PDA

View Full Version : new nVIDIA Driver from ASUS

Nehmia
12-26-2013, 06:55 PM
ASUS flavors of the nVIDIA Drivers are far more stable on our laptops and don't suffer from the slow reboot bug

just released, new nVIDIA Driver v331.82

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/VGA/VGA_nVidia_Win81_64_VER918133182.zip

Norup58
12-26-2013, 08:06 PM
Not doubting your word or anything but could you elaborate asto why this graphic driver is better than Nvidia's own? (aside from the obivous you mentioned, the slow reboot bug)
I am presently using Nvidia's v331.82 on my JH and not really experiencing any hickups - to my knowlegde, anyway.

Nehmia
12-26-2013, 09:04 PM
Not doubting your word or anything but could you elaborate asto why this graphic driver is better than Nvidia's own? (aside from the obivous you mentioned, the slow reboot bug)
I am presently using Nvidia's v331.82 on my JH and not really experiencing any hickups - to my knowlegde, anyway.

because it contains a modified *.ini file in the drivers from ASUS bro

that's the whole reason the ASUS versions are more stable as they are made to work perfectly on the ASUS GeForce flavor of the GTX 770 or what not

villiansv
12-26-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm pretty sure only 3D models had issues with the drivers, non-3D should work fine with stock nvidia. Nevertheless, good to see updated drivers from Asus.

Nehmia
12-26-2013, 09:22 PM
I'm pretty sure only 3D models had issues with the drivers, non-3D should work fine with stock nvidia. Nevertheless, good to see updated drivers from Asus.

ahhhhhhhhhh thanks for that tip bro!! no wonder I always complained about the nIVIDA drivers being buggy when noone else complained!

Norup58
12-26-2013, 09:59 PM
So if I wanted to try this Asus customised graphic driver what would be the best way to uninstall the present Nvidia driver?
Via windows 8.0 Safe Mode? Will this ensure a complete clean uninstall - thinking here about whatever is entered into the registry, if this will also be removed?
Or is the best advice to just leave well enough alone as I am not experiencing any problems with present driver?

Nehmia
12-27-2013, 06:04 AM
So if I wanted to try this Asus customised graphic driver what would be the best way to uninstall the present Nvidia driver?
Via windows 8.0 Safe Mode? Will this ensure a complete clean uninstall - thinking here about whatever is entered into the registry, if this will also be removed?
Or is the best advice to just leave well enough alone as I am not experiencing any problems with present driver?

just run the installer, and when installing it, tick the CLEAN install option

who knows what optimizations that ASUS INF file brings, could never be bad but only good :)

kingkaan
12-27-2013, 06:15 AM
is this for windows 8.1? i have windows 8 64 bit gtx 765m can you link me to download it please? looks like the one you gave is for windows 8.1 and gtx 770m

Nehmia
12-27-2013, 06:56 AM
is this for windows 8.1? i have windows 8 64 bit gtx 765m can you link me to download it please? looks like the one you gave is for windows 8.1 and gtx 770m

Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 use the same driver for nVIDIA

kingkaan
12-27-2013, 07:01 AM
Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 use the same driver for nVIDIA

so can i use this for my gtx 765m? i downladed it and it did a system compatibility test and passed but i was scared to install it without asking still.

Nehmia
12-27-2013, 07:15 AM
so can i use this for my gtx 765m? i downladed it and it did a system compatibility test and passed but i was scared to install it without asking still.

yeah dude, all nVIDIA Drivers are the same for all graphics chipsets. There has never been a specific nVIDIA Driver for a particular chipset, and especially not from the same family (IE. the GTX 7XX series)

kingkaan
12-27-2013, 07:52 AM
yeah dude, all nVIDIA Drivers are the same for all graphics chipsets. There has never been a specific nVIDIA Driver for a particular chipset, and especially not from the same family (IE. the GTX 7XX series)

thanks bro i appreciate it

Faba002
12-27-2013, 08:32 AM
So this driver wil fix the flickering and black boot screen you have on the stock drivers of the nvidia site ?

Nehmia
12-27-2013, 08:51 AM
crap!! just installed it on a clean Windows 8.1 install and it caused my laptop to stop rebooting!!!!

I have the 3D Version It seems I am stuck to the drivers posted on my laptop drivers page I can never update to the latest ones

Faba002
12-27-2013, 10:46 PM
this crap driver is NOT working !! still the same bugs on the 3D screen version !
wil we ever get a normel working driver for this laptop ???? becaus I Have this one just for one week ! and NOTHING is supported for this .. is it ASUS OR NVIDIA that are trolling us ? ! I don t want to break my screen chip with Crap drivers that keep getting the laptop stuck in its boot load on windows and those withe Flashes when it boots over the screen like a 45 Years old TV screen This needs to be fixed !

villiansv
12-28-2013, 12:01 AM
With the new "buggy" nvidia drivers installed, try going to the BIOS and disabling secureboot and fastboot, and also set the Launch CSM to Enabled. Then check if the bootup issues are still there. I recall someone saying that this fixed the issue, and others confirmed, but I can't find the thread.

Nehmia
12-28-2013, 05:55 AM
this crap driver is NOT working !! still the same bugs on the 3D screen version !
wil we ever get a normel working driver for this laptop ???? becaus I Have this one just for one week ! and NOTHING is supported for this .. is it ASUS OR NVIDIA that are trolling us ? ! I don t want to break my screen chip with Crap drivers that keep getting the laptop stuck in its boot load on windows and those withe Flashes when it boots over the screen like a 45 Years old TV screen This needs to be fixed !

This driver works perfect for the 3D Version:

nVIDIA GeForce Drivers 9.18.13.2683 (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/VGA/VGA_nVidia_Win81_64_VER918132683.zip)

Make sure you tick the "Clean Install" box and then choose Custom, and un select GeForce Experience otherwise it will update to the latest nVIDIA buggy Drivers

kingkaan
12-28-2013, 07:25 AM
tested it played a few games with it..have no problems at all. flawless...clean install..

CruiserX
12-28-2013, 09:28 AM
yea 326.83 work perfectly. Just do a clean install of the driver. Had the latest NVidia driver before and it was crap load of bugs. Just few days back reverted to this one and finally got rid of boot screen, slow loading issues.

hmscott
12-28-2013, 09:36 AM
crap!! just installed it on a clean Windows 8.1 install and it caused my laptop to stop rebooting!!!!

