PDA

View Full Version : New G5 Notebooks

were3
12-23-2013, 10:02 AM
Hi! Does anybody know whether ASUS will release new 15" ROG Notebooks on Haswell processors and new Geforce generation video cards? ASUS has already released 17" G750 Notebooks, but what about 15"?

chrsplmr
12-23-2013, 04:24 PM
Well that's the 64thousand dollar question, isn't it ?? Welcome to ROG. .c.

were3
12-23-2013, 04:31 PM
I don't know, that's the reason for my question. One more thing to add, I've been thinking that Asus will release new 15" on Geforce GTX 760M, but company's managed to start N56JR 760M based. That laptop is not a gaming one due to its ineffective cooling system and throttling. Moreover there's no information on the internet about 15" new gaming laptops. That's why I'm asking

Nehmia
12-23-2013, 04:50 PM
no there won't be, end of story

JMourao
12-23-2013, 05:31 PM
believe in one thing, after getting this rog you will get used to it and you will not want to go back to a 15 inches pc.

I was concerned about that problem, but since i have a nexus 7 i could complement with that, but after the initial shock now i carry my rog all around with the backpack.

i think it can make some problems if you dont have some "strength"...but for me since iam 5 years old iam used to carry backpacks with at least 5 kg of books. So this rog is no problem for me. and you will have a quite decent machine :P

were3
12-23-2013, 07:29 PM
Weight doesn't matter to me. I don't like Full HD on 17", fonts, web-sites are very small on that screen, while G5 of the previous generation had suitable for 15" just HD resolution. Look, g5 had reasonable options: HD (instead Full HD), normal cooling system (as laptop would not get very hot at HD gaming) and low noise level

hmscott
12-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Weight doesn't matter to me. I don't like Full HD on 17", fonts, web-sites are very small on that screen, while G5 of the previous generation had suitable for 15" just HD resolution. Look, g5 had reasonable options: HD (instead Full HD), normal cooling system (as laptop would not get very hot at HD gaming) and low noise level

Native 1920x1080 on a 17" laptop is gonna be about the same as 720p on a 15" laptop. Plus, you can magnify the screen keeping the same resolution, or run a non-native resolution - I just tried it and it isn't bad.

were3
12-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Oh, I've seen how Full HD is on 17" and 15", and how HD is on 15". The difference is not much significant, but it's more comfortable to look at HD resolution on 15". Have you got used to small web-sites in your browsers, do you like low quality of images and graphic system elements while changing resolutions to non-native?

hmscott
12-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Oh, I've seen how Full HD is on 17" and 15", and how HD is on 15". The difference is not much significant, but it's more comfortable to look at HD resolution on 15". Have you got used to small web-sites in your browsers, do you like low quality of images and graphic system elements while changing resolutions to non-native?

It doesn't look bad, but I don't live under it, I keep the resolution at 1920x1080 and the desktop unmagnified at 100%. It is easy for me to read at a distance, and up close.

With the 17" screen I don't need my reading glasses to read it like I did my old iPhone.

Now I have a Sony Xperia Z Ultra LTE with a 1920x1080 6.4" screen and I have no problem reading text on it :)
http://www.sonymobile.com/us/products/phones/xperia-z-ultra/

That is why I go with the 17", so I can keep Full HD. I have enough room for plenty of windows including side by side work without needing an external monitor.

The 15" is ok too, I can't fault it for Full HD either, but the size of the case is too small to fit enough cooling in it to do justice to the CPU/GPU class I want for performance. The 17" chassis is what is needed - that is why I doubt anyone will be able to fit the same performance as the G750 17" into a 15" box.