PDA

View Full Version : G75 HDMI out

Bills86e
01-13-2014, 01:08 AM
Too much rain to go out, so working o/l. I plugged the hdmi into my lcd 40" sony tv, then it just went out. no sound or picture.
I'd like advice on what to do to get it working. My 1 year warranty is up also, so need to fix myself.
There was some local lightning strikes, so therewas electricals in the air. I do not know if this effects HDMI.

cl-Albert
01-13-2014, 06:17 PM
Hope it's okay to go through the obvious things first, but I did a little testing with HDMI out of my Win7 G75VW test unit and came up with the ideas below.

1. Connect the HDMI out, power on your notebook and tap 'F2' right away to get into the bios to get a better idea if the notebook hardware is working okay.
My G75VW was able display the bios screen on the HDMI monitor which if it works for you, may indicate a software issue or setting issue if it doesn't work in Windows for you.

By the way, if you don't plug in the HDMI before powering on, switch the display output to the HDMI monitor using Fn+F8 after hot-pluggins the HDMi cable.

2. If you haven't already, toggle through the Sony TV video-in settings to make sure it's set for the notebook display and not something else. Try to get the Windows desktop to show up first.
Also, look under the nVIdia Control Panel 'Display' settings to set up multiplie displays and check if it sees your TV.

3. If you have another computer with HDMI out or another HDMI monitor around, try comparing with other hardware if available just to make sure everything else is working as you expect.

Feel free to discuss more or get more ideas from others.