I have the 3D Version It seems I am stuck to the drivers posted on my laptop drivers page I can never update to the latest ones

Nehmia, rather than setting the Nvidia Installer to do a clean install, try this once to see if it works.

1) Install an Asus Nvidia driver from the G750xx download area, as a clean install.

2) Download the latest Nvidia driver from Nvidia.

3) Do a regular install *over* the Asus driver install.

See if that works.

It is possible Asus is installing additional stuff that is erased when doing a clean install of Nvidia drivers, causing a clean WIndows 8.1 install to not work.

Faba002
12-28-2013, 10:32 AM
This driver works perfect for the 3D Version:

nVIDIA GeForce Drivers 9.18.13.2683 (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/VGA/VGA_nVidia_Win81_64_VER918132683.zip)

Make sure you tick the "Clean Install" box and then choose Custom, and un select GeForce Experience otherwise it will update to the latest nVIDIA buggy Drivers

I already Dit a clean instal with the driver I aslo resetted my laptop to factory settings .. I instaled the One from Nvidia site that has the bug the beta drive Aslo same problem and the one your me linking also give me a stuck boot and flashes on the screen this is not normal ... anyone a fix ?

Faba002
12-28-2013, 10:58 AM
I already Dit a clean instal with the driver I aslo resetted my laptop to factory settings .. I instaled the One from Nvidia site that has the bug the beta drive Aslo same problem and the one your me linking also give me a stuck boot and flashes on the screen this is not normal ... anyone a fix ?

EDIT

your posting a old drive the 326.83 I was to fast this drive works oke for my 3D screen
but the first driver you posted on this thread The modded new driver from nvidia .. wil not work ... is that normal for the 3D screen ? Becaus
i tought they fixed with the ini File that the boot works and the flashes where gone ... And we can use the latest driver So hard for al those new games ;s I am using now the 327.02 From the asus support drivers and it works also ... good but what can i now use the best ?

kingfish
12-28-2013, 11:42 AM
im also using 327.23. other than that it will make a looooong time booting...but ihave issues on my current driver, sometime the shutting down takes time. i have to long press the power button :(

Faba002
12-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Indeed only problems and bugs ... I dont understand .. this laptops are gaming laptops but gaming supported drivers .. are not working on them they wont boot , crash and flashes like its crap ... This is not what a gamer wants after buying a system like this

FIX IT !!!

hmscott
12-29-2013, 05:26 AM
im also using 327.23. other than that it will make a looooong time booting...but ihave issues on my current driver, sometime the shutting down takes time. i have to long press the power button :(

That's a new problem with Windows 8.1 that has been showing up recently, it isn't connected to the video driver, hybrid shutdown "fixes" don't stick, and looking at the Windows event log only gets into more debugging spaghetti.

Microsoft posted 2 fixes as well, but I already have both installed... and I am still getting the restart/shutdown slowdown - after about 2 minutes 45 seconds it does what I asked...
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40757

I'm guessing this is gonna take a fix from Microsoft...

kingfish
12-29-2013, 11:01 AM
thansk hmscott, i also already installed that one but still have time issues when restart/shutdown. :(

sotipay
12-29-2013, 10:34 PM
I have a 3D screen G750 on Win 8.1 and i suffered from slow reboot/shutdown issues also until I solved it last week. Installing the ASUS Nvidia driver didn't work for me along with disabling fastboot, I still had the issues. What worked for me was installing the 8.1 WLAN drivers from the Asus website and i also installed the other 8.1 drivers there. It fixed the reboot/shutdown issue and I managed to update my Nvidia driver to 331.82 after in Geforce Experience with no problem so I could play BF4. Hope this helps

Faba002
12-29-2013, 11:24 PM
I have a 3D screen G750 on Win 8.1 and i suffered from slow reboot/shutdown issues also until I solved it last week. Installing the ASUS Nvidia driver didn't work for me along with disabling fastboot, I still had the issues. What worked for me was installing the 8.1 WLAN drivers from the Asus website and i also installed the other 8.1 drivers there. It fixed the reboot/shutdown issue and I managed to update my Nvidia driver to 331.82 after in Geforce Experience with no problem so I could play BF4. Hope this helps

hello there , I am happing that you maybe have a fix also for me becaus i have also a 3D screen with lots of problems with those drivers But what i need to know also is Do i need to be on windows 8.1? becaus i am still on 8 and can i leave the options in the bios default ? ( fastboot options ) So if i download now the win 8.1 drivers on my windows 8 and instale from my Nvidia 311.93 version to the new verions I wil able to play without problems ?

also when i had the long boot bug I saw on my screen withe flashes and strange things like the screen crashed every boot from the 3D dit you had that also ?
greetz Faba

Faba002
12-30-2013, 12:51 AM
IT IS NOT WORKING I AM IN STUCK IN THE INSTALATION OF WINDOWS 8.1 I CANT GET UP MY SCREEN NOTHING IS WORKING I AM ALREADY 1 HOUR STUCK IN THE BOOT OF IT AND GOT ALREADY A MESSAGE THAT WINDOWS 8.1 was faild AND BACK STUCK IN THE BOOT MY SCREEN IS GETTING CRAZY HOW THE HELL IS THIS POSIBLE FIX THIS NOW !! I AM NOT PAYING FOR THIS THAT NOT WORK

sotipay
12-30-2013, 12:53 AM
If you're on WIn 8 then use the win 8 asus drivers from the support page. Don't use the 8.1 drivers, I imagine it won't turn out good. I never experienced bugs when I was on win 8, only sometime after I upgraded to 8.1 did I notice the long reboot issue. I didn't experience any flashes or things you described, only that it took so long for the laptop to restart or to shutdown. The screen would be off but the keyboard and indicator lights would stay on for maybe 2-3mins before turning off.

I suggest you download and install the win 8 drivers as well as the ASUS Nvidia driver using clean install option, then upgrade the Nvidia driver after if the problem is solved.

