PDA

View Full Version : G73sw screen won't turn on

tayhan91@gmail.com
12-22-2013, 06:35 PM
I recently let my laptop slip off the couch (while it was closed) and fall to the floor. I wasn't too worried since it was only a few inches of a fall so I picked the computer up and continued whatever it was I was doing. A few hours later I attempted to turn it on but nothing powered up except the fans. The hard drive light on the front would blink but never stay on. I removed the hard drive, replaced it and powered up again but still nothing. After a few attempts I just left it on for a few minutes and the hard drive finally kicked in and stayed on. I can hear the Windows startup noises but I have no image on screen.

I have tried restarting, removing the battery holding the power button for thirty seconds, replacing the battery, but still nothing. Plugging in an hdmi cable has no image on my external monitor and neither did vga.

The laptop is about two years old so warranty is out of the question. I have seen methods for the g74 but I'm not sure if they'll work for the g73, any thoughts?

Please help!! Thanks

Pete88
12-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Hey! I had the same problem lately.

The laptop fell off a chair and it didnt turn on...I was about to send it to Asus to see if they could get it fixed, actually I was gonna try today...

After 4-5 days that I left my laptop there sitting without trying anything again cause I already thought everything was lost,
my cousin turned it on just to see what was going on...and it turned back on!!! MIRACLE!!!

So yea, I don't know what kind of advice to give you, maybe you should try the same, let it sit there for some days and see if it works back again...

If not, then send it to Asus!

Pitcher@asus
12-24-2013, 02:12 AM
can you dismantle laptop? if your under warranty, you should send to service center, but over warranty, you can open laptop to check , all cable or MB or device whether are damage? if you are lucky, maybe jsut shock to drop out.