PDA

View Full Version : My laptop just shut off when I put to sleep mode.

getjohnalive
01-13-2014, 05:21 PM
My G750JX shut off when I put it to sleep mode, is this problem with my laptop? it's updated to windows 8.1 with the latest GPU driver from NVidia. ATK Package already updated to 1.0.0031.

Pitcher@asus
01-14-2014, 07:08 AM
please check power manager setting or try remove power4gear utility to use widows power manager.
you mean upgrate to win 8.1 then occur or?

Aram_yossarian
01-14-2014, 09:32 AM
Could try looking in the system log

Win+X to call up the quick menu select the Event Viewer. Windows logs --> System Log. Look at the log times and see if it ever went to sleep, or if it shut down straight away, it might even have woken and then shut itself down. It gives reasons for entering/exiting sleep.

VirtualMark
01-14-2014, 10:13 AM
Mine does this too, I think it's related to the Windows 8 fast startup feature. It's a hybrid of hibernation and sleep. It's annoying tho when I just want it to sleep, it seems to shut down every now and then. I guess I could completely disable the hibernation and fast startup features, but it only takes a few seconds to boot so I'm not too bothered.

getjohnalive
01-14-2014, 10:44 AM
Mine does this too, I think it's related to the Windows 8 fast startup feature. It's a hybrid of hibernation and sleep. It's annoying tho when I just want it to sleep, it seems to shut down every now and then. I guess I could completely disable the hibernation and fast startup features, but it only takes a few seconds to boot so I'm not too bothered.

maybe it is related to the windows 8 fast start up feature. but I get an error message that: windows was not properly shut down.

Aram_yossarian
01-14-2014, 11:09 AM
I'd have a look at the logs, sounds like something is going wrong either with writting the data to the drive for the sleep or its trying to wake after it goes to sleep and failing so shuts down. Is the laptop in a bag or other area with poor air flow after you put it to sleep, could be waking up and failing to keep it self cool and performing a thermal shutdown?

getjohnalive
01-14-2014, 11:17 AM
I'd have a look at the logs, sounds like something is going wrong either with writting the data to the drive for the sleep or its trying to wake after it goes to sleep and failing so shuts down. Is the laptop in a bag or other area with poor air flow after you put it to sleep, could be waking up and failing to keep it self cool and performing a thermal shutdown?

the laptop is not in bag, I am using it on table. and nothing is blocking the vents. however everything are working. but if I put to sleep mod, the laptop shuts down.

Aram_yossarian
01-14-2014, 11:24 AM
OK good so we're not overheating, someone on another forum was having problems with their laptop waking up in a bag over heating and then shutting down. Turned out to be a usb mouse triggering the wake.

Your issue sounds more serious I'd check the logs if you can.

getjohnalive
01-14-2014, 11:33 AM
ok..I will check the logs...how do I check logs?, I am not a computer geek

Aram_yossarian
01-14-2014, 11:48 AM
Could try looking in the system log

Win+X to call up the quick menu select the Event Viewer. Windows logs --> System Log. Look at the log times and see if it ever went to sleep, or if it shut down straight away, it might even have woken and then shut itself down. It gives reasons for entering/exiting sleep.

Here, hope we can help

getjohnalive
01-14-2014, 11:55 AM
ok..I'll check the logs