Faba002
12-30-2013, 01:45 AM
nope its not working .. still the same i am now on windows 8.1 restart thakes 10 min after that the reboot get stuck my screen fails for like 1 hour or more .. its totaly unstable .. i was searcing for the drivers on asus but the site is now changed I cant get on the page to get my drivers ...

asus screw it you gave a thing that is not working stop selling it give us back windows 7 support and make back your own drivers for Graphic card

hmscott
12-30-2013, 03:08 AM
nope its not working .. still the same i am now on windows 8.1 restart thakes 10 min after that the reboot get stuck my screen fails for like 1 hour or more .. its totaly unstable .. i was searcing for the drivers on asus but the site is now changed I cant get on the page to get my drivers ...

asus screw it you gave a thing that is not working stop selling it give us back windows 7 support and make back your own drivers for Graphic card

The 10 minutes to reboot problem (more like 2-3 minutes) is caused by a bug in Windows 8.1, I got rid of it by disabling Hibernation, which disables Fast Startup, and then you also need to disable Fastboot in the BIOS, I am now getting immediate restart/shutdown again.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?41783-G750-hanging-on-Shutdown-FIX&country=&status=

Faba002
12-30-2013, 05:30 PM
with the fix from hmscott http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status=
the restart bug is finnaly over in windows 8.1 dit it today with a clean instal.
but is there already news for a 770m driver on 3D screen based laptops .. to play new games ? I am now on windows 8.1 auto instal driver 327.07 but i can see that windows 8.1 dit not instaled the 3D Things also on my windows updates I see this "Nvidia driver update for Nvidia Geforce GTX 770m 232,7 MB Date : 16/11/2013

anyone know something about that driver ? or a new one ( I dont want to break my windows 8.1 again with instaling 3 kinds of drivers that dont works)

Brenderick
12-30-2013, 08:11 PM
So far, my best most stable driver is the current one from nvidia. I was having problems with the asus drivers that came installed on this system. So far as the 'asus flavor' of the 700m series, what exactly do you mean? My understanding is that all 700m series video cards are reference designs, making them identical... Asus drivers are merely nVidia drivers they have approved to work with this particular laptop- mostly that there are not software issues related to things specific to this machine and it's brethren. The idea that a driver is somehow special or different because you got it from your vendor (vs their vendor, if you want to see it that way) instead of the ODM is pretty much a myth. Trust me on this one- Asus engineers are not doing much playing around with the nuts and bolts of GPU bare metal, the folks that design the GPU do that, and for good reasons.

Faba002
12-30-2013, 08:30 PM
So far, my best most stable driver is the current one from nvidia. I was having problems with the asus drivers that came installed on this system. So far as the 'asus flavor' of the 700m series, what exactly do you mean? My understanding is that all 700m series video cards are reference designs, making them identical... Asus drivers are merely nVidia drivers they have approved to work with this particular laptop- mostly that there are not software issues related to things specific to this machine and it's brethren. The idea that a driver is somehow special or different because you got it from your vendor (vs their vendor, if you want to see it that way) instead of the ODM is pretty much a myth. Trust me on this one- Asus engineers are not doing much playing around with the nuts and bolts of GPU bare metal, the folks that design the GPU do that, and for good reasons.

that is not posible the curent new driver from nvidia Cant boot the laptop ! my screen is black after the update I cant do anything are you having a 3D version or not ? I can only use the asus drivers all other give me a black screen on startup
this laptop is right now nothing worth i cant play games ... this stock drivers are olmost one year old
ASUS DAMN FIX THIS !! WE WANT TO PLAY ON THIS THING

hmscott
12-31-2013, 08:23 AM
RTFM - Read that Fine Manual => usually finds the solution to most problems...

RTFRN's - Read those Fine Release Notes => gets the rest :)

So, while I was debugging my long shutdown issue, I found a few solutions to video problems, but they are most all in the Release notes for 331.82, under Known Issues:

Many of the solutions are essentially, reboot into safe mode and uninstall all the Nvidia software, boot back into normal mode, and install the latest driver (clean install, but it should already be clean).

Here are some titles to whet your appetite:

Screen Turns Black When Performing Clean Overinstall of NVIDIA Drivers on Windows 8.1

Flickering Black Screen Occurs After Installing the NVIDIA Drivers on Windows 8

Total Available Graphics Memory Reported Incorrectly

3D Vision USB Driver Does Not Get Installed

Using HDMI Audio with Displays that have a High Native Resolution

I have seen all of these complained about in the forum over the last months... :)

Release Notes (v331.82) - US English
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/331.82/331.82-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf

I also found a solution that has been known about for a long time, but is showing up again, that seems to be a problem for heavy gaming situations where the Nvidia driver won't respond within the default 2 seconds. There are 2 registry keys kept to tune and enable/disable this watchdog timeout that kills the display driver if it doesn't hear from it every 2 seconds.

There are a number of postings about this, and as it turns out it is already "tuned" in our current Nvidia installs, but knowing their location and name, and how to turn off the watchdog might be useful:

TdrDelay adds time to the timeout, so a 10 second timer is 12 seconds, which to me sounds long enough, but you can also turn off the Tdr altogether with TdrLevel => 0 (default is 3).

So if you are having trouble with the Nvidia driver hanging and timing out, you could shorten the wait time - handy, or if you think it will recover you could disable the Tdr altogether or make the timeout longer. Have fun :)

Faba002
12-31-2013, 09:35 AM
RTFM - Read that Fine Manual => usually finds the solution to most problems...

RTFRN's - Read those Fine Release Notes => gets the rest :)

So, while I was debugging my long shutdown issue, I found a few solutions to video problems, but they are most all in the Release notes for 331.82, under Known Issues:

Many of the solutions are essentially, reboot into safe mode and uninstall all the Nvidia software, boot back into normal mode, and install the latest driver (clean install, but it should already be clean).

Here are some titles to whet your appetite:

Screen Turns Black When Performing Clean Overinstall of NVIDIA Drivers on Windows 8.1

Flickering Black Screen Occurs After Installing the NVIDIA Drivers on Windows 8

Total Available Graphics Memory Reported Incorrectly

3D Vision USB Driver Does Not Get Installed

Using HDMI Audio with Displays that have a High Native Resolution

I have seen all of these complained about in the forum over the last months... :)

Release Notes (v331.82) - US English
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/331.82/331.82-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf

I also found a solution that has been known about for a long time, but is showing up again, that seems to be a problem for heavy gaming situations where the Nvidia driver won't respond within the default 2 seconds. There are 2 registry keys kept to tune and enable/disable this watchdog timeout that kills the display driver if it doesn't hear from it every 2 seconds.

