PDA

View Full Version : i just dont understand anymore....

beelvanbuuren
09-15-2011, 09:30 PM
got an asus g74sx, both my microphone doesn't record sound, and the HDMI doesn't output sound, tried installing new drivers and it didn't fix anything just made my whole audio not work so i had 2 go back to before, and its not a hardware problem cause the mic can be tested and i know it works. also my webcam refuses to work with certain programs.... so lost... its a brand new laptop. >_<

fuzon1337
09-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Have you tried to reinstall your computer ? If yes, you may probably have to send it in for repair to Asus for defect hardware. Or contact Asus hotline where you live and talk to them and see what they have to say about your problem =/

JRd1st
09-15-2011, 10:01 PM
got an asus g74sx, both my microphone doesn't record sound, and the HDMI doesn't output sound, tried installing new drivers and it didn't fix anything just made my whole audio not work so i had 2 go back to before, and its not a hardware problem cause the mic can be tested and i know it works. also my webcam refuses to work with certain programs.... so lost... its a brand new laptop. >_<

There was another link here about someone that couldn't get HDMI sound. They fixed it with Realtek HD Audio drivers v2.64

I don't know what you have installed, but check out that thread. Maybe it has your answer. :)

xeromist
09-15-2011, 11:02 PM
The thread about the 2.64 Reatek HDMI driver is the one I'm linking here in case anyone needs to read the full thread.
http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?4189-HDMI-Audio-problems