor lights up and was recognized by the laptop, but that didn't change anything... :(

The 3D G750 was never released in North America.

The only way to get 3D is by connecting the laptop to a supported 3D display.

General rules of ASUS 3D: It will have 3D glasses bundled with it and will have -3D in it's model.

villiansv
12-22-2013, 10:15 PM
All G750s support 3D via HMDI, if you connect them to a 3D-capable monitor/TV (though I admit I'm not sure if there are any compatibility requirements). That's not the same as saying that the JH itself is able to display 3D on its screen. I don't have an official link, but based on people posting on forums here I am 100% sure that not all JH models have a 3D screen (and come with the nvidia glasses etc). Same for JX.

Swampthing
12-23-2013, 01:22 AM
Probably misunderstandings about what people are actually receiving... Just got mine yesterday, they don't come with 3D glasses.

I do have a 3D Vizio television and tried hooking up the HDMI output for 3D, but it didn't work. The Vizio uses standard polarized lenses for the 3D effects and the nVidia uses shutter glasses. Probably because these two systems are not the same... :(

Shawnnepc
12-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Probably misunderstandings about what people are actually receiving... Just got mine yesterday, they don't come with 3D glasses.

I do have a 3D Vizio television and tried hooking up the HDMI output for 3D, but it didn't work. The Vizio uses standard polarized lenses for the 3D effects and the nVidia uses shutter glasses. Probably because these two systems are not the same... :(

You'll need to use 3rd party software to render passive 3D

http://www.tridef.com/