There are a number of postings about this, and as it turns out it is already "tuned" in our current Nvidia installs, but knowing their location and name, and how to turn off the watchdog might be useful:

TdrDelay adds time to the timeout, so a 10 second timer is 12 seconds, which to me sounds long enough, but you can also turn off the Tdr altogether with TdrLevel => 0 (default is 3).

So if you are having trouble with the Nvidia driver hanging and timing out, you could shorten the wait time - handy, or if you think it will recover you could disable the Tdr altogether or make the timeout longer. Have fun :)

I dit all what you told here and it is stil not working still The samen problem flashes and stuck
On The boot Pff even now i cant get in to Windows The screen stays black

hmscott
12-31-2013, 10:14 AM
I dit all what you told here and it is stil not working still The samen problem flashes and stuck
On The boot Pff even now i cant get in to Windows The screen stays black

Faba002, briefly - disable the internet before doing the SafeMode uninstalls... use DDU in SafeMode, and immediately install the already downloaded and unpacked 331.82. The key was to uninstall until the custom install Nvidia dialog showed no previous driver installed ( None ).

I just went through trying to uninstall all the Nvidia software in SafeMode by hand, and kept having older drivers show up in the Device Manager for the GTX780m - after uninstalling all the individual items in 331.82 in SafeMode, I came into normal mode and tried to do an custom install and there were 331.65 drivers listed as installed!

Then I uninstalled the GTX780m in Device manager, and 311.83 drivers showed up underneath...

Then I downloaded the latest DDU (display driver uninstaller):
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

Ran DDU in SafeMode, disabled Windows Update (or so I thought) via DDU, booted into normal mode, and opened Device Manager, and got a popup that said I needed to reboot to complete the install of new drivers!

Then I realized that my fast internet connection was the problem - even though Windows Update was disabled, Windows was still downloading drivers in the background - so I disabled wireless and unplugged Ethernet :)

I booted back into SafeMode, and used DDU to uninstall all the Nvidia drivers and clean the registry, and booted into normal mode, and dug down into C:\Nvidia to the Setup.exe for 331.82, and finally in the custom install dialog there were no previous drivers showing!

And, I don't want to jinx it, but my laptop is once again rebooting and shutting down without delay... :)

I hope this works for you :)

I also fixed another annoying problem that showed up when switching from a local user login to my Microsoft Login - my desktop went black! Wallpapers wouldn't show up, but solid colors would... IDK what ticked this box in Ease of Access, but I found it and unticked it and now I have my desktop images back :)

Faba002
12-31-2013, 01:38 PM
Faba002, briefly - disable the internet before doing the SafeMode uninstalls... use DDU in SafeMode, and immediately install the already downloaded and unpacked 331.82. The key was to uninstall until the custom install Nvidia dialog showed no previous driver installed ( None ).

I just went through trying to uninstall all the Nvidia software in SafeMode by hand, and kept having older drivers show up in the Device Manager for the GTX780m - after uninstalling all the individual items in 331.82 in SafeMode, I came into normal mode and tried to do an custom install and there were 331.65 drivers listed as installed!

Then I uninstalled the GTX780m in Device manager, and 311.83 drivers showed up underneath...

Then I downloaded the latest DDU (display driver uninstaller):
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

Ran DDU in SafeMode, disabled Windows Update (or so I thought) via DDU, booted into normal mode, and opened Device Manager, and got a popup that said I needed to reboot to complete the install of new drivers!

Then I realized that my fast internet connection was the problem - even though Windows Update was disabled, Windows was still downloading drivers in the background - so I disabled wireless and unplugged Ethernet :)

I booted back into SafeMode, and used DDU to uninstall all the Nvidia drivers and clean the registry, and booted into normal mode, and dug down into C:\Nvidia to the Setup.exe for 331.82, and finally in the custom install dialog there were no previous drivers showing!

And, I don't want to jinx it, but my laptop is once again rebooting and shutting down without delay... :)

I hope this works for you :)

I also fixed another annoying problem that showed up when switching from a local user login to my Microsoft Login - my desktop went black! Wallpapers wouldn't show up, but solid colors would... IDK what ticked this box in Ease of Access, but I found it and unticked it and now I have my desktop images back :)

Hello i am just ready with doing your fix 3 times i Always had in my costum panel all drivers on none
Dit a instal and again after The restart flashes on the screen and black screen again
Do you know any other thing ? I dit Every thing what you dit Wifi off internet off Windows update off ddu in save mode
Instal outsite save mode there where no drivers installed and again
Is my laptop broken ? This cant be

hmscott
12-31-2013, 02:33 PM
Hello i am just ready with doing your fix 3 times i Always had in my costum panel all drivers on none
Dit a instal and again after The restart flashes on the screen and black screen again
Do you know any other thing ? I dit Every thing what you dit Wifi off internet off Windows update off ddu in save mode
Instal outsite save mode there where no drivers installed and again
Is my laptop broken ? This cant be

Faba002, I don't know what to tell you other than what is above. The symptom you have suggests another driver is still present and the install over it happened causing competing binaries. Disconnecting the internet before rebooting after the SafeMode removal should have prevented the OS downloading and installing another binary while you installed the new drivers onto a DDU cleaned system. But, your symptom suggests that didn't happen.

I wold be frustrated if I were you - take a break and let it sit before starting again with a recovery restore back to Asus OEM install again, before doing the SafeMode DDU removals, reboot without internet and do the clean install of the 331.82 driver.

Faba002
12-31-2013, 03:44 PM
Faba002, I don't know what to tell you other than what is above. The symptom you have suggests another driver is still present and the install over it happened causing competing binaries. Disconnecting the internet before rebooting after the SafeMode removal should have prevented the OS downloading and installing another binary while you installed the new drivers onto a DDU cleaned system. But, your symptom suggests that didn't happen.

I wold be frustrated if I were you - take a break and let it sit before starting again with a recovery restore back to Asus OEM install again, before doing the SafeMode DDU removals, reboot without internet and do the clean install of the 331.82 driver.

