PDA

View Full Version : G750JH Video lagging problem!! [solved?]

AP ReVo
01-10-2014, 11:47 PM
hello,
i recently purchesed the G750JH model. i have it for a week now.
i really amazed by the force of this beast!!
i have windows 8.1. the problem is i have with the system is Video problems. after playing movies, even if it's in games' websites or even media player, no matter where, after 2 min of playing videos, the video starts lagging really bad. only after i move the mouse or i tap on any key it returns to play normally.
i have updated to the latest graphic driver if nVidia. Am i the only one who's having this problem? can someone help me?

Zygomorphic
01-11-2014, 12:49 AM
Have you checked your screensaver settings? If the system lags after 2 minutes of inactivity, but never when you keep moving the mouse, then that sounds like either a screensaver or a power setting issue. It's possible that something is trying to go to sleep when it shouldn't, which would cause the lag on wake-up.

hmscott
01-11-2014, 12:28 PM
hello,
i recently purchesed the G750JH model. i have it for a week now.
i really amazed by the force of this beast!!
i have windows 8.1. the problem is i have with the system is Video problems. after playing movies, even if it's in games' websites or even media player, no matter where, after 2 min of playing videos, the video starts lagging really bad. only after i move the mouse or i tap on any key it returns to play normally.
i have updated to the latest graphic driver if nVidia. Am i the only one who's having this problem? can someone help me?

When watching a video, you are actually "idle" - with no keyboard input - and some background programs will take that idle state as a cue to run their tasks - like Indexing your disk, doing an anti-virus scan, etc - keep the video window small in the corner and in an open spot have Windows Task Manager open displaying Processes - Sorted by CPU usage - and when you are considered "Idle" watch for the name of the process running - and then deal with it :)

APReVo
01-11-2014, 07:54 PM
i've tried changing the power plans and i've checked the task manager and the event viewer. it says nothing!
this is really frustrating i have no conclusion what am i suppose to do.
is there a utility/software that can keep track of everything that goes on the computer?

Zygomorphic
01-12-2014, 05:50 PM
i've tried changing the power plans and i've checked the task manager and the event viewer. it says nothing!
this is really frustrating i have no conclusion what am i suppose to do.
is there a utility/software that can keep track of everything that goes on the computer?
Task manager is as good as any, as far as I know. Try going into Control Panel->Administrative Services->Startup and looking at what programs and services are starting in the background.

Beyondforce
01-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Hey guys,

I have the exact same problem, but I experience it with online flash movies like in YouTube. I think it started 3 days ago after I installed Power4Gear Hybrid Utility. Suddenly after exactly 2 min. the video start lagging, the temperature increases and the fans starting work faster.

I have removed the Power4Gear Hybrid Utility, but nothing change. I have tried to play a video and to monitor for any suspicious service or program in the Task manager, but nothing!

I have the G750JX and running windows 7 ultimate :)

I have someone know how to fix it, because I'm very close to re-installing the system! :(

APReVo
01-14-2014, 08:07 PM
i'm really lost with ideas can anyone help me?

Crmn1625
01-14-2014, 08:48 PM
In todays microsoft updates is a fix that deals with lag problems in videos in 8.1. I did not have this issue and do not know if it will help you with your issue.

CaptainFlint
01-14-2014, 09:15 PM
Nope its still lagging

reka121402
01-14-2014, 09:28 PM
I've never in my life called "troll" but I'm calling it today.

4 user IDs (Ap Revo, ApRevo, BeyondForce, CaptianFLint) all created within a maximum 14 days (Jan 2014),all with under 10 posts, and replying to questions/statements not even directed at the perticular ID.

Zygomorphic
01-15-2014, 02:00 AM
I've never in my life called "troll" but I'm calling it today.

4 user IDs (Ap Revo, ApRevo, BeyondForce, CaptianFLint) all created within a maximum 14 days (Jan 2014),all with under 10 posts, and replying to questions/statements not even directed at the perticular ID.
Nope, not likely, at most only the two ApRevo's could be the same person, the other people have totally different country IP's. More than likely, some of them don't understand the generally accepted rules of the forum, which is to avoid derailing threads.

CaptainFlint
01-15-2014, 01:54 PM
Yes it is troll and we all have G750JH almost brand new with this ****ING problem that no one knows how to fix. I mean i bought a gaming laptop and I cant even play games normally. Btw when u use controller u have to move the mouse or press a button on the keyboard every 2 min or the game will lag for 5 seks and then freeze completely.

CaptainFlint
01-15-2014, 07:28 PM
I fixed my issue, but I am not sure which or those 2 things fix it though. First i disabled some power saving option in bios , and the other thing i did was install divX codecs. You can try and I hope u can fix your laptops aswell

hmscott
01-16-2014, 06:34 AM
I fixed my issue, but I am not sure which or those 2 things fix it though. First i disabled some power saving option in bios , and the other thing i did was install divX codecs. You can try and I hope u can fix your laptops aswell

Can you please be specific as to the BIOS change? Maybe a photo?

CaptainFlint
01-16-2014, 01:56 PM
Sorry I mislead you for some unknown to me reason when i do disk cleanup on my C: drive (windows drive) the problem is fixed.

hmscott
01-17-2014, 07:47 AM
Sorry I mislead you for some unknown to me reason when i do disk cleanup on my C: drive (windows drive) the problem is fixed.

Cool, the mystery fix, gotta love those... they usually come back ... :)

What program did you use to do disk clean up?

APReVo
01-17-2014, 10:33 AM
WOW thank you so much CaptainFlint that accually WORKED!!!!
i cleaned up my disk using windows Disk Clean-up, and i also used Ccleaner and everything went back to normal.

and btw-i'm not what you call a "Troll". i'm a new user at Asus, i bought my compuer 2 weeks ago and joined the ROG membership.

CaptainFlint
01-17-2014, 12:00 PM
APReVo its fine. I bought my laptop 3 weeks ago as well. But I will be grateful if we can pinpoint the exact reason why disk cleanup fixes the problem