PDA

View Full Version : 5 Months In - Still Loving my G750 JX

Dream
01-22-2014, 06:30 PM
I think lately at least, that this forum under-represents the quality and value of the G750. IMO the likelihood of someone reporting a bad experience is a lot higher than the likelihood of someone reporting a good experience in any industry, high end notebooks are no exception.

So I simply wanted to say that 5 months in, I still love this notebook. I work on it five to seven days a week, it travels with me, and acts as my primary keyboard. I also game on it pretty consistently, including new games that push the notebook like Tomb Raider and Metro Last Light (with everything or near everything *maxed* out).

The notebook is not perfect (and I don't know of one that is), and yet, I am *extremely* happy with my purchase, including the quality of the product itself, as well as with what I paid.

I run this thing hard operating an entire business from it, and it does nothing but keep cool and quiet, and run fast even without SSDs.

If the specs of the computer meet your needs, I absolutely recommend it, and browsing this sub-forum for how to get the most out of it and take proper care of it after the fact.

The re-seller I bought from, Pro-Star, was also first class.

williclarkam
01-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Hello,

I'm wanna buy this laptop and got a few questions that only can be answered by people who own this laptop so,
I use my laptop everyday and about 10 hours I work on my laptop (programming, surfing) and the rest 14 hours the laptop is still on (downloading), is this bad for Asus's ROG laptops? will this cause any problem?

Regards,
~W.C

Prostar Computer
01-22-2014, 07:16 PM
So glad to hear that it has treated you well, Dream!

@williclarkam: Many leave their laptops on almost constantly, only putting it to sleep when not in use. Extensive use will put wear and tear on any laptop. For your purposes, it will still treat you well as long as you treat it well. :)

fab5yo
01-22-2014, 08:33 PM
Same here my G750JX is awesome the best investment I have made in along time. Everything is great about the machine. I am so glad I went with Asus and not MSI or alienware for what you get and in the price range this the best bet and it made with quality allover. I am very happy with laptop.

polbit
01-23-2014, 01:54 AM
Ditto! Love my JX! After years of trying to play games on Macbook Pros, I finally bit the bullet, and have been loving the experience.

JMourao
01-23-2014, 11:27 AM
yup so as me :3 1st gamming pc, and iam happy as hell.

Iam one of those that in 3 years time, will buy another asus computer and i recommend to everyone. Besides some slow drivers development(other brands are even slower), this computer has this community and you know that if you have a problem you can easily check if its common or not

Darnassus
01-24-2014, 11:55 AM
It's nice to know that it's going so well for you after 5 months now. I feel much more secure with my purchase. :3

Andyponken
01-24-2014, 02:13 PM
Only had mine for about 1 month and i agree, i love every frame this laptop gives me, and every square mm of the hardware =).

Darnassus
01-24-2014, 02:41 PM
Except the stupid little dark grey lines on black! :c Everything is perfect except the screeeeeen! >xc

Myk SilentShadow
01-24-2014, 02:42 PM
In amongst all of the requests for help, it's great to see some users posting their happiness with what they bought.

getjohnalive
01-24-2014, 03:11 PM
I got my G750JX and I am happy with it...used it for 2 weeks and have no issues with it so far...

but it is not my first ROG laptop, cause I already own two other older ASUS G series laptops, G74SX and G73JH..had no issue with those two laptops except BIOS and vBIOS installation issue with those two older laptops. but ASUS fixed it for me..I am happy with ASUS Repair service...