PDA

View Full Version : G750 battery life question

olvrick
12-23-2013, 05:01 PM
I was wondering, is it possible to "freeze" battery charging, when im on power adapter?

This feature was implemented in Lenovo, you are able to set a parameter like "battery care" and it will say 99% Not charging or smth like that.

Im using laptop almost all time with power adapter and dont want it to kill battery like it happens on my previous G53SW.

Thanks for help

Pitcher@asus
12-24-2013, 05:25 AM
i think asus have like in laptop, charger to 95% will not charger.

olvrick
12-24-2013, 05:28 PM
i think asus have like in laptop, charger to 95% will not charger.

And how to enable this function?

Darnassus
01-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Would be automatic. Pretty much all laptops stop charging at 99% and start to use a 'trickle charge' is what it's called. Keeps the battery topped, doesn't over-charge it, and lets it slightly deplete, only to be charged back up to the top again.

I recommend each month or two weeks that you go off of charge and let the battery fall to 25%. (20% max, or it will stress the electrons in the acid if you go lower).

P.S. I'm not sure, haven't tried to test it yet, but I have a feeling you could take the battery out, but I recommend against this, even though your battery is still in use, it also takes the load off of the charger too.. which is a good thing. Because which would you rather have, dead battery, or a dead charger?

hmscott
01-05-2014, 03:58 AM
I was wondering, is it possible to "freeze" battery charging, when im on power adapter?

This feature was implemented in Lenovo, you are able to set a parameter like "battery care" and it will say 99% Not charging or smth like that.

Im using laptop almost all time with power adapter and dont want it to kill battery like it happens on my previous G53SW.

Thanks for help

Asus had a similar program for some laptops, then they took those options into the automatic charging cycle, so they aren't open to us to fiddle with.

Some run the battery out of the laptop to avoid battery stress, but I think Asus has it covered in their engineering of the charging circuit and battery componenets.

Nehmia
01-05-2014, 06:22 AM
I have my battery disconnected all the time because sometimes I see it @ 95% and not charging and sometimes I see it @ 100% and charging so I cannot rely on this...

Darnassus
01-07-2014, 05:58 AM
If you chose to disconnect the battery, make sure it's discharged to 50%

hmscott
01-07-2014, 08:13 AM
Asus Battery Information Center
http://support.asus.com/repair.aspx?no=604&SLanguage=en