PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a game please

Nehmia
01-15-2014, 03:41 PM
I haven't played any PC Games since the days of Unreal Tournament II and Quake III

Now that I have a G750JX, can you please recommend me a good action game that is worth the money and fun + addictive?

I hear a lot of talk about Call of Duty but what else are the other hot games?

I want one game to start off with as I am limited on cash.

Here are the Genres I wish you to give me recommendations for:

1- Action Game?
2- Racing Game?
3- Football (Soccer) Game?

Myk SilentShadow
01-15-2014, 03:43 PM
Quake 4!!!! I just bought it on Steam for $20 USD lol

Nehmia
01-15-2014, 03:45 PM
Quake 4!!!! I just bought it on Steam for $20 USD lol

I've never used steam or know how it works?

Please tell me how to do this, what do I need to download and how to buy the game?

Myk SilentShadow
01-15-2014, 03:51 PM
Go to www.steampowered.com and download the client, link should be in the top right of their website :)

Nehmia
01-15-2014, 03:52 PM
thanks guys

Myk SilentShadow
01-15-2014, 03:54 PM
No worries, they have loads of sales on all the time. Games go really cheap :)

Nehmia
01-15-2014, 04:03 PM
When you buy a geam from steam, then format your laptop, can you redownload it again? or do they impose any kinds of limits?

Nehmia
01-15-2014, 04:10 PM
How come I am not seeing Quake 4 recommended in any of the best FPS games for 2013? is it not good or what?

Dr. Zchivago
01-15-2014, 04:17 PM
When you buy a geam from steam, then format your laptop, can you redownload it again? or do they impose any kinds of limits?

No limits - I have games installed on multiple PCs, and the Steam Cloud syncs your game saves so you can pick up where you left off on any machine that has Steam and a copy of that game (assuming you allow Steam to sync - see the option menu). Although, you will have to log into your account to play on that computer - even off-line. So, you can't hook up your buddies with free games.

How come I am not seeing Quake 4 recommended in any of the best FPS games for 2013? is it not good or what?

"A shooter's a shooter." I'm still one of those Counter-Strike snobs, although I have BF4 just to stress my rig.

Myk SilentShadow
01-15-2014, 04:20 PM

Because it's an old game that's why lol

Shawnnepc
01-15-2014, 04:57 PM
Bulletstorm is pretty ridiculous with their action.

Just Cause 2 is very fun and over the top.

Saints Row 4

In case you want to friend me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ciddire09/

MegaMouseGW
01-15-2014, 05:49 PM

No limits at all. Any game you buy or download from steam is permanently put into a locker for you and you can download it as many times as you want as long as you have a steam account. I have 3 computers that I have Steam installed on. The only thing is that you cannot be logged into more than one machine at a time.

Nate152
01-15-2014, 06:36 PM
Far Cry 3 is an excellent game. It is an action first person shooter with role playing elements and has beautiful graphics. It will take you days to complete if you liberate all the outposts, climb all the radio towers, do all the side quests, find all the relics and memory cards and loot all the chests. Then there is the story part to play. My favorite parts are the hunting side quests and burning the drug cartels marijuana fields but the whole game is good. It has multiplayer and coop missions too. It uses the Ubisoft Uplay client. As long as you remember your user name and password none of the clients have limits. (Steam, Uplay, Origin)

Nehmia
01-15-2014, 08:43 PM
Guys why isn't there Need For Speed Rivals on Steam? I only find older Need for speed games :(

SpasTaz0917
01-15-2014, 11:50 PM
Nehmia,
the Need for Speed is from EA games.

so you will find it at Origin (http://www.origin.com) (EA's version of Steam)

not sure if this is allowed, mod remove if necesasry. ( I am not a part of the following website/nor a paid promoter)
just a gamer for gamer recommendation :)

but you can usually get the games cheaper at online sites like CJsCDkeys.com and just activate the keys at Steam or Origin
and saves some money so you can buy more games. and they are legit.
but check first their fb or trustpilot ratings if you find other online retailers. some might be scammers, I haven't encountered scammers so far, luckily.

that's where I buy my games and save alot of money by doing so.
except when steam has it's crazy holiday sales etc. :) :P

n1ghtl1fe
01-16-2014, 01:03 AM
I haven't played any PC Games since the days of Unreal Tournament II and Quake III

Now that I have a G750JX, can you please recommend me a good action game that is worth the money and fun + addictive?

I hear a lot of talk about Call of Duty but what else are the other hot games?

I want one game to start off with as I am limited on cash.

Here are the Genres I wish you to give me recommendations for:

1- Action Game?
2- Racing Game?
3- Football (Soccer) Game?

1 - Tomb Raider (Excellent story and action, great gameplay) or FarCry 3 (Amazing game) or Batman Arkham City (Newest is good but if you havent played this one yet I'd check it out)
2 - Racing game on PC? The newer NFS games suck IMO I miss the NFS: Underground gameplay. Check out NFS: World its been out for a while now but with high res settings it looks pretty good, its an open world mmo and its free to play.
3 - Fifa 14

Nehmia
01-16-2014, 09:27 AM
Nehmia,
the Need for Speed is from EA games.

so you will find it at Origin (http://www.origin.com) (EA's version of Steam)

not sure if this is allowed, mod remove if necesasry. ( I am not a part of the following website/nor a paid promoter)
just a gamer for gamer recommendation :)

but you can usually get the games cheaper at online sites like CJsCDkeys.com and just activate the keys at Steam or Origin
and saves some money so you can buy more games. and they are legit.
but check first their fb or trustpilot ratings if you find other online retailers. some might be scammers, I haven't encountered scammers so far, luckily.

that's where I buy my games and save alot of money by doing so.
except when steam has it's crazy holiday sales etc. :) :P

thanks bro

Nehmia
01-16-2014, 09:27 AM
1 - Tomb Raider (Excellent story and action, great gameplay) or FarCry 3 (Amazing game) or Batman Arkham City (Newest is good but if you havent played this one yet I'd check it out)
2 - Racing game on PC? The newer NFS games suck IMO I miss the NFS: Underground gameplay. Check out NFS: World its been out for a while now but with high res settings it looks pretty good, its an open world mmo and its free to play.
3 - Fifa 14

I bought FIFA 2014 :)

how come NFS Rivals sucks? I loved the older NFS series and love the fact that Rivals has the new 2015 Mustang, what's bad about it man

Loafy
01-18-2014, 08:02 PM
Check out....

Spin-tires.
Just Cause 2
Assassins Creed IV
War Thunder
Beam NG
DayZ
Off Road Drive
Skyrim?
Euro Truck Sim 2

I have 49 games on my G75

Loafy
01-18-2014, 08:07 PM
Check out Need for speed world. Probably the best of the series since the first most wanted

Nehmia
01-18-2014, 08:13 PM
Check out Need for speed world. Probably the best of the series since the first most wanted

Just bought Counter-Strike Global Offensive and FIFA 2014.

Can you please explain why NFS World is better than NFS Rivals?

Loafy
01-18-2014, 09:11 PM
In my opinion rivals is too arcadey. Criterion killed the series. It's a Burnout Game with police.

I like world because it reminds me of a better time when games were fun. the cash store is a killer lol there are $50 cars if you are dumb enough to buy one.

I can get over 2 million SP from going in a circle around a repair station. I dont know its more of a game for children or someone with a limited amount of play time

Loafy
01-18-2014, 09:17 PM
Not going to say you wont like it. but try it you might like it. everyone has different taste in games

Nehmia
01-18-2014, 09:41 PM
hmm ok, what really caught my attention in Rivals is that it has the new Mustang 2015 which is my dream car