PDA

View Full Version : Asus G750JW Screen issue

WinterMisha
12-28-2013, 07:48 PM
Hello!
Just got my G750JW from Ebay today and seems like screen is not working right...
Looks like the light from the inside of display lights outside somehow and makes everything really ugly...I am trying to ignore it but it gets really annoying and frustrating.. And its does not matter on what i am doing,watching a movie,restarting laptop,simply staring at desktop its wont go anywhere :(
Before purchase the laptop i asked seller if there any imperfections and he told me that laptop is like New and come direct from ASUS in sealed box!
So i don't know maybe its just me and its normal for Asus G750 Models?
There is Video so you can see what is going on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0bWnMgVj_U

Please if you have same issue or you know what the problem,leave comment below.
I do really appreciate your feedback's!
Thank you

hmscott
12-28-2013, 09:13 PM
Hello!
Just got my G750JW from Ebay today and seems like screen is not working right...
Looks like the light from the inside of display lights outside somehow and makes everything really ugly...I am trying to ignore it but it gets really annoying and frustrating.. And its does not matter on what i am doing,watching a movie,restarting laptop,simply staring at desktop its wont go anywhere :(
Before purchase the laptop i asked seller if there any imperfections and he told me that laptop is like New and come direct from ASUS in sealed box!
So i don't know maybe its just me and its normal for Asus G750 Models?
There is Video so you can see what is going on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0bWnMgVj_U

Please if you have same issue or you know what the problem,leave comment below.
I do really appreciate your feedback's!
Thank you

You have a screen fitting problem, you are getting backlight bleed on the bottom edge, very annoying. Pretty much nothing you can do, it needs to be disassembled and refitted - maybe even has a warped part - not something you can fix on your own - it needs to go back to Asus for RMA, or return to the vendor that sold it to you.

That is why I like buying a laptop from a regular brick and mortar store, so you can go back and complain - show them the problem - and return it for another fresh item. Now you need to box it up and ship it, and wait either for a refund or for an Asus RMA to fix the problem.

If you can return it, try to purchase it from a local vendor, pay a little more and get the ability to get support locally. And, this time check it out at the store before you take it home. Insist on that. They may make you pay for it first, but don't leave with the laptop till you are happy with it.

WinterMisha
12-28-2013, 11:15 PM
Hello.
That what i thought ..
Going to send it back next week!
Waited for it 8 days and now its going to take another 2 weeks or more ...
very upset ..
Thank you

hmscott
12-29-2013, 01:23 AM
Hello.
That what i thought ..
Going to send it back next week!
Waited for it 8 days and now its going to take another 2 weeks or more ...
very upset ..
Thank you

This is rare, but can be common in a particular batch, you might want to make sure you get one from another vendor... unless this vendor is willing to unbox the new replacement before shipping it to make sure the replacement is tight. You might think they would be tempted to send you an open box replacement - which is why I like to go in person to a local shop to see the process for myself.

WinterMisha
12-29-2013, 01:41 AM
Hello.
Your so right!
Here is a little story:
October 25 2013 i purchase Lenovo Y500 GT750m SLI from Ebay! One Year warranty and again seller describe as excellent condition and come direct from Lenovo in sealed box. And it had a bump on it... As always i tried to ignore it but come on i just bought it and it already has a bump!
So i asked for replacement and he send me another one.
This time i had terrible overheating issue like 98c /208F ...
So its took me more the a month and i waste 71$ for shipping 2 times... very upset Never Lenovo again...
And now this one ... Like come on 3d laptop and each describe as Manufacture refurbished Direct from Manufacture Excellent condition or like new...
and now after i am gonna ship the 3d laptop back its gonna be 100$+ just right in to the trash can .
So i don't even know now ... what do i do? take my money back or ask for replacement? and what if the replacement gonna have some other issue.....
its been almost 3 month since i am trying to buy laptop from Ebay!
By the way laptop still have a warranty but many people complain about ASUS costumer service and say that it takes for ever....
Thank you

hmscott
12-29-2013, 01:46 AM
Hello.
Your so right!
Here is a little story:
October 25 2013 i purchase Lenovo Y500 GT750m SLI from Ebay! One Year warranty and again seller describe as excellent condition and come direct from Lenovo in sealed box. And it had a bump on it... As always i tried to ignore it but come on i just bought it and it already has a bump!
So i asked for replacement and he send me another one.
This time i had terrible overheating issue like 98c /208F ...
So its took me more the a month and i waste 71$ for shipping 2 times... very upset Never Lenovo again...
And now this one ... Like come on 3d laptop and each describe as Manufacture refurbished Direct from Manufacture Excellent condition or like new...
and now after i am gonna ship the 3d laptop back its gonna be 100$+ just right in to the trash can .
So i don't even know now ... what do i do? take my money back or ask for replacement? and what if the replacement gonna have some other issue.....
its been almost 3 month since i am trying to buy laptop from Ebay!
Thank you

At this point my patience would be running thin, so I would get my money back and sit for a few days and think carefully on my next move.

