PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Downgrade????

tjnels5_03
12-30-2013, 02:48 PM
hi, just purchased a new ASUS G750J series laptop. i love it and is fit for everything i use it for. but i am having issues with some of resent uses and most of it is compatibility with windows 8. i like the platform of it but it is just going to be a big problem with some of my uses. what would it take to install windows 7??? will it work? are all the drivers available for windows 7? any info would be great.

thanks

Maxter
12-30-2013, 07:29 PM
If you search the forums, there is a post by a dude that already answered all your questions. He also lists all the working drivers for Win7 and where to get them.

Nehmia
12-30-2013, 07:31 PM
If you search the forums, there is a post by a dude that already answered all your questions. He also lists all the working drivers for Win7 and where to get them.

uhhh,, did you even click the link above??????? it has everything needed

Maxter
12-30-2013, 07:31 PM
The question is why downgrade? Win8 = Win7 + Metro. The metro screen sux... u can remove it and control the behavior of the chime (corners of the screen) with classic shell. I haven't had any issues with Win8 (once classic shell is running, it's just like Win7). I don't know about 8.1, however... still reluctant to install.

Maxter
12-30-2013, 07:35 PM
uhhh,, did you even click the link above??????? it has everything needed
uuuuuh..... obviously I didn't.

Maxter
12-30-2013, 07:40 PM
Here is a more straight forward installation of Win 7 + working drivers than the link posted above (assuming you got the JX, you only put J), as found in this forum: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?40168-Downgrading-Complete-set-of-W7-64bit-Drivers-in-RAR-Usefull-Asus-Software&highlight=clean+windows