PDA

View Full Version : G75 and XTU How to use?

Lil Godwin
01-13-2014, 04:41 PM
Alright, a few noob questions. I downloaded Intel XTU and I did not seem to get all of the options with it. The program downloaded, but I wasn't able to alter anything, nor was there a "settings" tab in the upper right. I wasn't able to view any of the specs (hence the inability to change them) and I'm not really sure where to go from there. I downloaded straight from the Cpuid website.

If/when I'm able to get the program running, could someone also point me in the direction of a 'how-to' for using the program? Or is it really too simple and self-explanatory to use? Unless it's way too complicated, I'm sure I can figure it out, but I definitely don't mind skimming through a rundown of the program and all it has to offer, if such a page can be found.

Thanks!

HiVizMan
01-13-2014, 04:54 PM
Hello

For a start XTU is an Intel programme and has nothing to do with CPUID. You can download the application directly from Intel to ensure you get the latest version.

List your hardware and we can see how to proceed.

Lil Godwin
01-14-2014, 01:41 AM
Hah, my bad obviously. To clarify, I am talking about the Intel XTU, not the Cpuid Cpu-Z. I did download from Intel directly. THIS ONE (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21054&ProdId=3483&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20%2864-bit%29*&DownloadType=Software%20Applications).

G750JW (Best Buy version)
16gb
i7 4700HQ
GTX 765M
Bios v.207
Windows 7 Ultimate
Any other info needed?

HiVizMan
01-14-2014, 08:34 AM
Ah a notebook. Right I have moved you to the correct section. Sorry I do not do notebooks.