PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty always ferky

SHDZ
12-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Hi, my ASUS G750JH-T4080H really disapoints me. My kids use gaming computer which are 5 jears old and there grafic works very smoot and without interuptions. While my super Notebook performs very poor!
I first thought it might be related to the WIFI, but palying with wire didn't help. Than I tried ofline mode and still don't work.
The Notbook has Win8 which I'm not familiar with.

Maybe somebody has an Idea wha the problem could be!

cheatermclaggin
12-24-2013, 04:45 PM
are you talking about call of duty ghost and have you tried any other games because call of duty ghost has a lot of problems. Its counter strike graphics should be easy to run but its fps can be all over the place. Do you have the newest graphic drivers and are you playing plug in or unpluged

nazgullz
12-24-2013, 08:35 PM
i got the same problem, i think its just the game engine. sometimes the game runs smooth on my g750jh sometimes its laggish( i think its a mix of fps drops and bad ping ).
i have battlefield 4 it runs smooth on the laptop on ultra max out settings, having 33-70 fps mostly around 40.
rarely getting any drops and lags.
so i think its just bad engine on the cod:ghost game ...

DeltaActual
12-25-2013, 06:10 AM
watch YouTube review's, peps with top of the line desktops struggle to run this game. so, it's not your g750, it's the game. don't buy cod next time)

sasuke256
12-25-2013, 02:33 PM
the bad engine is responsible for this ...

SHDZ
12-25-2013, 09:04 PM
Hi, thanks for your replies.
I think it is not the game. It is only COD 2 and COD black ops. Meanwhile I found in a threat a recomandation to reinstall Win8 what I did by using the Win8 Option to reinstall compleatlly, but it didn't help.

I tried to install Win7 next to Win8 but Win8 somehow blocked the Installation of Win7. Maybe I did something wrong. But that I have to do sometihing like that is a big disapointment. A ROG high end gaming Computer like that. Unbelivable!

What can I do? Send it back to ASUS?

SHDZ
12-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Hi everybody, Marry Christmas.

I'm wondering if the GPU GTX 780M is working at all, since the graphics of the CPU is actually strong enough the play COD 2 smoothlly.

Is that posible? How can I find out?

I actually thought the G750 has no smart switching of graphic.

sasuke256
12-27-2013, 05:06 PM
drivers installed and up to date ? use gpuz to monitor the gpu usage ingame and post the screenshot :)

wrangler
12-27-2013, 08:32 PM
Try searching.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?33863-Does-the-G750-series-use-Optimus&p=274209

cheatermclaggin
12-27-2013, 09:12 PM
the intel graphics on all g750 is disabled on a hardware level and can not be turned on. so it does not switch it runs the video card 24/7 make sure your running the high performance power plan and are you playing it online online try playing the single player and see if you got the same issue if it multi player only might be a internet connection issue. oh sorry about that you said off line mode is bad also make sure the fps limiter is turned off in the game settings. CoD ghost i can understand running bad it runs terrible on everything. but back ops 2 should run really good.

SHDZ
12-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Hi everybody,

good news, I don't know why, but it's fine now.

After my last post, I installed the FRAPS software to monitor my system. Than I played COD2 again and had ~400 fps and no lags anymore.
My son installed BF3 and he played with higest setings with ~54 fps as well no lags.

As I said, I don't know why but it works now. :-)

Tahnks anyway for your support.

hmscott
12-29-2013, 04:57 AM
Hi everybody,

good news, I don't know why, but it's fine now.

After my last post, I installed the FRAPS software to monitor my system. Than I played COD2 again and had ~400 fps and no lags anymore.
My son installed BF3 and he played with higest setings with ~54 fps as well no lags.

As I said, I don't know why but it works now. :-)

Thanks anyway for your support.

Such is the magic of Microsoft Windows ;-)

SHDZ
01-16-2014, 02:32 PM
Such is the magic of Microsoft Windows ;-)

maybe not!!

Hi everybody,

I found the reason for my problem!!!!

When I reported first time that the problem is gone, I installed FRAPS, but what I didn't realize is that I at the same time changed my heatset from bluetooth to an USB my children gave me!!
I'm at present on busieness trip and wanted to play a little. I conected my bluet tooth headset and staret to play COD MW3 in ofline mode.
The result was unplayable! After trying a little and restarting my system I finaly disconected my blue tooth hedset and tried playing with the integrated speaker. And what a suprise no lags at all.

