PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G750JX RAID0 issue

codered1st
01-15-2014, 08:01 PM
Hello guys,

I own a G750JX and decided to do the following:

- removed the default Hitachi 750 GB SATA2 HDD.
- removed the bluray Combo.
- the default LITEON SSD - 256 GB was inserted into the Bluray Bay using a HDD caddy.
- on the 2 remaining S-ATA slots I inserted 2 x 750 S-ATA 3 WD Black edition HDDs.
- I configured the SATA to RAID and created a RAID 0 between both 2 x 750 GB WD Black HDDs.

Now here is where the problem starts - Win 8.1 was installed successfully and also the IST drivers 12.9.0.1001 on top of the OS.
My issue is that the RAID 0 volume ( drive D: ) is sometimes present and sometimes not:
Each time I restart my laptop I can see in the IST controller menu that the RAID 0 is in NORMAL state but once booting to Win 8.1 the drive is not present and the IST appliance tells me that the RAID 0 is in FAILED state.
Now after a clean shutdown and power on - booting in WIN 8.1 I can see the volume there and the RAID 0 is in NORMAL state again.

Sometimes I also get blue screens from WIN.

There are error messages within the logs:

Disk 0 has been surprise removed.

The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR3, has a bad block.

Doing a chkdsk is not finding any issues and the data is not corrupted on the RAID 0 volume.

Anyone facing this strange behavior on his end?
Any idea how to solve this issue?

BIOS version is 209 on my end - just updated it today - but the behavior was also present on version 208 too.

Thank You!