I just dit system recovery back to Windows 8 without any update
I disabled internet before i got on it , booted into save mode removed everything with DDU
And restarted to normal mode to instal The 331.82 drivers
And on The costume screen there where no installed drivers to see
After The installation i rebooted
1 time i got one flash on The screen after The republic of gamer logo
And i got in Windows The 2de restart it got a big flash with more coller and black screen directly after that
I waited 10 min in
Black screen and The laptop schut it self down screen flashes again and i got crash rapport
So i still have The black screens and flashes on a clean boot

Any other idea ? :'(

villiansv
12-31-2013, 04:49 PM
No time to read through the entire thread, but have you tried booting in legacy bios mode?

SecureBoot=Disabled
FastBoot=Disabled (I gather this is done already)
Launch CSM = Enabled
Launch PXE OpROM = Enabled

ALl these are in the Bios, test with the above settings.

Faba002
12-31-2013, 06:22 PM
No time to read through the entire thread, but have you tried booting in legacy bios mode?

SecureBoot=Disabled
Launch CSM = Enabled

Is it safe to change those bios settings ? Becaus it is not normal to change settings from the bios for video driver problems i tought

kingfish
12-31-2013, 06:43 PM
i apply all the bios setting above, and apply these: http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/11951-numerous-event-id-10016-errors-win-8-pro-64-bit.html

with the 331.82 driver installed, got no issues on start up. but still when restarting and shutdown, it takes more time than it should be.

before i remember with 8.1 and with the stock gpu drive from asus, i got no issues on both start up/restart/shutdown. i encounter this problems when i try to update my gpu driver. just sharing :)

thanks hmscott & villiansv for the effort :)

villiansv
12-31-2013, 07:02 PM
Is it safe to change those bios settings ? Becaus it is not normal to change settings from the bios for video driver problems i tought

It's safe, the only difference is an uglier bootup screen - due to lower resolution.

villiansv
12-31-2013, 07:04 PM
i apply all the bios setting above, and apply these: http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/11951-numerous-event-id-10016-errors-win-8-pro-64-bit.html

with the 331.82 driver installed, got no issues on start up. but still when restarting and shutdown, it takes more time than it should be.

before i remember with 8.1 and with the stock gpu drive from asus, i got no issues on both start up/restart/shutdown. i encounter this problems when i try to update my gpu driver. just sharing :)

thanks hmscott & villiansv for the effort :)

I think there are two different issues here. Delay when shutting down (and during the ****down part of a restart) is likely caused by a different issue than the delay during startup.

In any case, I'm sorry I can't be of more help. Hard to assist when you aren't able to reproduce the problem.

Happy New Year :)

Faba002
12-31-2013, 07:36 PM
I think there are two different issues here. Delay when shutting down (and during the ****down part of a restart) is likely caused by a different issue than the delay during startup.

In any case, I'm sorry I can't be of more help. Hard to assist when you aren't able to reproduce the problem.

Happy New Year :)

Thanks ! I am now booted in to Windows 8 with no problem
After The bios settings you can see so hard that it dont force The display anymorz
Also after The bios settings i dit a recovery
Booted into safe mode dit with DDU a clean of all nvidia drivers
Turn off internet
Restarted into normal mode installed nvidia driver 331.82
Clean i restarted and it boots sweet
I am now downloading all updates from Microsoft
Then i update to 8.1 with The wlan and bluethoot driver for win 8.1
Disabeling hypernation files
That are all The fixes from 3 forum Posts This week that fix The problems
Thanks to Everyone that helpt

Happy New year Also to everyone

kingfish
12-31-2013, 07:37 PM
Let's pause fixing this **** and
LET'S ENJOY THE CELEBRATION!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

hmscott
12-31-2013, 07:51 PM

SecureBoot=Disabled
Launch CSM = Enabled

Thanks ! I am now booted in to Windows 8 with no problem
After The bios settings you can see so hard that it dont force The display anymorz
Also after The bios settings i dit a recovery
Booted into safe mode dit with DDU a clean of all nvidia drivers
Turn off internet
Restarted into normal mode installed nvidia driver 331.82
Clean i restarted and it boots sweet
I am now downloading all updates from Microsoft
Then i update to 8.1 with The wlan and bluethoot driver for win 8.1
Disabeling hypernation files
That are all The fixes from 3 forum Posts This week that fix The problems
Thanks to Everyone that helpt

Happy New year Also to everyone

Let's pause fixing this **** and
LET'S ENJOY THE CELEBRATION!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Thanks villiansv!

Congrats Faba002!!

kingfish,...hold on!, we still have 12 hours left this year to fix things!... ;)

Happy New Year Everyone!

kingfish
01-01-2014, 04:44 AM
Finally, all is back to normal. Restart and shutdown in less than 10 sec. :)

kingfish
01-01-2014, 05:57 AM
in my case the only reason why for the delayed restart/shutdown was my bluetooth, i began using it with my speaker and did not notice the effect. It's updated btw, the driver. I tried to turn it on today, and everything was back to normal. Very fast.

But i did all those tweak and mods that i read in this thread and also this one:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

To use 'autoruns' it was necessary to start the machine in Safe Mode, otherwise an 'error changing state' message showed when trying to uncheck the suspect drivers.

To configure device manager (Win 8.1):

1. Right click This PC and Select Properties
2. Select Advanced System Settings
3. Click Environment Variables
4. Under the System Variables pane click New
5. For Variable Name, enter devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices
6. For Variable Value enter 1
7. Click OK then OK to close This PC

hope it works :)

hmscott
01-01-2014, 07:24 AM
in my case the only reason why for the delayed restart/shutdown was my bluetooth, i began using it with my speaker and did not notice the effect. It's updated btw, the driver. I tried to turn it on today, and everything was back to normal. Very fast.

But i did all those tweak and mods that i read in this thread and also this one:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

To use 'autoruns' it was necessary to start the machine in Safe Mode, otherwise an 'error changing state' message showed when trying to uncheck the suspect drivers.

To configure device manager (Win 8.1):

1. Right click This PC and Select Properties
2. Select Advanced System Settings
3. Click Environment Variables
4. Under the System Variables pane click New
5. For Variable Name, enter devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices
6. For Variable Value enter 1
7. Click OK then OK to close This PC

hope it works :)

Congrats Kingfish!

My recurring shutdown delay is back, comes back every 24 hours or so, so I thought I would check out your debugging info :)

I have already updated all the drivers to the latest 8.1 drivers available, per the previous posts.

