PDA

View Full Version : Asus G750J Win 8.1 takes ages to reboot (restart from start menu) [solved]

LapinFou
01-11-2014, 01:16 PM
Hi Folks,

I just received my new G750JH yesterday. It is definitely a very very good machine.
After upgrading to Win 8.1 + a couple of WinUpdate, my G750 started to not restart correctly. The symptom was: after clicking on restart, Win8.1 was shutting down, then my laptop seems to freeze on a blank screen. After waiting about 20-30s, it reboots.
When I has a look on the latest updates, I realized the guilty one was Bluetooth driver ! It is the Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth driver.
After downloading the latest driver from Asus web site (http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Bluetooth&p=3&ft=27&os=30) v8.0.1.308 (Don't forget to select Windows 8.1 64bit), it did solved my problem.
Since I takes me hours to find the solution, I'm sharing it here on this forum.

getjohnalive
01-11-2014, 03:21 PM
Hi Folks,

I just received my new G750JH yesterday. It is definitely a very very good machine.
After upgrading to Win 8.1 + a couple of WinUpdate, my G750 started to not restart correctly. The symptom was: after clicking on restart, Win8.1 was shutting down, then my laptop seems to freeze on a blank screen. After waiting about 20-30s, it reboots.
When I has a look on the latest update, I realized the guilty one was Bluetooth driver ! The Qualcomm Atheros BlueTooth driver.
After downloading the latest driver from Asus web site (http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Bluetooth&p=3&ft=27&os=30) v8.0.1.308 (Don't forget to select Windows 8.1 64bit), it did solved my problem.
Since I takes me hours to find the solution, I'm sharing it here on this forum.

is your Bluetooth Atheros or Broadcom? mine is Broadcom on G750JX.

LapinFou
01-11-2014, 07:07 PM
Thanks for this good question. It is the Qualcomm Atheros AR3012.
I will edit my first post.
:)

WhollyRudeTech
04-16-2014, 02:39 PM
When I try and install it, it says I already have it and should an install it first in control panel, is that ok to do that? I do love this rig and the long restart thing doesn't bother me too much but it would be nice to sort it!

LapinFou
04-16-2014, 05:31 PM
Well, it is worth to try !! Let us known if it did fixed the problem as it did for me !

hmscott
04-16-2014, 06:07 PM
When I try and install it, it says I already have it and should an install it first in control panel, is that ok to do that? I do love this rig and the long restart thing doesn't bother me too much but it would be nice to sort it!

Uninstall the old driver, reboot, and install the new driver package.

Be sure and get the latest, which isn't in the JW/JX/JH download areas - as of this posting date/time - but is in the new G750 download areas JM/JS/JZ - you will need to watch all 6 locations every few weeks to keep current, but upgrading to the latest Bluetooth package will fix the long restart/shutdown problem.

http://support.asus.com/Search.aspx?SLanguage=en&keyword=g750&ps=10&pn=1