PDA

View Full Version : Multiple BSODs

angrylemon
01-07-2014, 04:38 PM
My G750JX has been playing up since day 1 (2 months ago), I had it sent into RMA where all they did was factory reset without checking my logs etc. I recently got it back and the errors have been returning. The main issue is I am unable to pin point what the issue is exactly. All of my current logs can be downloaded below.

https://www.mediafire.com/?9zrea7b8rcmt495

Thanks

Edit: All my drivers have been updated from this site also.

Prostar Computer
01-07-2014, 04:48 PM
I suspect RAM. Your dump files are inconsistent; some are ntoskrnl related, one appeared related to the Bigfoot Killer driver, another to NVidia, etc. Usually lack of congruity in the blue screens points to one or more bad memory modules.

You can test with MemTest86+, or try swapping the modules out.

angrylemon
01-07-2014, 04:51 PM
I suspect RAM. Your dump files are inconsistent; some are ntoskrnl related, one appeared related to the Bigfoot Killer driver, another to NVidia, etc. Usually lack of congruity in the blue screens points to one or more bad memory modules.

Have tried MemTest86+ before and nothing came up which was strange, one of my logs points to "Probably caused by : hardware ( athw8x+27a81b )", which would be my WLAN.

Shawnnepc
01-07-2014, 05:50 PM

Could also be HDD related as well.

IF that drive is faulting it could throw up random BSODS based on what the system was doing @ the time of fault.

Have tried MemTest86+ before and nothing came up which was strange, one of my logs points to "Probably caused by : hardware ( athw8x+27a81b )", which would be my WLAN.

How long did you run memtest for?

I typically run it for 24hrs on our new systems shortly after assembly.

cheatermclaggin
01-07-2014, 06:13 PM
I had the same problem with my tower computer it would blue screen and give me different errors the errors where based off what ever was last using the ram before it did the memory dump and blue screen. I fixed the issue by replacing the sticks of memory. I also found it only did it when the sticks of memory where in duel channel mode as it seemed there was a problem with the stick of memory while it was being used in duel channel. I had errors for all sorts of stuff while checking it and running memtest came up with nothing. it didnt crash all the time. Some times it would go a while with out crashing but then i would reboot it and have it crash four times in a row. if it is memory i hope its the ones on the buttom by the hard drives because the ones under the keyboard are hard to get to. just to give it a quick check if you have memory installed in the buttom remove them and run the laptop and see if the problem keeps happing.

Darnassus
01-07-2014, 06:16 PM
.. check the voltage of your CMOS battery? :c

angrylemon
01-08-2014, 03:22 AM
I found something interesting about my RAM, one is manufactured by Hyundai and the other is by Kingston. Could this be the issue?

Edit: One is on 1.5V while the other is using 1.35V

Crmn1625
01-08-2014, 04:45 AM
not sure why you are getting the BSOD's but the top sticky reminds us to use only 1.35v memory in our G750's

Darnassus
01-08-2014, 06:40 AM
I found something interesting about my RAM, one is manufactured by Hyundai and the other is by Kingston. Could this be the issue?

Edit: One is on 1.5V while the other is using 1.35V

That might be your problem. Your ram is specifically supposed to be 1.35 volts, nothing higher. I think it's to do with the 4700MQ Haswell.

I noticed that too by the way, I have Hyundai ram, lol.. how funny. But I've got 8x2.

angrylemon
01-08-2014, 07:08 AM
Yeah have 8x2 Hyundai and Kingston, the seller must have put in the wrong RAM (free upgrade to 32GB).