PDA

View Full Version : RED LINE on my G750JW screen

cheito3
12-31-2013, 01:58 AM
Hello, i recently bought a g750JW and its been like 5 months now, today a thin vertical red line appeard just out of nowhere but, its just on colored pictures, for expample: on the folders window as it is white the red line does not appear, some as when the mouse goes over it and white internet websites like google, i would attach pictures but the line does not show up in pictures. please help me i already tried restarting.

dont know if it helps, but it appeared just after a League Of Legends game ended.

hmscott
12-31-2013, 03:07 AM
Hello, i recently bought a g750JW and its been like 5 months now, today a thin vertical red line appeard just out of nowhere but, its just on colored pictures, for expample: on the folders window as it is white the red line does not appear, some as when the mouse goes over it and white internet websites like google, i would attach pictures but the line does not show up in pictures. please help me i already tried restarting.

dont know if it helps, but it appeared just after a League Of Legends game ended.

Without seeing it it is hard to resolve to the exact reason it is doing it, but if it is happening on desktop, apps, games it is in the video card display chain so you will need to contact Asus - take a photo with your camera phone - close up and near so they can see the detail - a few in different programs would be nice, and then they will respond.

If you can determine if it is heat related tell them that too - like during heavy gaming and then it shows up on the desktop for a while, and as the laptop cools off it goes away - that would be heat related - kind of like the anomalies you see when Overclocking the GPU / GPU_memory if you OC too far it shows up as tears in the graphics or sparkles - if you are seeing those at normal clock speeds it is a problem that needs to be fixed.

Register your laptop with Asus if you haven't already: http://vip.asus.com

Then file a Technical Inquiry and upload a zip of the photos to them.

Let us know how this works out for you. I wouldn't wait to long - these things have a habit of growing in nature over time so best to get it done soon.

PS: You have 2 top level posts about this problem, you probably want to delete one :)
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?42017-ed-line-across-my-g750JW-laptop&p=356087&viewfull=1#post356087

Pierre990429
12-31-2013, 01:49 PM
Probably a whole vertical line (top to bottom of the screen, right?) of stuck sub-pixels. The LCD screen is faulty and must be replaced. It's normal it doesn't show the same on all background colors. Happened to me several times with other laptops (Dell) and other screens (LG).
Classical "type of failure" for a LCD screen.

Can you see it at boot or in BIOS? That would be the proof of the physical damage of the screen.

example : http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/22/dell_probes_inspiron_screen_problem/

cheito3
12-31-2013, 03:51 PM
Probably a whole vertical line (top to bottom of the screen, right?) of stuck sub-pixels. The LCD screen is faulty and must be replaced. It's normal it doesn't show the same on all background colors. Happened to me several times with other laptops (Dell) and other screens (LG).
Classical "type of failure" for a LCD screen.

Can you see it at boot or in BIOS? That would be the proof of the physical damage of the screen.

example : http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/22/dell_probes_inspiron_screen_problem/

Yes i can see it in BIOS, its definetly a hardware problem then right? what can i do? i purchased it in august this year, do you know how long is the warranty for these laptops?

Chino
12-31-2013, 04:20 PM
Yes i can see it in BIOS, its definetly a hardware problem then right?
Definately. RMA your laptop.

Shawnnepc
12-31-2013, 04:43 PM
Yes i can see it in BIOS, its definetly a hardware problem then right? what can i do? i purchased it in august this year, do you know how long is the warranty for these laptops?

Typically 1yr

You'll need to RMA it for sure, the screen is failing.