Is there anybody who has faced the same problem or has an idea how to solve it?

SHDZ
01-18-2014, 07:51 AM
Hi everybody,

again my question. Has anybody faced the same problem and solve it? Maybe you can try palying games with bluetooth headset conected, weather you will face the same problem.

I would be happy if (maybe a ROG Moderator) could answer.

hmscott
01-19-2014, 02:26 PM
Hi everybody,

again my question. Has anybody faced the same problem and solve it? Maybe you can try palying games with bluetooth headset conected, weather you will face the same problem.

I would be happy if (maybe a ROG Moderator) could answer.

Both Wifi and BT use the 2.4ghz band, and if the router is set to mid channel in Wifi it will interfere with BT. You likely don't have control over what channel the hotel/etc are using, so you might want to start carrying a usb headset with you for those times where you get interference. You could also try using a non-bluetooth headset like the Logitech wireless ones that come with their own usb dongle that uses a different frequency than Wifi/BT.

You could also try a new BT USB interface, and disable the BT built in to the laptop - the built in Wifi/BT combo board may be having problems with near field RF interference since they are both on the same card and use physically close antennas - some combo cards are better at signal interference rejection. The standalone BT USB might be far enough away to work - use a usb extender cable to get it away from the laptop - that might help too.

ASUS USB-BT400 USB 2.0 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320166

BYTECC USB2-6MF-K 6 ft. Type A Male to Type A Female USB 2.0 Extension Cable
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812270104

There are lots of extension cable choices, for Wifi USB I try to find one long enough to reach the top of the cubical for best range, for BT you just want to get it away from the laptop, say 2' - 3' should be enough. There are a lot of choices at newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=usb+2.0+extension+cable&N=-1&isNodeId=1

SHDZ
01-20-2014, 12:12 PM
Thanks for your reply,

but I have the problem as well when I play in offline mode. It has nothing to do with wireless signal.

Recently I tried to play with a Bluetooth gaming mouse and it somehow worked, except that once in a while the game disappeared and I was on the Win8 home screen. Then I had to go back to the user screen and to press the game icon. Of course meanwhile I got killed!

hmscott
01-21-2014, 07:40 AM
Thanks for your reply,

but I have the problem as well when I play in offline mode. It has nothing to do with wireless signal.

Recently I tried to play with a Bluetooth gaming mouse and it somehow worked, except that once in a while the game disappeared and I was on the Win8 home screen. Then I had to go back to the user screen and to press the game icon. Of course meanwhile I got killed!

It sounds like Windows captured the mouse input and when you moved the "right way" it flipped apps, usually that happens with the trackpad multi-gesture. You might consider getting something like Classic Shell that will let you disable all those gestures, and also disable them in the Asus Smart Gesture systray app.

If you have BT on for the headphones, it is also on for other BT options, like sharing, syncing, Discovery, notifications, etc, unless you have turned off those options. Have you disabled all the unneeded BT options in the BT Settings systray app?

I use BT headphones often, and haven't experienced a lag induced by BT. I do get the long shutdown if I shutdown with BT enabled, can't wait for an update to fix that :)

SHDZ
02-06-2014, 07:23 AM
Hi hmscott,
Thanks for your reply.
I didnít install the classic shell till now, but shut of the BT options like sharing etc. what I could find in Win8. But it didnít change anything.

What is installed on your system, Win8 or Win7?

I had mentioned before the problem with the vanishing game window, this meanwhile happened as well even I played with my wire connected mouse.
I have read on net a little and found the suggestion to shut of Bluetooth and it helped!
ďNo playing interruptions when Bluetooth is shut off!Ē

Then I updated my Win8 and found that there was a driver update for the Qualcomm Atheros hardware. After installing the new driver, I had the feeling that the problem was reduced. The game window didnít vanish so often. Now I tried my Bluetooth headset and here as well the lagging was more seldom and not so long each time.
Then I thought maybe a Windows upgrade to 8.1 could help, but the result was quite opposite.
The problem with vanishing game window is still there unless I shut off Bluetooth (I donít have to shut off WiFi as well).
And the lagging of the game when I use my Bluetooth headset is very strong again; even I installed the driver updates as well.
Since nobody else in the Forum seems to have the same experience like me, I have to believe itís a hardware caused problem of the Qualcomm Atheros wireless card.

Disappointing!