View Full Version : Questions for: ASUS G73JH Owners [solved]

Alonex
01-21-2014, 08:43 PM
Since I went back to windows 7 64 bit,
my ASUS G73JH is working, everything is working perfectly....I think,

accept that in...

(1)
In Device Manager, under Other Devices,
there are 4 unknown devices which i have no idea what they are so.. how would know what driver to search for ?

(2) Backlight and the 3 upper left buttons are working perfectly after installed: ATKPackage & Power4Gear & Splendid utility & KBFilter

but I'm NOT sure if my keyboard has the ability to light up, so G73JH owners, I am asking, is the keyboard suppose to light up ?

cl-Albert
01-22-2014, 01:14 AM
Since I went back to windows 7 64 bit,
my ASUS G73JH is working, everything is working perfectly....I think,

accept that in...

(1)
In Device Manager, under Other Devices,
there are 4 unknown devices which i have no idea what they are so.. how would know what driver to search for ?

I'm not a G73JH owner, but had some ideas below if you're interested.
Sorry, you're probably looking for an easier way, but all the drivers you need for the notebook are posted on the ASUS download site, so you may want to go through them if you haven't already to check which ones haven't been installed:
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G73Jh&p=3&s=252

(2) Backlight and the 3 upper left buttons are working perfectly after installed: ATKPackage & Power4Gear & Splendid utility & KBFilter

but I'm NOT sure if my keyboard has the ability to light up, so G73JH owners, I am asking, is the keyboard suppose to light up ?

If the hardware is working okay, the keyboard lights should flash momentarily after you power on the unit and before you get into Windows, so if you don't see this, it's not likely a software issue.
Anyway, you can try pressing the Fn+F4 key combination a few times in Windows to see if it turns on your keyboard light.

Alonex
01-22-2014, 09:33 AM
Update:

It turned out that the unknown devices were related to my LG cellphone since Im tethering through my cellphone and its connected.
As for the g73jh keyboard, the answer is NO, it doesn't light up on start up but im still not sure if it has the ability to.

billyray520
01-22-2014, 02:38 PM
I had the same problem with my bluetooth (also connected to an LG cellphone) One symptom I noticed was that in Devices and Printers there was an error mark on the phone. I also had the unknow devices in Device manager, plus the phone connected but I couldn't exchange files. I had to totally uninstall the Bluetooth driver (I can't remember if there was an entry in Programs or not) and in Device manager too I deleted it. Then I reinstalled the original bluetooth driver that is posted on the Asus website for the G73jh. After doing that, there are NO unknown devices in Device manager, and the Devices and Printers doesn't show any error marks on the LG phone device. I think a Windows update fubared my driver. :mad:

Alonex
01-26-2014, 08:49 PM
Hmmm. still no answer yet ?

Anyone who owns the g73jh , does the keyboard suppose to light up ?

Nope, it doesn't flash then goes off when rebooting.

cl-Albert
01-27-2014, 07:33 PM
Yes, there are G73Jh notebooks with lighted keyboards if that's what you're asking, and there are old troubleshooting threads you can find through searching like this one that you may want to check:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?17910-Help-is-not-working-keyboard-backlight&highlight=g73jh+backlight

Check post #6 by dstrakele if you want to try to find the fixmykb.rar file, but it takes some hunting to find a download link that still works.

If you don't see the keyboard lights flash at power-up, it indicates some kind of hardware or firmware issue which might be fixed by the fixmykb.rar file, but really should not have changed if you reinstalled Windows.

You may also want to check the keyboard cables if you can do this safely (it can be easy to break the fragile plastic keyboard clips which secure the keyboard cables and cannot be easily replaced (except by purchasing a new motherboard?), so please be aware of this).

If you prefer to send it back to ASUS repair, they should be able to solve this for you too.

Good luck!

billyray520
01-27-2014, 08:23 PM
Here's a link for fixmykb.rar (http://www.hardwareoverclock.com/download/G73JhFixKBLights.rar)! :o It also works on the G73SW and G53SW.

Alonex
01-29-2014, 04:40 AM
d-Albert
Thanks for the instruction link otherwise i would not know how to do it.
&
billyray520

Thanks for the file.

Once again, thank you to both of you.
My Keyboard does have the ability to light up and its working perfectly now :D

billyray520
01-29-2014, 01:53 PM
Congrats on your repair! :D Another G73jh continues to RULE! :cool: