PDA

View Full Version : Solved headphone noise issue, but....

Kecken
12-29-2013, 10:44 AM
Hi friends,

i "solved" that headphone noise issue everyone is having by simply deinstalling the realtek driver. I now us a 250ohm beyerdynamic headphone, so there is no noise for me left. On the other hand the maxx audio EQ is gone now, which does really sucks as it blew the sound amazingly. So my question now is: do you have any idea if one could keep maxxaudio and configure it without having that hiss noise? Because it's all about that realtek driver, and maybe we could figure out how do configure it? Or is it possible to have maxxaudio without that other realtek stuff? The sound with standard windows driver is really standard :(

Best regards!

hmscott
12-29-2013, 11:04 AM
Hi friends,

i "solved" that headphone noise issue everyone is having by simply deinstalling the realtek driver. I now us a 250ohm beyerdynamic headphone, so there is no noise for me left. On the other hand the maxx audio EQ is gone now, which does really sucks as it blew the sound amazingly. So my question now is: do you have any idea if one could keep maxxaudio and configure it without having that hiss noise? Because it's all about that realtek driver, and maybe we could figure out how do configure it? Or is it possible to have maxxaudio without that other realtek stuff? The sound with standard windows driver is really standard :(

Best regards!

The main hiss issue is due to low impedance headphones, your 250 ohm headphones should be high enough impedance to work aok with the audio amplifier, after installing/enabling the Realtek driver

Here is that post on how to disable power saving mode in the Windows registry while on AC for the Realtek driver - cuts out the crackle when the power saving mode kicks in.
http://forum.notebookreview.com/hardware-components-aftermarket-upgrades/587521-fix-realtek-sound-popping-high-pitched-tone-squeal.html

There are a lot of other postings about Realtek crackle squeal, but I think therein lies madness... so be warned :)
https://www.google.com/search?num=50&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=P5u&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=realtek+crackle+noise+fix&oq=realtek+crackle+noise+fix&gs_l=serp.3..0i22i30.5551.10877.0.11049.25.19.3.1. 1.1.187.2040.9j10.19.0....0...1c.1.32.serp..8.17.1 407.YTbEmBcY8_o

I am using the newest Realtek .7083 release from realtek.tw, installed over the last Asus .7040 release, so I still have the ROG branded logo stuff:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High%20Definition%20Audio%20Codecs

I now drive my headphones using the SPDIF optical output of the headphone jack, completely removing the audio amplifier from the sound chain. You could drive your headphones with a receiver or other decoder and drive your headphones with an external audio amplifier.

Kecken
12-29-2013, 07:55 PM
I also thought that the problem is based only on the low impedance of the headphones - that's why i was buying 250ohm headphones. But after putting them into the laptop i thought SA&)%$"!SD"$ :D. It really just stopped for me after deinstalling the Realtek driver. Thanks for the other thread too, maybe some of that solutions will work for me. If i am successful in one of them i let y'all know :)

hmscott
12-30-2013, 06:26 AM
I also thought that the problem is based only on the low impedance of the headphones - that's why i was buying 250ohm headphones. But after putting them into the laptop i thought SA&)%$"!SD"$ :D. It really just stopped for me after deinstalling the Realtek driver. Thanks for the other thread too, maybe some of that solutions will work for me. If i am successful in one of them i let y'all know :)

Kecken, many people have reported personal comparisons between low / high ohm headphone experiences, some only 16 ohm vs 40 ohm - where the 40 ohm was much better, is it possible you were sold 250 ohm headphones, but received the low impedance version?

You didn't say which model Beyerdynamic you bought, but here is an an example with a 32 ohm, 250 ohm, and 600 ohm version:
http://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-DT-880-Premium-250/dp/B000F2BLTM

It is also possible there is actually something wrong with that particular laptop - another person reported a bad batch of G750's that had incurable noise, not just hiss, in the headphone jack.

Kecken
12-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Hi Scott,

i bought DT 770 250ohm headphones :). Since having deleting the realtek driver everything is fine, beside the audio quality has not that much bounce :/. But hiss noises are completely gone. I reinstalled it for a recheck and the noise was coming back, so i deinstalled again. BTW: no of the mentioned solutions worked for me...so right now i go without that amazing maxx EQ :(.

hmscott
12-30-2013, 02:36 PM
Hi Scott,

i bought DT 770 250ohm headphones :). Since having deleting the realtek driver everything is fine, beside the audio quality has not that much bounce :/. But hiss noises are completely gone. I reinstalled it for a recheck and the noise was coming back, so i deinstalled again. BTW: no of the mentioned solutions worked for me...so right now i go without that amazing maxx EQ :(.

Kecken, you might consider contacting Asus for an RMA to get the audio fixed. It shouldn't be noisy except with a low impedance headphone.

Kecken
12-30-2013, 08:01 PM
Kecken View Post, you might consider contacting Asus for an RMA to get the audio fixed. It shouldn't be noisy except with a low impedance headphone.As it works fine for me without the realtek driver i will not give it away for weeks, i need if for work^^.

hmscott
12-30-2013, 08:40 PM
As it works fine for me without the realtek driver i will not give it away for weeks, i need if for work^^.

Ahh, yeah waiting for shipping/fix/shipping can take a while. Do you have an Asus repair depot within driving distance? I was able to drop off and pickup in Fremont/Milpitas California, and I know there are other locations around the world, it might be worth looking into the Asus website for repair depot locations.

Glad to hear you have a fix that works for you :)

Loneone
01-17-2014, 02:02 PM
Hello,
Glad I have found this post, I have the same problem and it drives me nuts. I also have this one:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?37951-Speakers-make-quot-Pop-quot-noise-when-computer-is-turned-on-ASUS-G750JX

I am french, that would explain my english, so I apologize.
Like you I need this computer for work and unfortunately I use headphone everyday...
I have tried what you said about uninstalling the driver, and it works in a way, the wind sounds is almost no more there... but the sounds is kind flat...
Have you find any other solution ?
Have tried with a USB audio card ?

Thanks a lot for your response,
Have a nice day

Kecken
01-27-2014, 08:31 AM
Hi Loneone,

i haven't tried yet other solutions. The only solution i found is that i use an equalizer of my audioplayer to get at least a good sound when hearing music. I also need my headphones every day, so the whole audio thing is absolutely a mess. I have no clue what else to do, beside uninstalling the realtek-driver and live with that crappy flat sound. I tried to find an equalizer which applies to the whole windows-system, but haven't found one i understand, so sorry to say that i dont know nothing more. For me the strange thing is that i use 250Ohm headphones and it isn't working like for other users.

Best regards!

sevymar
01-27-2014, 04:09 PM
I have updated the realtek drivers to v6.0.1.7095 (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017095.zip) then i disabled AudioWizard (MAXXAudio) because somehow that destroys the sound i get on my headphones. (Steelseries Siberia V2), so i'm basically just listening with the default settings and the sound is about the same (if not the same) as what i've been used to.

olvrick
01-27-2014, 05:18 PM
What noise are you all talking about? Ive recently bought G750JX and have no issues at all.
Im using Sennheiser PX95 headphones(8Ohm i guess) and no background noise.