I have had good luck mail ordering from newegg, microcenter, tigerdirect, and others, so I can't say you should give up on mail order, but then again, I have also enjoyed the instant connection I can make with local businesses - sometimes I can't find what I need locally and have no choice.

Do you have a local seller within a days drive round trip that you can purchase one directly? Some of the mailorder places are local to where I am so I can drive in and at least Will Call it (order online and pickup locally) - they don't have a showroom, but at least you can see what you are getting before accepting delivery.

WinterMisha
12-29-2013, 02:03 AM
Hello.
There is Best Buy 1h Drive from me.
But new g750JW gonna cost me around 1350$ + or more after tax when this one is Manufacturer refurbished 1049$ so its 300$ difference..
I have 2 choices : send it back for warranty direct to the ASUS and wait for ever ... People saying that's might take a few month... OR ask for replacement and be ready for another issue...
I am so lost...
Thank you

hmscott
12-29-2013, 04:36 AM
Hello.
There is Best Buy 1h Drive from me.
But new g750JW gonna cost me around 1350$ + or more after tax when this one is Manufacturer refurbished 1049$ so its 300$ difference..
I have 2 choices : send it back for warranty direct to the ASUS and wait for ever ... People saying that's might take a few month... OR ask for replacement and be ready for another issue...
I am so lost...
Thank you

WinterMisha, now you know why it is $300 cheaper. If you can put up with the pain of swapping through other peoples rejects until you get one you can live with, then time is all you loose.

On the bright side you can get a lot of experience on all the failure modes for the G750's, and learn how to fix them. You will get good at reloading the OS and reconfiguring it quickly from machine to machine. And, eventually the guys selling you these things may have mercy on you and give you a clean one - they only send out the irregulars until they realize you won't keep one. That is, if they have a clean one to send you.

Best Buy people are the best (no jk), they always do whatever they can to get you the best price and make you happy. You could do much worse than investing that $300 in a long term BestBuy relationship. And, if you explain your plight, they might take off $100, or even 10% if you ask nicely after briefly explaining your past disappointments.

Plus, BestBuy will let you test the unit before you leave the store, and tell you ahead of time if they have stock to replace the one they are selling you should it not be to your satisfaction. Always ask about that - if they don't have back up stock you could be driving further to another BestBuy.

It looks like they have the G750JW-DB71 for $125 off right now!:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/rog-17-3-laptop-12gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive/9560016.p?id=1219021957327&skuId=9560016&st=g750jw&cp=1&lp=10

I always call and ask them to hold one under my name / phone number before driving in, and ask the stocking quantity question and if I can open / test it before I leave before driving in.

You then have the name of a Manager and at least one tech person to ask for when you get in. Ask for cards / contact info and remember their names - they are your long term support people and if you work fairly with them and become a valued customer they will be a resource that can help you and be on the lookout for hard to get items for years to come.

You may even make a real friend :)

Let us know what you decide!

WinterMisha
12-30-2013, 08:07 PM
Hello.
Well i asked seller for the replacement 3 days ago and still haven't hear from him..
So i have to create Case against him on Ebay.. Will see what he is going to say now.
I am still going to try get a replacement from him but for the future i will never again buy a refurbished item or anything from Ebay...
Better to save little bit more money and buy from a store brand new one!
Thank you!

hmscott
12-30-2013, 08:34 PM
Hello.
Well i asked seller for the replacement 3 days ago and still haven't hear from him..
So i have to create Case against him on Ebay.. Will see what he is going to say now.
I am still going to try get a replacement from him but for the future i will never again buy a refurbished item or anything from Ebay...
Better to save little bit more money and buy from a store brand new one!
Thank you!

You might go light on the pressure for the next few days as far as the ebay seller, it is the holiday, and I know at least one example of an active Ebay person that isn't going to be servicing requests until Thu/Fri, perhaps even the weekend due to travel.

There are times I get the odd item as a return at Fry's Electronics, or a refurb/demo item if that is all that is available, but iit is rare and I always pull it out and power it up before i leave.

You might consider waiting a week or two and looking to CES / Asus releases - I don't know anything specifically, but in general this is the time of year for new announcements - I should mention that usually the actual street dates are months away :)

WinterMisha
01-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Hello
So i just got the replacement and it has exactly the same problem...
I asked seller to double check for backlight bleeds..
But its not all.. on top of it laptop has weird micro noise....Its sounds like old tv but very quiet and its stops ever sec and then coming back.very annoying ..I can record it to show you
What do i do.... what the problem?very upset
Thank you

WinterMisha
01-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Hello.
I am pretty much sure its coming from the fan I know that.
its coming from the fan I know that.
The sound goes on and off repeatedly like Bzzzzz bz bzbzbzbzbzbz silence for one second then repeats.
And i don't even do anything just simply staring on desctop.
Please help..
Thank you