What did setting the devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices system variable show in Device Manager? Did you find the problem there, or in the Autoruns display, or both? I did it and I see lots more entries, but no errors or warning icons, everything looks ok

What did you do with autoruns that showed the 'error changing state' error when you did it in normal mode? Did you look for the yellow highlighted drivers in autoruns and try to disable one, or?

Found these articles that seemed relevant, but it brought up those questions.

"Devices that you install that are not connected to the computer (such as a Universal Serial Bus [USB] device or "ghosted" devices) are not displayed in Device Manager, even when you click Show hidden devices."
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315539

Windows 8.1 Pro x64 UEFI very slow boot and shutdown - page 13 of 13!
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/windows-81-pro-x64-uefi-very-slow-boot-and/0296a252-bc00-4e6a-a645-112f187e6714?tab=question&status=AllReplies%2CAllReplies%2CAllReplies%2CAllR eplies%2CAllReplies%2CAllReplies%2CAllReplies%2CAl lReplies%2CAllReplies&page=13

I used autoruns previously, but not on this JH, and I saw 12 yellow highlighted and 3 red highlighted, I disabled all of them - in normal mode it just asked for Admin access to make some of the changes.

Rebooted and still have the slow shutdown - grrr :)

Thanks Kingfish!

hmscott
01-01-2014, 08:14 AM
kingfish, you are gonna love this :)

I just figured out the correlation between me being able to reboot/shutdown quickly... it happens when I turn off Wifi and Bluetooth :)

I have been sharing my ethernet with a work computer, and when I swap it back I disable BT/Wifi sliders in WIndows Settings, and then enable Airport mode. As soon as I did that again just now, I rebooted quickly :)

So I guess I have a Wifi or BT driver that isn't playing nice with Windows 8.1 - even though I have the latest versions.

Off to debug which it is and find a driver that works and doesn't hold up reboot/shutdown. :)

Nehmia
01-01-2014, 08:31 AM
kingfish, you are gonna love this :)

I just figured out the correlation between me being able to reboot/shutdown quickly... it happens when I turn off Wifi and Bluetooth :)

I have been sharing my ethernet with a work computer, and when I swap it back I disable BT/Wifi sliders in WIndows Settings, and then enable Airport mode. As soon as I did that again just now, I rebooted quickly :)

So I guess I have a Wifi or BT driver that isn't playing nice with Windows 8.1 - even though I have the latest versions.

Off to debug which it is and find a driver that works and doesn't hold up reboot/shutdown. :)

LATEST BLUETOOTH DRIVERS (http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Bluetooth&p=3&s=111)

LATEST WLAN DRIVERS (http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=WLAN&p=3&s=111)

kingfish
01-01-2014, 08:46 AM
hmscott, thanks man.

yes! turning off the wireless connection brings back the normal restart and shutdown speed.

the autorun, i have seen errors on my end and i unchecked all, highlighted with yellow and pink on my end.

next step for me is to find a suitable wireless driver so i could turn on again the wireless. and try to enable the fastboot. but now im rendering something...maybe after an hour or 2 :)

thanks for your knowledge guys :)

kingfish
01-01-2014, 08:51 AM
LATEST BLUETOOTH DRIVERS (http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Bluetooth&p=3&s=111)

LATEST WLAN DRIVERS (http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=WLAN&p=3&s=111)

thanks brother Nehmia, ill check it later :)

hmscott
01-01-2014, 08:58 AM
double post, sorry :(

If you go into edit, then advanced, you can click the delete radio button, and then click the delete option below next to cancel/submit. I will delete this one after you :)

hmscott
01-01-2014, 09:00 AM

Thanks Nehmia, I originally got the drivers I am using from the Killer site, latest for 1202, and the package also updated my BT drivers. Seemed to work fine, and I didn't start experiencing the shutdown delay right away... I hope this is really it, and not something else related to running BT.

This is what I have right now, it looks like I can reboot find under Wifi with no ethernet connected, so I will update the BT driver from your link (after checking Killer for another update) and see if that fixes it.

hmscott
01-01-2014, 09:17 AM
hmscott, thanks man.

yes! turning off the wireless connection brings back the normal restart and shutdown speed.

the autorun, i have seen errors on my end and i unchecked all, highlighted with yellow and pink on my end.

next step for me is to find a suitable wireless driver so i could turn on again the wireless. and try to enable the fastboot. but now im rendering something...maybe after an hour or 2 :)

thanks for your knowledge guys :)

Good news, it isn't the BT driver per se, it is the BT features that get turned on every time you update the BT driver :)

I usually disable all of these because I know I don't want them on, but the last time I did a Wifi update the BT update came along in the package and I didn't have time to go through the BT options dialogs to disable everything.

Via the systray BT icon => Settings - turned off everything I don't want on, and quick reboot came right back :)
Turned off:
1) Options Tab => Notification "Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect"
2) Share Tab => Turned off "Allow remote devices to browse, send, and receive pictures, music, and other files"
3) Share Tab => Turned off "Allow remote devices to use the printer connected to your computer"
4) Sync Tab => Turned off "Allow Bluetooth devices to send you PIM items..."

A driver update shouldn't change your user preferences - especially ones that open up your security!

Anyway, not sure which one causes the hanging, but I don't want any of them on anyway :)

So I don't have to update the BT driver right now :)

JarekCyphus
01-01-2014, 10:07 AM
Well I'll take anything to fix the slideshowing I've got in FFXIV and Guild Wars 2 right now. I was managing 60fps+ in both games until I made a few tweaks. Now my clocks are stuck in the low hundreds and GPU load is constantly maxed at 99%, as if the rig is being throttled.

hmscott
01-01-2014, 10:08 AM
Well I'll take anything to fix the slideshowing I've got in FFXIV and Guild Wars 2 right now. I was managing 60fps+ in both games until I made a few tweaks. Now my clocks are stuck in the low hundreds and GPU load is constantly maxed at 99%, as if the rig is being throttled.

