PDA

View Full Version : G75 windows 8.1 and Sound Issues

Shjinta
12-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else.

Long story short, I had to flush and reinstall windows 8.1 on my G75VW. I have everything working except the sound. Windows keep using the default High Definition Audio Device driver. I have like 50 different versions of the Audio Via Driver I've been seeing around the internet. The problem is, when I go to launch the setup, it pops the cmd open and starts to launch the setup then just closes. If I uninstall the default audio driver and reboot, windows just adds it back.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

Clintlgm
12-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Yes turn off windows update and uninstall all audio drivers then install these drivers VIA Version V6.0.10.1400, Get them here (http://support.asus.com/download/options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1) You'll find then in the Windows 8, 8.1 driver is not required. This one is working great for me.
One thing when I cleaned installed I had the Window update turned off until I had all my drivers installed, then I let windows update. I have no issues with audio or anything else.

Pitcher@asus
12-25-2013, 02:37 AM
before you install to win 8.1, please install asus audio driver from support site then update to win 8.1, i think it should be work.

Shjinta
01-24-2014, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the response Clint. I'm still having issues, I turned windows update off, uninstalled all the audio drivers. When I reboot, windows automatically reinstalls the

Clintlgm
01-24-2014, 03:00 PM
your saying that the latest VIA drivers from the Asus Support Download section for your G75VW and Win 8 will not install.
Version V6.0.10.1400 (http://www.service.asus.com/#!downloads/c1wax)

Shjinta
01-24-2014, 03:52 PM
Pretty much. Windows keeps installing the High Def default driver. I have windows update turned off, I even went into the System and turned it off there, and i stopped the service manually lol.

Clintlgm
01-24-2014, 09:19 PM
What happens if you uninstall the MS Audio drivers from Device Manager, then with out rebooting install the VIA Drivers?

Shjinta
01-24-2014, 09:48 PM
What happens if you uninstall the MS Audio drivers from Device Manager, then with out rebooting install the VIA Drivers?

Basically if I boot, I'll have two listings of High Definition Audio in my Device Manager. If I uninstall them then attempt to run the VIA driver it won't launch. if I reboot, repeat the process, but instead reboot right after I uninstall the default drivers, they will automatically reinstall. I have every mention of Windows Update disabled.

Clintlgm
01-24-2014, 10:40 PM
Yes you should have a NVidia Audio driver that is for the HDMI Connection. That is correct. Then the VIA driver which you say is being replaced with a MS generic driver

There must be something wrong with your downloaded file, I would try downloading it again from the Asus Site
Try this

Shjinta
01-31-2014, 02:16 PM
I've gone into the drive settings and event viewer. Basically every time I rboot the laptop windows sees the audio card and loads their basic drive automatically.. The only way I can see to fix this is to manually go into system32 and remove the driver. Do I have to completely turn off UAC to get windows to let me move those files?