PDA

View Full Version : Just Bought G750JX On Sale

DrunkDan
01-12-2014, 08:06 PM
So I have been going back and forth between the G750JX and the MSI GT70 product. I keep reading the display issues here and the cooling issues on the GT70. So.. finally decided to pull the trigger (after my wife was tired of hearing me ho humming back and forth for a week) after I saw Tiger Direct put it on sale.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8208716&CatId=4935

It is instantly $150 off, so it brings it to $1449. And there is a $50 mail in rebate... so $1399 for the G750JX. Since it is on sale I was able to grab a SSD to pop in there as well!

Can't wait to get it in. This is my first gaming computer- having been a console gamer for the last generation, and then gaming on cheap business class computers before that.

And it just so happens it will be here on Tuesday, my birthday. What a birthday gift to myself ha.

getjohnalive
01-12-2014, 10:45 PM
Congratulations with you new G750JX. I also own G750JX and I am playing Battlefield 4 on Ultra settings. and most all of my other games are playing from High to Ultra setting....But the Sims 3 is the only game that is not running fluent on this laptop.

DrunkDan
01-13-2014, 01:53 AM
Good to hear!

Quick question- when I pop the new SSD in, I plan on using the Backtracker tool to install the factory OS on there. Once I have installed the Backtracker tool and ran it against a flash drive... am I safe to repartition my SSD and remove the Recovery partition? I bought the 120GB Samsung EVO SSD so space is at a premium- ever GB helps. I assume Backtracker is really just a backup of the Recovery partition and you boot to the USB thumb drive just as you would booting to the Recovery partition.

Hurry up, Tuesday!

Nillaz
01-13-2014, 02:35 AM
Good to hear!

Quick question- when I pop the new SSD in, I plan on using the Backtracker tool to install the factory OS on there. Once I have installed the Backtracker tool and ran it against a flash drive... am I safe to repartition my SSD and remove the Recovery partition? I bought the 120GB Samsung EVO SSD so space is at a premium- ever GB helps. I assume Backtracker is really just a backup of the Recovery partition and you boot to the USB thumb drive just as you would booting to the Recovery partition.

Hurry up, Tuesday!

I deleted the recovery partition off of my Samsung SSD with no ill effects. You should be fine, just make sure you put your flash drive in a safe place.

balundab
01-13-2014, 04:03 AM
what nillaz said, put that in a lockbox or something. prolly make 2 of em like i did lol, im always loosing ****. Heating issues ar far and away the worst thing to have as a laptops achilles heel, the 750 really is in a league of its own when it comes to silent cooling. thing never gets hot after months now of ultra gaming hardcore many hours a day and then hauling it to my shop on my streetbike doing cnc work and hauling it back and gaming at night. im really pleased with my 750 it was worth every penny imho. cheers.

Darnassus
01-13-2014, 01:31 PM
Yeah and the screen you'll get used to. As long as your eyes are further than 2 feet during a dark game like Doom 3.. you're perfect.