What tweaks?

kingfish
01-01-2014, 11:44 AM

i have installed these drivers but none of them is working well, restarting time was much more than before...btw i got a 3d screen too.

thanks

Faba002
01-01-2014, 12:51 PM
i have installed these drivers but none of them is working well, restarting time was much more than before...btw i got a 3d screen too.

thanks

Hey kingfish remove them first with ccleaner
Wlan and bluethoot
Then in device manger remove Them by Also checking "remove with driver"
Go to The asus G750jW download site there are Windows 8.1 drivers that works on JX
And they are verry recent.
Instal bluethoot And wlan
Disabel The drivers that pop-up in The Windows update they bug everything hide them
Bios Settings fast boot off secure boot off and The 2 that pop up Also like The other post here
Remove The hybernation files
Let me know how that works becaus we have The same model
And i am runnig now Windows 8.1 up-to-date nvidia 331.83 with no boot problems restart problems shutdown problems
And black screens and a damn size off 18 GB of Windows on my ssd i like lots of spa ce on a ssd

Faba002
01-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Also if you want This from The first time Goois
I suggest download The drivers download DDU
Download The nvidia driver and ccleaner
Then do a factory restore
Boot without internet set everything ready to boot in to safe mode
In safe mode DDU all nvidia drivers
Restart normal update to Windows 8.1
In Windows 8.1 remove wlan and bluethoot with ccleaner
And in Defice manger instal already downloaded Windows 8.1 drivers

hmscott
01-01-2014, 10:08 PM

thanks

kingfish, it turned out it wasn't so much the BT driver, it was the BT features turned on by the driver installer, from another thread:

G750 Win 8.1 hanging on Shutdown FIX

Update: The hang was traced to BT, and the good news is it isn't the BT driver per se, it is the BT features that get turned on every time you update the BT driver.

I usually disable all of these because I know I don't want them on, but the last time I did a Wifi update the BT update came along in the package and I didn't have time to go through the BT options dialogs to disable everything.

Via the systray BT icon => Settings - turned off everything I don't want on, and quick reboot came right back

BT features turned off:
1) Options Tab => Notification "Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect"
2) Share Tab => Turned off "Allow remote devices to browse, send, and receive pictures, music, and other files"
3) Share Tab => Turned off "All remote devices to use the printer connected to your computer"

A BT driver update shouldn't change your BT user preferences - especially ones that open up your security!

Anyway, not sure which one causes the hanging, but I don't want any of them on anyway :)

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?41783-G750-Win-8.1-hanging-on-Shutdown-FIX&p=354005&viewfull=1#post354005

Faba002
01-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Anyone tried already after fixing evrything to turn
The quikboot and bios secure settings back on ?
Or Will we need to wait for a asus fix

Faba002
01-01-2014, 10:46 PM
kingfish, it turned out it wasn't so much the BT driver, it was the BT features turned on by the driver installer, from another thread:

G750 Win 8.1 hanging on Shutdown FIX

Update: The hang was traced to BT, and the good news is it isn't the BT driver per se, it is the BT features that get turned on every time you update the BT driver.

Via the systray BT icon => Settings - turned off everything I don't want on, and quick reboot came right back

BT features turned off:
3) Share Tab => Turned off "All remote devices to use the printer connected to your computer"

A BT driver update shouldn't change your BT user preferences - especially ones that open up your security!

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?41783-G750-Win-8.1-hanging-on-Shutdown-FIX&p=354005&viewfull=1#post354005

It must be a very random problem on some same system models
I just installed New drivers and The problems where over
But good to know This Also fix it and i hope there wil be This year a
BIG patch that wil fix everything so we no longer need to fix Our own software bugs

hmscott
01-01-2014, 11:05 PM
It must be a very random problem on some same system models
I just installed New drivers and The problems where over
But good to know This Also fix it and i hope there wil be This year a
BIG patch that wil fix everything so we no longer need to fix Our own software bugs

Faba002, did you check your BT settings as I listed below, are any of them disabled already? I haven't taken the time to find out which one, or more, are actually responsible for causing the hanging - it might be only one of those settings - I don't need any of them so I disabled all.

I didn't change my drivers, all I did was disable the features. Here are the Qualcomm drivers I have loaded:

BT features turned off:

Faba002
01-01-2014, 11:12 PM
Likely as not, your config settings didn't change, so not so much random as different :)

Did you check your BT settings as I listed above, are any of them disabled already? I haven't taken the time to find out which one, or more, are actually responsible for causing the hanging - it might be only one of those settings - I don't need any of them so I disabled all.
My are all on and i dont have any problems anymore its very strange
But yea everyone can Disabel them if they still have problems
Maybe i wil need to Disabel them Also after some days
Its for The moment 2 days Stable here i let you all know if something changes

hmscott
01-01-2014, 11:19 PM
Anyone tried already after fixing evrything to turn
The quikboot and bios secure settings back on ?
Or Will we need to wait for a asus fix

Faba002, I didn't need those BIOS changes to get it to work. And, I would think you shouldn't either.

Now that you have it working, you can optimize the changes. Some BIOS changes require doing together, so you might try restoring all of them to defaults at once - in the last tab to the right you can set defaults and then save and restart.

The PXE boot option is only to allow booting from a bootp server on the network so you can install the OS over the network, so that can be individually restored to default.

hmscott
01-01-2014, 11:54 PM
My are all on and i dont have any problems anymore its very strange
But yea everyone can Disabel them if they still have problems
Maybe i wil need to Disabel them Also after some days
Its for The moment 2 days Stable here i let you all know if something changes

Faba002, can you please post a list of the BT/Wifi driver versions you have installed? It may be that in the latest version they fixed the problem that is also worked around on the older versions by turning off the features...

Just like you I have it working ok, so I don't want to make any changes right now either - I am back to work tomorrow and won't be able to spend time making fixes.

If your drivers are newer than mine, maybe I will give it a try...

Faba002
01-02-2014, 09:56 AM
here hmscott

I also saw that my ethernet driver was lower then your version I updated with windows driver search and its now a higher version
for the BT we have the same
But the wifi I have this one and you have a killer version its also not listed in my ccleaner just a driver like on the picture

hmscott
01-02-2014, 10:06 AM
here hmscott
I also saw that my ethernet driver was lower then your version I updated with windows driver search and its now a higher version
for the BT we have the same
But the wifi I have this one and you have a killer version its also not listed in my ccleaner just a driver like on the picture

Thanks Fab002, I wonder why you didn't have to disable the BT features like I did to get back fast reboot/shutdown.

