PDA

View Full Version : G74SX BBK11 Problem

eektjk
01-03-2014, 01:11 AM
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but hey, I am new here.

I have a G74SX BBK11 that I am getting ready to upgrade. I recently took it apart to clean it out, no problem. Put back together, no problem. Boots up like it did before. I had two screws that I did not put back in place, both went to the keyboard. No big deal, pulled it apart, put them in and reassembled. That's where the problem started. It wouldn't turn on. Nothing. The power supply works fine but there is nothing happening with the machine. I figured I hit the ribbon cable for the power so I pulled it apart and checked everything. I turned it on to see and it booted right up into bios like I expected. Put it back together, nothing. I did it again and with the machine taken apart it would boot into bios but when I put it back together, again, nothing. After putting it back together I removed the HDD to see if that was the problem but, nothing. I am completely lost at this point. The only thing that changes from disassembly to reassembly is the HDD, screen, optical drive and all the screws are put back in place. other than that nothing got disconnected. Any thoughts?????

Pitcher@asus
01-03-2014, 02:44 AM
please check when you reassembled all screw and cable correct install and have not break, damage or crush.

eektjk
01-03-2014, 05:06 AM
I have looked everything over but I will look again to be sure.