PDA

View Full Version : List of bloatware and drivers

w-space2010
01-14-2014, 07:33 PM
When I first purchased my G75 in Sept of 2012 I had found here a list of the bloatware to uninstall and which specific drivers to do away with. I just did a factory restore on my notebook and I in the process of resetting it up. Alas, I cant find tha old thread that talked about that. Any direction or advice would be appreciated!

cl-Albert
01-14-2014, 08:22 PM
It may not be easy to find that old post, but check Zyg's reply below for a different model at this thread (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?41141-I-just-got-the-following-from-Newegg-and-was-wondering-....-solved&country=&status=) that should still apply for your notebook.
We decided later that Windows provides the webcam driver for these newer models and you can probably remove the Virtual Camera driver too if you aren't doing anything special with the webcam.
If you still have questions about any specific programs or drivers not mentioned, feel free to check back.

Dump: Power4Gear can go. Life Frames can go. Scene Switch can go. Splendid can go.
Keep: ATKACPI (Keyboard). Virtual Camera (webcam drivers). Instant On (sleep mode enhancements). Device Filter (keyboard driver).

w-space2010
01-14-2014, 09:14 PM
I appreciate it! Now I jsut need to find a list of what Drivers are 100% needed to update

Clintlgm
01-14-2014, 09:58 PM
Chipset, IRST, IME, Video, Audio USB 3, Bluetooth, WiFi, LAN ATK, AI Recovery or Backtracker for recovery. Any on the Asus Support Download (http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G75VW&p=3&s=388) site for your NB and OS. That you are using. I wouldn't update your BIOS unless your having a problem that the update will fix!!! I'm on 8.1 and still using BIOS 210 with no issues

w-space2010
01-15-2014, 06:41 PM
Well S**t. I updated my USB 3.0 drivers and none of my USB ports work anymore....I don't know how to fix this :(

Clintlgm
01-15-2014, 07:07 PM
Well S**t. I updated my USB 3.0 drivers and none of my USB ports work anymore....I don't know how to fix this :(

Please let us know what NB you have G75 VW? VX? OS 7 or 8 or 8.1

The USB 3.0 driver in the Win 7 64bit download section should work. If it doesn't uninstall Asus Charger Plus software from Control Panel Uninstall Intel USB 3.0 driver from Control Panel. Reboot Twice then Install the Intel USB 3.0 driver that should solve your problems.
There are no USB 3.0 drivers in the Win 8 or 8.1 section of Asus Support Downloads section as win 8 natively support USB 3.0