PDA

View Full Version : G74sx Ac Adapter

vincentcloud
12-31-2013, 08:17 PM
I have a G74sx and my power cord went bad(I believe has a short, there a crimp on the cable). So I order the exact game model of cable and it came in the mail and connector is L shaped and not straight. It powers it for awhile then if I move the laptop it will stop and I have to jiggle it to get it to charge again, its getting really annoying. I have see on the estore the wattage is 180W but my adapter is 150W (Watts Amps x Volts) ( 7.7A x 19.5v 150.15 watts). My pin on the motherboard is perfect fine (it doesnt budge when gently attempt to move so see if it was that). I have used compressed air to make sure not obstructions and doesn't appear to the be the case. Both has Asus name on them. Anyone know of a working adapter that I don't have to "jiggle" to get to work that isn't super expensive. I don't mind paying less that 75 for one as long as it works, any advise to help would be appreciated.

indianacarnie
12-31-2013, 10:09 PM
I would RMA the new cord and get one of the correct wattage.

vincentcloud
12-31-2013, 11:49 PM
sorry not familiar with the term RMA? Also the original power cord is also 150 watts which do I believe it is the correct wattage

indianacarnie
01-01-2014, 04:52 AM
RMA means return it to the manufacturer/retailer you bought it from. I'm sorry I must have misread your earlier. Thought you said 180w. I would still return it and see if the new one works better.

Pitcher@asus
01-02-2014, 02:33 AM
i suggest you contact with asus service center and send your laptop ans adapter to there, not sure is adapter or mb damage.