PDA

View Full Version : G75VX monitor and KB issues

darkhello
01-02-2014, 11:30 AM
G75VX issues (monitor and backlights)
I'll get straight to the chase. I bought this from Newegg as a referbed model. I've owned this for about 4 months, loving everything about it except for two things.

Keyboard: I have no backlights on my keyboard or something. I have tried FN+F4, FN+F3, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the most recent ATK version, I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the Keyboard driver, no luck. The keyboard doesn't flash after POST. I updated my BIOS to 206 from 204. No luck.I've heard of Gary Key, but that pertains more to the G73JH and I don't want to find out the hard way that it doesn't pertain to me. I've also heard rumor that the batch of referbed G75VXs that came from NewEgg actually had their cables flipped... But any other suggestions? If the cable is completely broken, does anyone know of a place where I can buy a replacement cable?

Monitor: I have the dreaded black horizontal lines when the contrast is very low. Ideas?

**************UPDATE: I actually did fix the black lines, however I brought upon myself an annoying flickering in the screen, along with some contrast issues. It's not as noticeable as the dang lines, but still semi irritating. Willing to post some screenies of how to fix, if anyone's interested/having the same issues.

Any suggestions, guys?

cl-Albert
01-02-2014, 08:36 PM
Hi, as far as the keyboard light issue goes, unfortunately, if you're not seeing the keyboard lights flash at power-up, it sounds like there is some kind of hardware problem which might require sending it back to ASUS to solve.

If you want to send me a PM at cl-Albert with your notebook serial number, I can try to get a better idea of the problem.

Hopefully, I'm wrong and you can find a solution, but if you're located in the U.S. and interested in sending it back to ASUS for the keyboard light issue, feel free to drop me a PM to discuss some options.
On the bright side it normally will not be an expensive fix or require any hardware replacement, but repair would need to check your unit first to be sure of the problem and solution.

Good luck!