PDA

View Full Version : G74SX charging problem ('plugged in, charging' but still runs out of power)

skaZi
01-16-2014, 02:26 PM
Hi everyone! I own an asus g74sx (2011-10), yersterday I noticed that my laptop is plugged in, with battery connected, but still draining.. When i took out the battery, the laptop has turned off and can't start it without battery. I checked with another charger, but still nothing. It's not the battery or the power adapter either. I disassambled it, cleaned the motherboard, checked if the ac jack is broken or burned, but didnt found anything... I took out ram memories, plugged to other slots, still nothing... When I take out the battery, and plug the charger, the battery led blinks orange very fast. I have no idea what to do with this problem. Please help if somebody has any ideas. thanks a lot.

Dan kn
01-17-2014, 02:17 AM
Hi SkaZi
i have the same problem but one of my chips burnt right next to the wehre u plug in the power.. not sure of its the same problem but right next to the power on the motherboard and the chip its bubbled and burnt and i smelt smoke when it happend.... the laptop works fine but i think thats the chip the controols the power and battrey as mine wont hold charge and the battry gets supper hot and ternd of the laptop.. it charges relly slow when the computer off tho.. o.o? not sure if this helps it only happend to me the other day with the latest nvida update..

heres a link to my problem lol it wont let me eddit the post of some odd reson..
it has a picture of the chip thats burnt u can look also.. if u updated to nvida and had the battry problem.. might be that?

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?42528-G74SX-Burning-smoking-Help!&p=361740#post361740

skaZi
02-20-2014, 11:09 PM
Unfortunately I had to change the motherboard...