Faba002
01-02-2014, 10:14 AM
Thanks Fab002, I wonder why you didn't have to disable the BT features like I did to get back fast reboot/shutdown.
can it be that we have a diffrent wifi adapter ?
the drivers are from my JX 8.1 location I now gonne instal the drivers from the JW 8.1 becaus they are newer
also do you have a problem with your tuchpad and your mouse ? after I activaded asus screen altert
I see when i start windows that i hear a USB disconect sound .. now with the screen alert i see that always windows boots my touchpad ativade then disable and activade again between those activation my asus rog mouse (that was included) stops working for like 25 sec

EDIT I am now on the most new drivers I can get

Nehmia
01-02-2014, 10:47 AM
On Windows 7 I have no problem even on my 3D Laptop.

it's just that sensitive / crappy Windows 8

Faba002
01-02-2014, 11:28 AM
On Windows 7 I have no problem even on my 3D Laptop.

it's just that sensitive / crappy Windows 8
yea i know my brother told me also to run windows 7 in virtual box to test the drivers ..
but after the bios change i saw that the boot up screen was In very low resolution after that I removed my Video drivers and then i saw ow it keeps in low resolution .. witout the bios change it was always in higher resolution like windows 8 had a fast video driver ready to instal over it now i was able to instal a fresh Nvidia 331.82 and now everything is working
i must say i use the drivers from JW model I dont know why asus dont update drivers for the JX o_O
now with your windows 7 you lost your windows 8 recovery partition ?

Faba002
01-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Faba002, I didn't need those BIOS changes to get it to work. And, I would think you shouldn't either.

Now that you have it working, you can optimize the changes. Some BIOS changes require doing together, so you might try restoring all of them to defaults at once - in the last tab to the right you can set defaults and then save and restart.

The PXE boot option is only to allow booting from a bootp server on the network so you can install the OS over the network, so that can be individually restored to default.

sorry i mist this post
I changed them back to default and then i get back problems with the video chip ( aka with flaches and stuck in boot) so i am still on this
SecureBoot=Disabled
Launch CSM = Enabled
but the boot and reboot and shut down is fast

Nehmia
01-02-2014, 05:09 PM
yea i know my brother told me also to run windows 7 in virtual box to test the drivers ..
but after the bios change i saw that the boot up screen was In very low resolution after that I removed my Video drivers and then i saw ow it keeps in low resolution .. witout the bios change it was always in higher resolution like windows 8 had a fast video driver ready to instal over it now i was able to instal a fresh Nvidia 331.82 and now everything is working
i must say i use the drivers from JW model I dont know why asus dont update drivers for the JX o_O
now with your windows 7 you lost your windows 8 recovery partition ?

recovery partition? LOL the first day I got my laptop which was 4 months back the first thing I did wa to format the laptop and remove the ASUS recovery partitions. Who wants a bloated ASUS install with outdated drivers? I always do clean installs.

best performance

Pjay12
01-03-2014, 06:39 AM
Just adding my 2 cents here - I'm running a pretty much flawless setup here. I have no problems at all.. Although I can't understand what the issue here is, I'd like to help anyone get their G750 running like mine. I've seen threads about gaming performance and stuff - I play CS:GO at well over a 100 fps on max settings, I play Battlefield 4 on ultra settings - both multiplayer and singleplayer with no lag at all. Its amazingly smooth. (If you want a few extra fps, set the default to ultra and then custom and reduce AA)

Anyway, my Nvidia driver is the same as Faba - 332.82

I compared my setup to his - I do not have the Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth suite thing. I've never had it. Laptop didn't even come with it installed. Instead I have - WIDCOMM bluetooth software. It works fine. Bluetooth is always on and doesn't interrupt anything. Boot time is under 5 sec. Might wanna look into that idk.

My touchpad driver is a lower version than Faba, but I have no problems with it when I do use it. I switch it off mostly but I do use it occasionally for browsing and for lock picking in Assassin's Creed. I switch it on and off several times and nothing is wrong.

There are a few other differences between my laptop and Faba, I just highlighted what I thought might be relevant. Also, the only Qualcomm entry I have is the ethernet/gigabyte thing.

Let me know if I can do anything else to help.

My machine is Asus G750JX-DB71. - (Edit - NOT 3D version - It makes my head hurt)

:)

Nehmia
01-03-2014, 06:51 AM
Just adding my 2 cents here - I'm running a pretty much flawless setup here. I have no problems at all.. Although I can't understand what the issue here is, I'd like to help anyone get their G750 running like mine. I've seen threads about gaming performance and stuff - I play CS:GO at well over a 100 fps on max settings, I play Battlefield 4 on ultra settings - both multiplayer and singleplayer with no lag at all. Its amazingly smooth. (If you want a few extra fps, set the default to ultra and then custom and reduce AA)

Anyway, my Nvidia driver is the same as Faba - 332.82

I compared my setup to his - I do not have the Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth suite thing. I've never had it. Laptop didn't even come with it installed. Instead I have - WIDCOMM bluetooth software. It works fine. Bluetooth is always on and doesn't interrupt anything. Boot time is under 5 sec. Might wanna look into that idk.

My touchpad driver is a lower version than Faba, but I have no problems with it when I do use it. I switch it off mostly but I do use it occasionally for browsing and for lock picking in Assassin's Creed. I switch it on and off several times and nothing is wrong.

There are a few other differences between my laptop and Faba, I just highlighted what I thought might be relevant. Also, the only Qualcomm entry I have is the ethernet/gigabyte thing.

Let me know if I can do anything else to help.

My machine is Asus G750JX-DB71. - (Edit - NOT 3D version - It makes my head hurt)

:)

this is the whole problem dude! you don't have a 3D laptop, so all what you posted is useless.

thanks for trying

Pjay12
01-03-2014, 06:57 AM
this is the whole problem dude! you don't have a 3D laptop, so all what you posted is useless.

thanks for trying

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! My bad.. :P Good luck

hmscott
01-03-2014, 07:06 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! My bad.. :P Good luck

Not a problem Pjay12, you need never feel bad about contributing, it is always helpful to someone. :)

Thanks for helping.

kingkaan
01-06-2014, 06:39 PM
i got a problem with this driver it works fine and all but i tried to roll back to 331.65 but it did not work i tried everything i used driver sweeper cc cleaner did a clean install but nvidia installer keeps failing to install the display driver of 331.65