PDA

View Full Version : laptop use on bed - pad?

murnz
01-03-2014, 09:31 AM
Hi all,

I have a Asus G750JW and I am thrilled with it so far!

I do a fair bit of gaming and graphics work, and was wanting to use this laptop in bed as well.

Can anyone recommend something for the laptop to sit on while I am using it on bed?

Requirements:

Lightweight
IF it has fans; need to be very quiet
Comfy to use on lap while in bed
Provide adequate ventilation like a desk would.
Able to easily fit Asus G750JW notebook

Tom Windschitl
01-04-2014, 04:41 AM
Try this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002NU5O9C/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Darnassus
01-04-2014, 07:37 AM
I just use a piece of glass. If you're ever walking down the street and see a cabinet with glass doors, take it off and take it home.. give it a wash and then stick it under the laptop. Make sure it's a sturdy piece, not those thin types that break easily. I usually tell by the smoothed edges and the dull color.

Not recommended but if you get my soundwave it's a pretty nice way to go. It also keeps cooler than wood and best of all, it's freeeee.

Soon I'll be getting myself a Zalman NC2000 though.

I also use a piece of glass for my Razer Goliathus, keeps the mat 100% flat and the glass is thin, so it's comfy for my wrist.

kingfish
01-04-2014, 12:16 PM
i use nothing but my bed sheet for the laptop, just make sure you have ample space for the airflow at the back, i never user cooling fan under because the air goes through the keys. Sometime i put laminated wood under just so the laptop is on even ground. I use G700s mouse with Rocat pad and a wood under also. I play game for like 3 hour, work for like 3 hours and sometimes render for like overnight.

The effect? The top cover on the back of the monitor has 5 screws, 3 in the center, 2 on each side. Those screw at the side was broken. That's I'm looking if some one is selling this plastic cover. I think i saw it before here.

:)

hmscott
01-04-2014, 01:16 PM
I just use a piece of glass. If you're ever walking down the street and see a cabinet with glass doors, take it off and take it home.. give it a wash and then stick it under the laptop. Make sure it's a sturdy piece, not those thin types that break easily. I usually tell by the smoothed edges and the dull color.

Not recommended but if you get my soundwave it's a pretty nice way to go. It also keeps cooler than wood and best of all, it's freeeee.

Soon I'll be getting myself a Zalman NC2000 though.

I also use a piece of glass for my Razer Goliathus, keeps the mat 100% flat and the glass is thin, so it's comfy for my wrist.

Glass is very dangerous. Rolled over a sheet used for that purpose, fortunately it was between bed coverings. When you fall asleep you roll around, and if you forget to take the glass off the bed.... you get the idea.

I use a large coffee table book, which can double as sleep time entertainment as well, or a Thick wood plank. I used to cut them for many purposes to act as a pedestal for devices - it's amazing how handy the right sized / weight plank of wood is :)