PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to send my G53SW out for refurbishment?

FredrickTech
01-11-2014, 09:04 AM
Between the sudden appearance of over 10 dead pixels across various areas on my G53SW's screen and the fact that my built-in keyboard stopped working for some reason, I really want to just pay ASUS to repair my computer. I'm aware that these things get old and failures are bound to happen, and I'm not sure my warranty is in effect anymore, but as long as the price is okayish I'm willing to pay to have my computer fixed up. Can anyone provide some insight on this matter?

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention, ASUS shipped this unit with a nonfunctional webcam. It never worked, it doesn't even register in the hardware manager.

jamesgillre
01-12-2014, 05:52 PM
Hey Fredrick,

It is possible to get ASUS to carry out service repairs for you, however service varies depending on your localisation. I'm European, and I know the ASUS service centre is based in the Netherlands. Basically you have to call tech support and they make the arrangements for your laptop to be picked up by courier, they receive it, examine it, tell you what it needs, then allow you to accept the bill and get the repairs carried out.

For the keyboard it is probably the cable is loose, but if it is faulty it is very easy to replace. The display is a little harder to repair so I would recommend an expert if you have no experience of changing that. Generally the systems have 2 year warranty so check it out to see if it helps.

I am kind of annoyed with the g53sw power socket and cable located at the side - be very careful with it as the power pin breaks so easy on this laptop. Mines broke 2 weeks after my warranty expired and also the power brick stopped working.

cl-Albert
01-13-2014, 05:24 PM
Between the sudden appearance of over 10 dead pixels across various areas on my G53SW's screen and the fact that my built-in keyboard stopped working for some reason, I really want to just pay ASUS to repair my computer. I'm aware that these things get old and failures are bound to happen, and I'm not sure my warranty is in effect anymore, but as long as the price is okayish I'm willing to pay to have my computer fixed up. Can anyone provide some insight on this matter?

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention, ASUS shipped this unit with a nonfunctional webcam. It never worked, it doesn't even register in the hardware manager.

Hi,

Welcome to the forums!

If you're in the U.S., check this page to contact ASUS support if you want to request an out-of-warranty RMA to send in your notebook:
http://www.service.asus.com/#!consumer/csn9

You might also ask if they can give you any kind of estimate for the items expected to be replaced, but repair will not know the exact cost until they take a look at your notebook.