PDA

View Full Version : How do you play 3D movies on G750JX?

Nordmansamut
01-12-2014, 08:10 AM
I have downloaded several 3D movies that I would like to watch on my laptop.

First I turn on Stereoscopic 3D in the NVidia Control panel. When I try to play the movies, I see either two pictures side by side or two pictures one on the top and one of the bottom.

I have tried the NVidia 3D Vision Video, VLC and Media Player Classic. They all do the same.

What am I doing wrong? I can't imagine 3 different software packages being at fault, so I am assuming this is 'User Error!'

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thomas

Nate152
01-12-2014, 08:36 AM
Hi Nordmansamut, Welcome to the ROG community. Nvidia 3D vision video should work if you have the Nvidia 3D vision glasses.

Nordmansamut
01-12-2014, 11:06 AM
I have the glasses. But I only get the double picture. That's the problem. How do I set up the application to make it into a single picture?

I've also installed Portal 2 and it works great. So I know the equipment is fine.

It's just movies that aren't working. So that means I am not doing something correct.

getjohnalive
01-12-2014, 07:53 PM
I have the glasses. But I only get the double picture. That's the problem. How do I set up the application to make it into a single picture?

I've also installed Portal 2 and it works great. So I know the equipment is fine.

It's just movies that aren't working. So that means I am not doing something correct.

maybe you need Blu-ray Optical Drive which support 3D Blu-ray Discs and a Blu-ray Player software that supports Blu-ray 3D. PowerDVD Ultra is the most well know for playing 3D Blu-ray discs.

Nehmia
01-12-2014, 08:08 PM
you need this:

ASUS DVD 10.0.4126.52 (3D) (http://www.mediafire.com/download/yh350l5l5p2wfh8/ASUSDVD_10.0.4126.52_%283D%29.zip)

It should've been in your drivers folder when you first bought the laptop but there's the download link for ya

Nordmansamut
01-15-2014, 11:33 AM
I tried many different things and finally got this working.

I guess the technology is a bit complicated when you try to play a rendered file rather than an original 3D Blue-ray.

Thanks for your help!

Thomas