PDA

View Full Version : Clean windows 8 install? New SSD? Noisy fans?

Geek Shogunat
01-12-2014, 09:45 PM
Hi Asus members.

I was wondering if someone can help me out with this:

1-I'd like to do a clean install of Windows 8 but without purchasing a cd key. Can I use the serial the laptop came with?
2-I purchased a new SSD since Mexican version of this laptop (asus g750jx) doesn't come with one.
3-I've been noticing that fans start getting loudly when CPU reaches 42 C but just the left one. Is this normal? I mean its REALLY LOUDLY.

Thanks in advance :)

P.d.: English is not my native language. Try to keep it simple.

getjohnalive
01-12-2014, 10:30 PM
Hi Asus members.

I was wondering if someone can help me out with this:

1-I'd like to do a clean install of Windows 8 but without purchasing a cd key. Can I use the serial the laptop came with?
2-I purchased a new SSD since Mexican version of this laptop (asus g750jx) doesn't come with one.
3-I've been noticing that fans start getting loudly when CPU reaches 42 C but just the left one. Is this normal? I mean its REALLY LOUDLY.

Thanks in advance :)

IP.d.: English is not my native language. Try to keep it simple.

I also have G750JX that came without SSD, so I had to buy SSD myself later. and I 've done a clean install of windows 8 on this laptop, and the laptop don't asks you to type any serial key. because the windows 8 key for the Windows 8 Edition that came with your laptop is stored in BIOS. so you don't need any key. just put your Windows 8 DVD install, then you're good to go.

My G750JX doesn't make loudly noise. it's always cool..even if I am playing games. but I think your laptop is Ok.

gazzacbr
01-13-2014, 04:03 AM
for a clean install you need a windows 8 SL (single language version) basic or pro to match the sticker on the underside of you laptop (if it doesnt say pro then its not)
when you install this way you dont need to enter serial and activation is automatic as soon as you connect online.
other versions need a lot of fiddling to get your serial to be used.
clean install is always the way to go to clear all the crapware out.

not sure about the fans though. mine is dead quiet up to about 50C. even gaming the fans are only just about heard with the sound off.
at 65-70C the fans are NOISY especially the left one.

Geek Shogunat
01-13-2014, 06:47 AM
I also have G750JX that came without SSD, so I had to buy SSD myself later. and I 've done a clean install of windows 8 on this laptop, and the laptop don't asks you to type any serial key. because the windows 8 key for the Windows 8 Edition that came with your laptop is stored in BIOS. so you don't need any key. just put your Windows 8 DVD install, then you're good to go.

My G750JX doesn't make loudly noise. it's always cool..even if I am playing games. but I think your laptop is Ok.

Thanks, I didn't knew that. I guess I'll do a clean install tomorrow.
I benched my CPU temps today 42c its when they start to be loud, at 50c you can clearly hear them if the volume is 45 or less, but at 70c ++ you need to use headphones.

Thanks to everyone for reply :)

Pitcher@asus
01-14-2014, 07:28 AM
please try clean install win 8 in your new ssd, it mean win 8 key is bundle in BIOS.
you mean lound, it mean fan speed fast or?

VirtualMark
01-14-2014, 10:27 AM
Use Intel Extreme Tuning Utility to undervolt your CPU. This will reduce temperatures and fan noise, it'll also increase performance as it'll allow you to stay in turbo mode for longer.

Geek Shogunat
01-14-2014, 04:36 PM
please try clean install win 8 in your new ssd, it mean win 8 key is bundle in BIOS.
you mean lound, it mean fan speed fast or?

A asus suppport member told me that i should do a clean install of w8.1 single language version, i might to that. The proble is that one of the screws of the HDD that i need to remove came wasted and i cant take it back. So i cant flip my ssd for my hdd.

getjohnalive
01-14-2014, 05:02 PM
A asus suppport member told me that i should do a clean install of w8.1 single language version, i might to that. The proble is that one of the screws of the HDD that i need to remove came wasted and i cant take it back. So i cant flip my ssd for my hdd.

is your HDD damaged?

Geek Shogunat
01-14-2014, 05:39 PM
Use Intel Extreme Tuning Utility to undervolt your CPU. This will reduce temperatures and fan noise, it'll also increase performance as it'll allow you to stay in turbo mode for longer.

Thanks but, I think im ok with turbo im always @3.2 GHz - @3.6GHz when playing games. I'll do it for temperatures, thanks bro :)

Geek Shogunat
01-14-2014, 05:41 PM
is your HDD damaged?

No it isn't, sometimes i believe is a 7200 rpm and not a 5400 rpm. The screw I talk is one of those three you need to take off to be able to remove the hdd bay.

Geek Shogunat
01-14-2014, 05:43 PM
is your HDD damaged?

No it isn't, sometimes i believe is a 7200 rpm and not a 5400 rpm. The screw I talk is one of those three you need to take off to be able to remove the hdd bay.