PDA

View Full Version : New ASUS ROG G750JX - Battery not charging

eyeWired
12-30-2013, 07:58 PM
I bought a G750 about a month ago and just earlier this week I've started having some battery issues.

The battery basically will not charge. It says "Plugged In, Charging 0%" and it will not charge at all.

If I unplug the laptop it will immediately shut off. I've tried removing the battery and inserting it back in but that didn't help.

Anyone else have this issue? Is it a bad battery? Should I just hit up ASUS tech support, it should still be under warranty, I hope, I just bought it a month ago.

Thanks...

hmscott
12-30-2013, 08:43 PM
I bought a G750 about a month ago and just earlier this week I've started having some battery issues.

The battery basically will not charge. It says "Plugged In, Charging 0%" and it will not charge at all.

If I unplug the laptop it will immediately shut off. I've tried removing the battery and inserting it back in but that didn't help.

Anyone else have this issue? Is it a bad battery? Should I just hit up ASUS tech support, it should still be under warranty, I hope, I just bought it a month ago.

Thanks...

eyeWired, yup, it sounds like an Asus / hardware fix is required. It would be nice if you can figure out if it is the power adapter, do you have access to another to try? If you swap out the adapter, and it still doesn't charge you would then swap out the battery with another to see if it is the battery - otherwise it is the charging circuit which means an RMA trip for the laptop...

I purchase an extra power adapter and battery for my laptops. The 2nd adapter for the G750JH went on sale a short while ago, and the battery is supposed to release in January, so that is too late to help you right now.

There aren't many parts for G750's available yet, but there are a few:
http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=search_list&s[search]=g750&s[title]=Y&s[short_desc]=Y&s[full_desc]=Y&s[sku]=Y&s[match]=all&s[cid]=0

Do you have a shop or a friend nearby that can swap components with you to test what is failing?

sasuke256
12-30-2013, 09:40 PM
faulty battery as far as i can see..

reka121402
12-30-2013, 10:43 PM
Do you have a Best Buy that sells the G750 or a Microcenter near you? If so they will let you try out their power adapters and batteries for troubleshooting purposes, if you purchased it from a brick and mortar store they should even let you keep the working part, it's just good business.

Tori17991
01-05-2014, 02:52 PM
I got the same problem. Shows that battery is inserted. Says "AC connected, not charging". Battery life at 0%. I tried with another adapter but that didnt work either.

Sent an email ti ASUS tech support, they said I should try "power cycle", remove the battery and AC then hold down the power-button for 20sec.
Aaaaaaaand that didnt work either...

felipecalani
04-27-2014, 02:32 AM
I have the same problem !!! Is there any solution for this ??
0% plugged in not charging ...

Tried many things, like the power cycle and nothing ...

I don't think it's a battery's problem ... 6 months of use ... always used AC, not battery (like 4 or 5 times only).

I guess it's like bad recognition by OS or something.

I'm going to try live chat support ... anyone has a good experience with support ?

Best Regards from Brazil !

dest1ny
05-14-2014, 02:06 PM
I have the same problem here. Battery wont charge. Someone can help us?

Thanks

Bruno2284
05-20-2014, 06:25 PM
Same thing here, Just got the laptop today and try to turn it on and it would die, after 20 tries, I got the laptop to come on, did the initial set-up, then it shows plug in and battery at 0%. Getting a new one shipped to me tomorrow.....

hmscott
05-20-2014, 09:57 PM
Same thing here, Just got the laptop today and try to turn it on and it would die, after 20 tries, I got the laptop to come on, did the initial set-up, then it shows plug in and battery at 0%. Getting a new one shipped to me tomorrow.....

Bruno2284, sorry to hear that, which model is it?

Let us know if the new one works ok for you :)

Maxter
05-20-2014, 10:09 PM
If your battery is not charging it usually means the battery is dead. The redox chemistry is not happening. Definitely a hardware issue... Bummer. The "power cycle" thing they make you do is to waste your time in any case - lols?

fanelu
05-31-2014, 12:17 PM
I have the same issue... Weird that so many people complain of the same problem.

I've always detached battery from my G750JH when it was connected to the power since on my previous laptop I learned the hard way that this is how you extend your battery life (battery wouldn't last more than 30min after just 1 year of using batt+charger at the same time).

By the way, my G750JH is like 6 months old...

Now, i needed to use my laptop on battery and all i get is a few seconds of apparent charging then the message, 13% available (plugged in, charging) but no charging is happening. If i disconnect the charger the laptop dies instantly.

I've written to Asus Support but was wondering if anybody has had a resolution yet.

hmscott
05-31-2014, 11:52 PM
I have the same issue... Weird that so many people complain of the same problem.

I've always detached battery from my G750JH when it was connected to the power since on my previous laptop I learned the hard way that this is how you extend your battery life (battery wouldn't last more than 30min after just 1 year of using batt+charger at the same time).

By the way, my G750JH is like 6 months old...

Now, i needed to use my laptop on battery and all i get is a few seconds of apparent charging then the message, 13% available (plugged in, charging) but no charging is happening. If i disconnect the charger the laptop dies instantly.

I've written to Asus Support but was wondering if anybody has had a resolution yet.

fanelu, battery failure and/or charging system failure on the laptop motherboard are pretty common failures for all laptops, so it isn't unusual, it sucks - but the way to debug it...

1) If you have a brick and mortar place nearby that carries G750's you can go in and swap batteries with one of their new ones, and see if your charging circuit in your G750JH charges it - and visa versa - put your "bad" battery in one of their G750's and see if it charges your battery - you are doing this to figure out if it is the battery that won't take a charge - or if it is the charging circuit in your laptop that is the problem.

The JH/JZ uses a larger power adapter, but the batteries are all the same.

I always recommend purchasing a 2nd battery and power adapter for laptops, because if either one goes bad your laptop becomes useless... here is where to get them from Asus.

http://eshop.asus.com

Choose your country/region and search for G750

In the US, this is the link to new battery / power adapter for the JH
(that region site isn't responding right now, I will update this post later :)

If you have a friend that has a G750, he can help you out too :)

You want to debug to the cause of the problem between the battery and the laptop so you can give that info to Asus for RMA, it saves time and increases the likelihood of successful repair/replacement.

The quickest fix if you determine the battery is the problem is to get a replacement battery to use while Asus is replacing the bad one.

Let us know how it works out!

gdothello
06-18-2014, 05:27 AM
I had a similar issue with my battery after 7 months of owning my laptop. It drained down to 0% and the battery indicator would light up orange with an occasional green blink. My battery status showed "charging," however, would never go past 0%. I tried several of the "fixes" provided on this and other threads and was met with negative results. The same "fixes" were given to me by tech support. In the end, I was provided with an RMA # and I returned my battery. After receiving a new one, the problem was solved! The new battery charged fine with no issues.

fragnot
08-15-2014, 07:32 PM
I have the EXACT same problem with my semi new G750JX.

2 questions :

I have uninstalled Win 8,1 and running Windows 7 - can this affect my problem ?

Ive tried googling after a new battery, but it seems hard to find. I can find many sites that sells for the old G75 models, but not the new G750.

Can anyone help me with that ?

hmscott
08-17-2014, 10:12 AM
...Ive tried googling after a new battery, but it seems hard to find. I can find many sites that sells for the old G75 models, but not the new G750. Can anyone help me with that ?

http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=6392